Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Packers Sign New QB After Karma Hits Rogers

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, October 16, 2017, 07:04:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrandonAllenFan

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/10/999102-green-bay-packers-just-signed-new-qb-guess-not/

QuoteThe Green Bay Packers Just Signed a New QB and Guess Who It's Not

BY JULIO ROSAS
5:00PM ET

After Green Bay Packer quarterback Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone during Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings, the team announced it has signed quarterback Joe Callahan to the active roster from the practice squad.

This move leaves Colin Kaepernick, former quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, still a free agent:

Because he has yet to be signed to a team, Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the NFL, claiming it has colluded to keep him off team rosters, according to his attorney, Mark Geragos.

In a statement, according to Yahoo Sports, Geragos said this move was not just to protect Kaepernick, but all athletes:

If the NFL (as well as professional sports leagues) is to remain a meritocracy, then principled and peaceful political protest — which the owners themselves made great theater imitating weeks ago — should not be punished and athletes should not be denied employment based on partisan political provocation by the Executive Branch of our government. Such a precent [sic] threatens all patriotic Americans and harkens back to our darkest days as a nation. Protecting all athletes from such collusive conduct is what compelled Mr. Kaepernick to file his grievance.

Colin Kaepernick's goal has always been, and remains, to simply be treated fairly by the league he performed at the highest level for and to return to the football playing field.

The free agent has been controversial both on and off the field, starting with his national anthem protests last season. In combination with the Green Bay Packer's decision and the filed grievance against the NFL, many are saying Kaepernick's career is officially dead, Yahoo Sports reported.

ArkyFan2626

Sports Illustrated summed it up nicely in their article headline: "Packers Promote QB Joe Callahan After Aaron Rodgers Injury: Who is he?"

EastexHawg

Screw the Packers.  The way they tried to end Brett Favre's career was shameful.  When you decide you are finished with a guy, just let him go.  Play your new QB if you think he is a better option and let the old guy try to find another opportunity.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 25, 2017, 02:38:38 pm
Screw the Packers.  The way they tried to end Brett Favre's career was shameful.  When you decide you are finished with a guy, just let him go.  Play your new QB if you think he is a better option and let the old guy try to find another opportunity.

That was more on Brett favre changing his mind and holding the team hostage every off season. Guy would never make up his mind. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dr. Starcs

Their cheesehead fans suck too. 90% of them thought Rodgers sucked and didn't even want him.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 25, 2017, 04:36:17 pm
That was more on Brett favre changing his mind and holding the team hostage every off season. Guy would never make up his mind. 

I'm talking about at the end when they decided Rodgers was their man. They tried everything they could to keep him from signing with another team.  If you think your new guy is better, why act like chickens***s about letting the old guy go elsewhere.  If you're scared he will come back and kick your tails shouldn't you still be playing him yourself?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 25, 2017, 08:08:20 pm
I'm talking about at the end when they decided Rodgers was their man. They tried everything they could to keep him from signing with another team.  If you think your new guy is better, why act like chickens***s about letting the old guy go elsewhere.  If you're scared he will come back and kick your tails shouldn't you still be playing him yourself?

He was wanting to go to a team in the division.  That is stupid to allow that. He still had some left in him, but they were done with his BS of "oh I am retiring" oh wait no I am not". They wouldn't allow him to go to a division rival. They did let him go to the Jets though and he ended up with Minnesota anyway.  I lost a lot of respect for him when he pretty much made the packers a hostage because of his "retiring" issue for almost 4 years. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 26, 2017, 05:17:47 pm
He was wanting to go to a team in the division.  That is stupid to allow that. He still had some left in him, but they were done with his BS of "oh I am retiring" oh wait no I am not". They wouldn't allow him to go to a division rival. They did let him go to the Jets though and he ended up with Minnesota anyway.  I lost a lot of respect for him when he pretty much made the packers a hostage because of his "retiring" issue for almost 4 years. 

"They were done with him"...and yet they wouldn't release him so he could make his own deal elsewhere.  He played how many years for them, took them to a couple of Super Bowls and won one of them, and yet once they decide they don't need him anymore they try to sabotage him?

I guess I don't see things the way a lot of people do, because just like what Jerry Jones did with Romo as far as I am concerned that's just plain chickens**t.

McKdaddy

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 26, 2017, 05:17:47 pm
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 26, 2017, 10:16:03 pm
"They were done with him"...and yet they wouldn't release him so he could make his own deal elsewhere.  He played how many years for them, took them to a couple of Super Bowls and won one of them, and yet once they decide they don't need him anymore they try to sabotage him?

I guess I don't see things the way a lot of people do, because just like what Jerry Jones did with Romo as far as I am concerned that's just plain chickens**t.

He played them the last 3 or 4 years of his time there. So they did what was best for the team and that was not allow him to go to a division rivalry.  That's like saying hey it's cool that we give Alabama Ryan Mallett. No. You don't give players to other teams in the division.  They let him go to the jets eventually.  I look at what Packers did to Brett as justified for all the BS Brett put them through. 

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 26, 2017, 10:16:03 pm

Well, at least you are consistent.

Packers got a a third round draft pick for Favre and you would have preferred that they got nothing in return?

NFL is a business. In business, doing the "PC" thing isn't how you make profits. I get that a lot of NFL fans are hyper politically correct these days. Things like trying to stand up for perceived injustices against soldiers despite it being the soldiers who encouraged those "injustices" in the first place.

Yes, it would be politically correct to let him go and get nothing in return, but it's a much better business deal to get something back. The Niners didn't let Montana go wherever he wanted. They held on to him until somebody was willing to give them something in return. Packers held onto Favre until somebody gave them something in return. Cowboys held onto Romo hoping for something in return.

That's is business 101. It's some some conspiracy of being afraid of them doing well after they've left your organization.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RebelliousHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 25, 2017, 02:38:38 pm

Favre quit. Then after the Packers said Rodgers was the man, Brett unquit and expected Green Bay to just say "Why Brett, of course you can be the starter again."   

Brett brought that on himself.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

EastexHawg

Quote from: HenduHog on October 28, 2017, 09:10:20 pm
Favre quit. Then after the Packers said Rodgers was the man, Brett unquit and expected Green Bay to just say "Why Brett, of course you can be the starter again."   

Brett brought that on himself.

That's fine.  They decided to move on.  So move on, don't tell him his only option is to sit the bench while you play someone else or retire.  If you think Rodgers...or Prescott...is better and you have no intention of giving the other, older guy with only so many years left to play a chance, cut him and let him try to catch on with someone else.  What I'm hearing instead is "no, the NFL is a business so the owner should try to screw anyone and everyone over if he has a chance!  Go team!"

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 31, 2017, 02:48:48 pm
That's fine.  They decided to move on.  So move on, don't tell him his only option is to sit the bench while you play someone else or retire.  If you think Rodgers...or Prescott...is better and you have no intention of giving the other, older guy with only so many years left to play a chance, cut him and let him try to catch on with someone else.  What I'm hearing instead is "no, the NFL is a business so the owner should try to screw anyone and everyone over if he has a chance!  Go team!"

Since when do you care about worker's rights? 999/1000 you'll side with the business owner screwing everybody else over. It's really strange to me that suddenly for these two players (Romo and Favre) you suddenly switch into Comrade Eastexbloc mode.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse