Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallet requesting release from Michigan! Tell me its true!

Started by jaredkr, April 13, 2007, 01:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeirwin

HogNuttz

Quote from: scootman on April 13, 2007, 03:03:42 pm
I am not sure he would have to sit if he never played a game...I thought once they played a game that they had to sit. I may be wrong but that was my understanding.

I think they have to sit out a year once they attend classes, not play a game.  If that was the case, then freshman that were redshirting could transfer and play the next season.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

jhudson84

Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on April 13, 2007, 03:20:05 pm
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 13, 2007, 02:53:10 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 02:47:18 pm
This is per Otis, thats why its still up, he may not leave UM, he has requested his release.

Why would he ask for a release, then stay at UM?

ask mitch.

Mitch is staying because he would be academically ineligble, correct?  If he left in the middle of the year because he was too late to get into another school.

conman_7

jhudson84

Not a rumor but you can move it to this forum if you would like, hopefully when he is released this thread will be moved back to MMQB

conman_7

MM just stayed so he would have more time to go through all of the recruiting and make a good decision on were to go.

SpareRib

Quote from: conman_7 on April 13, 2007, 03:28:08 pm
MM just stayed so he would have more time to go through all of the recruiting and make a good decision on were to go.

...and to maintain his eligibility while doing so.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

LyonHog

Quote from: twistitup on April 13, 2007, 03:21:19 pm
The reason I see Mallet coming here is opportunity. Why go to Texas and compete with top rung qb's- he can come here, play in the SEC and be THE MAN...

The man in what?  The lead handeroffer?  Assuming Nutt stays longer then we want (granted that was between 1 and 9 years)  how do we know is leaving next year?  Like many, i want Nutt gone but why would we risk destroying another potential NFL Qb prospect if there is no guarantee that Nutt will be gone?

HogNuttz

This is per Otis, thats why its still up, he may not leave UM, he has requested his release.

ask mitch.

Ryan is obviously not the cancer that Mitch was.  Please don't compare the two.

Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

LyonHog

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: Porkaholic on April 13, 2007, 03:30:05 pm

Sorry gotta disagree
HDN AS HC = No MM
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: HogNuttz on April 13, 2007, 03:24:26 pm
I am not sure he would have to sit if he never played a game...I thought once they played a game that they had to sit. I may be wrong but that was my understanding.

I think they have to sit out a year once they attend classes, not play a game.  If that was the case, and freshman that was redshirting could transfer and play the next season.

No, its when you sign the letter of intent.  The letter of intent states that you are acepting the scholarship.  You have to ask for a release from the scholarship and it is denied you must sit out the following two years.  If it is granted you only have to sit out the following year.

conman_7

Well we are getting the "cart in front of the horse" I havn't seen anyone that has confirmed this.  JF is the only QB transfering from Michigan that I have seen, and if he is gone BD is going to fight like crazy to keep RM.

HogNuttz

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on April 13, 2007, 03:32:33 pm
Quote from: HogNuttz on April 13, 2007, 03:24:26 pm

I think they have to sit out a year once they attend classes, not play a game.  If that was the case, and freshman that was redshirting could transfer and play the next season.

No, its when you sign the letter of intent.  The letter of intent states that you are acepting the scholarship.  You have to ask for a release from the scholarship and it is denied you must sit out the following two years.  If it is granted you only have to sit out the following year.

This from the NCAA transfer guide.

Ask yourself these questions:
■  Have you ever been enrolled full time at a two- or four-year school in a regular academic term? (Summer does not count.)
■  Have you ever reported for practice with the regular squad?
■  Have you ever practiced or played while you were enrolled part time?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, you are a transfer. That means you now need to learn the transfer rules if you still want to play your sport at your new NCAA school.

Apparently enrollment is point of no return, not actually attending class.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 03:24:39 pm

ask mitch.

Mitch is staying because he would be academically ineligble, correct?  If he left in the middle of the year because he was too late to get into another school.

That is what I assume...I was just pointing out that kids do this for all sorts of reasons and it's not that uncommon. I suppose.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on April 13, 2007, 03:32:26 pm
Quote from: Porkaholic on April 13, 2007, 03:30:05 pm

Sorry gotta disagree
HDN AS HC = No MM

I'm not sure I get the point of your rephrasement...(is that really a word?) Are you thinking MM, was waiting to see if Nutter would get the chop?

HogFan1973

This wold be great, but I doubt he comes to the Hill with Nutt.

momahog

WHY IN THE HADES DO YOU THINK THIS GUY WOULD WANT TO COME TO THIS darn CIRCUS UP ON THE HILL. HE'S A PASSER ISN'T HE?

Duke of Buckingham

builder1

It is has been reported on rivals that he is looking to transfer and yes Arkansas is a option for him.
His highlight films look good,,,,,,,

Torqued pork

April 14, 2007, 09:05:54 am #171 Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 09:13:33 am by Bubbaswinestein
Quote from: builder1 on April 14, 2007, 08:35:53 am
It is has been reported on rivals that he is looking to transfer and yes Arkansas is a option for him.
Don't get me wrong, I would very much like to see Mallett attend Arkansas, but I would think hard before leaving Michigan. The Wolverines have a pretty good history of putting qb's in the NFL.

PigWig

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 14, 2007, 09:05:54 am
Don't get me wrong, I would very much like to see Mallett attend Arkansas, but I would think hard before leaving Michigan. The Wolverines have a pretty good history of putting qb's in the NFL.
Agreed, but he would sit out one year and then be able to compete for a much less competetive spot IMO.

Pig In The City

Quote from: jaredkr on April 13, 2007, 01:09:32 pm
If this is true, we have a chance of landing the best qb in the country!

You had one of the best QB's in the country and the program chased him off because he had name recognition and visibility over the team and the coach.  Arkansas isn't ready for top players.  They don't know how to handle them.  Don't expect another top notch QB until Nutt is gone.  Nutt doesn't want to recruit good QBs.  He is the QB remember!

SpareRib

Quote from: HogFanDallas on April 14, 2007, 10:28:38 am

You had one of the best QB's in the country and the program chased him off because he had name recognition and visibility over the team and the coach.  Arkansas isn't ready for top players.  They don't know how to handle them.  Don't expect another top notch QB until Nutt is gone.  Nutt doesn't want to recruit good QBs.  He is the QB remember!

Truth
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

builder1

Quote from: PigWig on April 14, 2007, 10:26:28 am
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 14, 2007, 09:05:54 am
Agreed, but he would sit out one year and then be able to compete for a much less competetive spot IMO.

I agree with both of you. The other schools are OU, and Texas ( I think). In reality I dont think that he will choose AR. due to the lack of history of producing a NFL qb.

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: ceegar on April 14, 2007, 01:03:26 pm
And OKla has a history.

producing hiesman qb's that can't get drafted....or signed to a regular season squad as a FA....or even make it to camp.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: HogFanDallas on April 14, 2007, 10:28:38 am

Arkansas isn't ready for top players.  They don't know how to handle them.  

Yeah good point...except for the part where it was the stupidest post ever.

We're not ready for top players? Hello! Heisman runner up! Ring any bells? You know there was a program before last year, and there will be one after.

jabohog

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 02:19:27 pm
antro....i understand you man! but......exactly my point....a full back your leading reciever! maybe the guy you had before malzahn could coach receivers also. i mean you guys didn't even have a WR reach 300 yds outside of Monk last year....thats terrible, you guys need a WR coach that can coach your Receivers better fundamentals and is PROVEN!!!!!! you guys are set at OL & RB (just putting it in here)...THAt'S OBVIOUS. Just coach them receivers well and you guys could be special!!!!!!!!!
You know nothing about our team. It isn't as much coaching as philosophy. We have 9 years of no passing game to prove it. Also, our special teams are the other thing that this staff cannot get corrected. We haven't had a field goal kicker since 98. Passing game and special teams are the reason we had a good 10 win season last year instead of an outstanding season.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jaredkr

I started this thread.....i think it should go back to the main board!
I am Ray Finkel