Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The worst part

Started by Sho Nuff, January 17, 2018, 07:03:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho Nuff

The worst part of this game is that we all knew it was going to happen.  We are so stinking predictable.  As fans, we will try to convince ourselves that we have a shot, but deep down we know better.  We all (with the exception of FCJ) knew that Florida, even with a depleted roster, would complete lately throttle us because the game isn't being played inside Bud Walton Arena.  Also, we knew that Allen would go crazy against our D. 

tkclark

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 17, 2018, 07:03:14 pm
The worst part of this game is that we all knew it was going to happen.  We are so stinking predictable.  As fans, we will try to convince ourselves that we have a shot, but deep down we know better.  We all (with the exception of FCJ) knew that Florida, even with a depleted roster, would complete lately throttle us because the game isn't being played inside Bud Walton Arena.  Also, we knew that Allen would go crazy against our D. 

This is spot on.  Anyone who has watched his teams at Arkansas would have to be an utter moron not to see this coming.  It is what they do.  They win at around a 33% clip on the road.  This awful defense is what they do.  Nothing tonight is surprising.

Razorbacks#1

If any Hog fan counted this game as a win, please point them out.

I always hold out hope, and will never give up on the Hogs during a game regardless of where they are playing, especially when we have another half to play.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Boardon Hamsay

Totally disagree. Most fans that aren't drooling into a cup and communicating via dolphin squeaks could not convince themselves that we had a shot to win this game. Haven't won there since the previous century and anyone paying attention knows there's a chemistry/attitude/maturity issue on this team.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PrimHawg

They have fallen apart. Early in season they were sharing the basketball and had energy. Now they look totally out of sync

oldbooniehog

Anyone who has paid any attention at all to Arkansas basketball since about 1997 knew what was coming tonight.

Athog

Simply put out coached and out played AGAIN!!

rtr

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 17, 2018, 07:10:25 pm
Totally disagree. Most fans that aren't drooling into a cup and communicating via dolphin squeaks could not convince themselves that we had a shot to win this game. Haven't won there since the previous century and anyone paying attention knows there's a chemistry/attitude/maturity issue on this team.
That tells us how awful weve been.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

The_Iceman

Right on. Mediocre Mike is getting passed by right now by the SEC coaches.

golfinpig

Ball hog Macon has become a turnover waiting to happen. But regarding your post, yes, I knew this game would get ugly.

WoePigSooie

but. This is a Great loss.  man MA knows what's going on this.Hog teAmis great.  so sayeth FCJ, so it must be true.  Anderson needs to go. Get A real coach, not a reminder.

Cmheinley

I doubt the result would have been any different inside of Bud Walton Arena to be honest. We haven't proven anything in SEC play.

InHOGuration Ball

for me is that is appeared that the players just gave up at the end of this game.  Not a good sign.   Seems they have lost confidence in being able to win or even compete.   

Hog Pharm

It's not because it was a road game. We would have lost at home tonight. We're just not good.

jm

We have 2 guards, a center, and a bunch of "role" guys that can't really be counted on to produce anything. Right now we are a horrible team with no on defense, no rebounders,  and 3 offensive players.

WMHawgfan

We have a terrible trend of playing horrible first halves and competing in the second half. Too bad we aren't competing to win. We are just trying not to get embarrassed

010HogFan

For me, the worst part is that, despite the oh-so-obvious flaws that have been exposed all season long, nothing will change. If anything, the flaws have become the new normal. No coaching up. No adjustments. Just roll the ball out and play it like a pickup game at the Y...that's what we do. and on an even deeper level, nothing will change because we are stuck with Mike for at least another year because of the football fiasco and the new AD. Sad times, but by now we are quite used to those, no?

Justifiable Hogicide

The "worst part"?
That he can't be replaced because of his connection to Nolan Richardson and the memories of the absolute hell Nolan rained down on the UA when he was relieved of his position.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 17, 2018, 08:26:11 pm
The "worst part"?
That he can't be replaced because of his connection to Nolan Richardson and the memories of the absolute hell Nolan rained down on the UA when he was relieved of his position.
Yeah, I hate that we have to consider "political ramifications" in deciding what is best for our program.

cityhog

yep. Predictable to the point that I didn't even bother to watch because I knew exactly these 2 things. Especially the KAllen story line. I mean it is like a crappy song that plays over and over again on the radio.