Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Next Great Razorback? RB? QB? FB?

Started by BAMF*tuba*MAC, January 12, 2008, 05:01:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMF*tuba*MAC

I was just wondering who the next great Hog is going to be.......
I dont know if Michael Smith will excel like Darren and Felix did under Petrino.
Who is the the next great player? Is he on campus yet? 
:razorback:
........TUCK FEXAS........

shshark00

BAMF*tuba*MAC

PorcineSublime

Assuming that D. Curtis doesn't change his mind, he has the potential to be All-SEC. Not saying he will be, but the potential is there.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

colbs

Qb- ryan mallett
Rb- D. curtis
Wr- London crawford
Fb- DJ williams

BAMF*tuba*MAC

Quote from: colbs on January 12, 2008, 05:05:08 pm
Qb- ryan mallett
Rb- D. curtis
Wr- London crawford
Fb- DJ williams

Who is this Ryan Mallet?    I have not been keeping up with recruiting?    Is he better then little Dick?   
Would somebody educate me?

shshark00

QB- if he comes, Mallett, if not, Tyler Wilson
RB- Curtis
WR- Cruz Williams

And I still believe on defense, Chip Gregory and Ryan Powers will be studs

kimjongsqUeAl

Hopefully the next GREAT Hog will be R Mallett or J Adams.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

colbs

He is transferring from michigan to arkansas probably.  He was a freshman this yr and was a 5 star coming out of high school.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: colbs on January 12, 2008, 05:05:08 pm
Qb- ryan mallett
Rb- D. curtis
Wr- London crawford
Fb- DJ williams

I personal believe Crosby Tuck is a better WR than Crawford.

Beaverfever

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 12, 2008, 05:11:56 pm
I personal believe Crosby Tuck is a better WR than Crawford.
He's shown more so far.  Anyone know how his recovery has gone?

colbs

I think tuck is going to be great too, but crawford has all of the pieces to break some records here.

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

taintlint

If we want to win a NC, the SEC, the SEC West, or even break even in SEC play (97-120-5) we need All American LB's, a life threatening D-Line, and corners that do not have to wear welding helmets.

This is the SEC. I don't care how many Mallett's, McFadden's, or Monk's we have. Meyer, Fulmer, Spurrier, Miles, Saban, Tuberville, and Nutt (Yes, even Nutt) will fully welcome a challenge to get into a 70 point shootout. They will take that challenge and meet or exceed it 9 out of 10 times.

Until our focus becomes solid defense we will remain a 6 to 10 win team with 7 or 8 wins being the norm. Our D is a joke, has been for some time, and will continue to be our Achilles Heel until it is filled with, at a bare minimum, SEC caliber talent.

So, here is my vote that the next great Hog is on the D side.

shshark00

Quote from: taintlint on January 12, 2008, 05:28:45 pm
If we want to win a NC, the SEC, the SEC West, or even break even in SEC play (97-120-5) we need All American LB's, a life threatening D-Line, and corners that do not have to wear welding helmets.

This is the SEC. I don't care how many Mallett's, McFadden's, or Monk's we have. Meyer, Fulmer, Spurrier, Miles, Saban, Tuberville, and Nutt (Yes, even Nutt) will fully welcome a challenge to get into a 70 point shootout. They will take that challenge and meet or exceed it 9 out of 10 times.

Until our focus becomes solid defense we will remain a 6 to 10 win team with 7 or 8 wins being the norm. Our D is a joke, has been for some time, and will continue to be our Achilles Heel until it is filled with, at a bare minimum, SEC caliber talent.

So, here is my vote that the next great Hog is on the D side.

Dude, you put the words "Nutt" and "shootout" in the same sentence. Seriously?

rosser33

taintlint

Quote from: shshark00 on January 12, 2008, 05:31:20 pm
Dude, you put the words "Nutt" and "shootout" in the same sentence. Seriously?

He was last on my list but, yes, Nutt could and did score. His problem has always been D. We scored a hell of a lot of points in his tenure. When we lost, it was because the D couldn't stop last second drives. Exceptions being USC and a hand full of others.

I HATE Nutt so don't call me a hugger. I'm just pointing out that Nutt's boring 1 dimensional offense often scored 40, 50, or 60 points.

Point being, the SEC as a whole can keep up with Petrino on the scoreboard. It will be up to the D and "Great" Razorbacks to step up and stop opposing offenses.

taintlint

Quote from: rosser33 on January 12, 2008, 05:34:26 pm
100 dollars says mallet goes to tenn

I have never heard of Mallet. Who is he?

Do you have any money on Mallett?

Troll.

Red Dog

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 12, 2008, 05:22:33 pm
+1 for the avatar - great breasts point as well.

Your avatar looks like Sammy Farhar.

jrw11475

Quote from: BAMF*tuba*MAC on January 12, 2008, 05:09:21 pm

Who is this Ryan Mallet?    I have not been keeping up with recruiting?    Is he better then little Dick?  

Where have you been?

Razorbackmedic

The next great player is my 5 year old nephew.

pigs rule

I still think Nathan dick can be a 'player' in the QB race. Although I hope Mallett is the MAN!
GHG!

Ray Piggers

Yeah, Crosby Tuck will be a good receiver!

Mallet grew up in Lincoln, Arkansas which is about 20 minutes south west of fayetteville. His dad was the head coach until he was caught stealing gas from the school. I think they moved when Mallet was 13 or so. He'd be here already if it wasn't for Mitch Mustain. I think he'd be great in Petrino's system.

DeAnthony Curtis could be brilliant. If Felix stays, Curtis would be an amazing addition to the WildHog formation!
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

want2be

Quote from: lower_arkansas on January 12, 2008, 05:07:56 pm
just for kicks, B. Barnett

Jarius Wright may be the reciever who can get the separation and pick up yards after the catch (Steve Smith type)

Curtis can run and catch and has the size to be a superstar.

I hope one the tight ends, Cleveland or Williams emerges as a star.

arkjay19

Crawford has tons of potential.  He made some outstanding plays playing behind Monk in 2006.  Crawford has NFL potential, maybe Petrino can help move that progression along.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I still think coaches can be great hogs... So my vote is... BP!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Junkyard Hog

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

navyhog24

who here thinks alex will make a good coach way down the road in the future? i've heard he's really smart and knows the game really well. does anyone know if he's interested in getting in the coaching business like becoming a grad assistant one day?

Mikey

In BP's system, it'll most likely be a quarterback.  I'm hoping it's RM.

tophawg19

yes navy that is mort's plan. he want's to coach. mallett cannot play next year . wilson needs to red shirt and gain more size and strength to survive in the sec. that boy needs a bunch of burgers . he can weigh 170 and in the sec he will get manhandled. burnett could be a superstar as could curtis . smith is going to shock some folks. barry sanders style.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Red Dog on January 12, 2008, 05:40:32 pm
Your avatar looks like Sammy Farhar.

Is he related to Sammy Farha, the poker player?

If Mallet comes, he's my vote.  Otherwise, I've gotta go D. Curtis.

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Snuffy

I say one of the kids from Warren. A
reciever really hasn't had the chance to shine at Ark till now.
Hit That Line, Hit That Line!

dchoss

cruz williams, nathan dick and shuler out of florida.
if you don't stand behind our troops by all means 'feel free' to stand in front of them

Porkyswine

Quote from: dchoss on January 12, 2008, 08:24:59 pm
cruz williams, nathan dick and shuler out of florida.
Shuler is going to a community college in Miss.  He will then play for Nutt at Ole Piss.  Will not have the grades.

jforte

The next great Razorback is currently 7 years old and living in my house.....

the 1 and only

Quote from: jforte on January 12, 2008, 08:43:30 pm
The next great Razorback is currently 7 years old and living in my house.....

No he is 15 and in my home
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

JLaws

Quote from: BAMF*tuba*MAC on January 12, 2008, 05:09:21 pm

Former Texas High School Class 4A player of the year from Texarkana. I only knew who he was prior to his Michigan days because he was one of five QBs on the cover of Dave Campbell's Magazine (Texas' equivalent to Hooten's) when I was working there.
"Fan is short for FANATIC! You people ARE INSANE!" - Colin Cowherd

"When you have the opportunity to be with the sexiest girl or the smartest football coach, you take it and worry about what happens if they leave when they leave." -writer's quote when UA hired Petrino

HogGod

Quote from: JLaws on January 12, 2008, 08:59:27 pm
Former Texas High School Class 4A player of the year from Texarkana. I only knew who he was prior to his Michigan days because he was one of five QBs on the cover of Dave Campbell's Magazine (Texas' equivalent to Hooten's) when I was working there.

No, that was Mallett, not Mallet.

JLaws

"Fan is short for FANATIC! You people ARE INSANE!" - Colin Cowherd

"When you have the opportunity to be with the sexiest girl or the smartest football coach, you take it and worry about what happens if they leave when they leave." -writer's quote when UA hired Petrino

TheHAWGfather

hawgfandude

Forget the T (as in Tenn) just get him on campus.

hogwild1

hit the road, hit the road, keep on goin, get your a$$ on down 49. give a cheer ra ra,never fear ra ra,arkansas will be just fine.

pigbreath

Quote from: DahawgsN07 on January 12, 2008, 06:10:05 pm

Mallet grew up in Lincoln, Arkansas which is about 20 minutes south west of fayetteville. His dad was the head coach until he was caught stealing gas from the school.

I remember that.
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." - Albert Einstein