Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dusty Hannahs 3-pointers world record

Started by Franchise_Hog, October 29, 2015, 03:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Franchise_Hog

Some of you may not actually see him make a shot if your eye catches the girl interviewing him first....

Ham Sandwich

I just have a feeling this team is going to be a little better than some are expecting. I like what Dusty said at the end.

HSVhogfan2

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

King Kong

TomBigBeeHog

World record?  Beyond awesome!!! Dusty and Athlon should light it up from downtown this year.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on October 29, 2015, 08:15:39 pm
World record?  Beyond awesome!!! Dusty and Athlon should light it up from downtown this year.

He's got as good a stroke as I've every seen. Has to be able to get that off with a 6'6" guy chasing him off his spots though.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on October 29, 2015, 08:20:58 pm
He's got as good a stroke as I've every seen. Has to be able to get that off with a 6'6" guy chasing him off his spots though.
Come on Debbie. 

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 29, 2015, 08:24:05 pm
Come on Debbie.

Nobody rooting for the kid more than me. Just seen a lot of these "shooters" come around lately who can be shutdown by a cardboard cut out.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on October 29, 2015, 08:48:54 pm
Nobody rooting for the kid more than me. Just seen a lot of these "shooters" come around lately who can be shutdown by a cardboard cut out.
Not the time or thread is my point.

poloprince

Dusty shooting that peel I see. #wehogs  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

-Blu

That was awesome.  Got me ready to see him in action this season!

On a side note was anyone else laughing at how hard he was breathing.  Why did they put the mic on him while he was shooting, that was so wrong lol.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on October 29, 2015, 05:36:27 pm
Was anyone guarding him?

The same guy who guarded the previous record holder......

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: -Blu on October 29, 2015, 09:03:53 pm

On a side note was anyone else laughing at how hard he was breathing.  Why did they put the mic on him while he was shooting, that was so wrong lol.

Yeah, I was thinking he must have just finished running a few full speed laps. Lol.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PonderinHog

Glad to see that practice facility being put to good use.  What do you figure the NBA 3 vs. the CBB 3 handicap should be?

Anyway, he has a helluva a touch.  This could get interesting.   :razorback:

FreshHog

I did notice him do an exhale with every shot, but hey man, atleast hes consistent with his form/breathe when shooting :P

The_Iceman

He can frickin' grunt like Serena Williams for all I care as long as he is making 3's like that.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on October 29, 2015, 08:48:54 pm

Don't know if you've heard or not, but he played 2 seasons in the Big 12 and has knocked down 4 or more 3s in a game 5 times (including a 7-for-7 performance vs. WVU). Knocked down 87 3s in 2 seasons at Texas Tech (compare that to 83 through 2 season for Anthlon Bell). I think he knows how to shoot against a high-major defense.

Hawg Red

It was very odd that they had him mic'd up but I liked it. I don't think enough people appreciate how tough what he did was just from a conditioning standpoint, let alone a skill standpoint. 60 straight seconds of putting up jumpers is brutal. At least it is for me. I often like to get a workout in by seeing how fast I can make 100 3s -- let's just say Dusty doesn't have to worry about me coming for his record.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 30, 2015, 08:31:08 am
let's just say Dusty doesn't have to worry about me coming for his record.

Me either

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 30, 2015, 08:31:08 am
It was very odd that they had him mic'd up but I liked it. I don't think enough people appreciate how tough what he did was just from a conditioning standpoint, let alone a skill standpoint. 60 straight seconds of putting up jumpers is brutal. At least it is for me. I often like to get a workout in by seeing how fast I can make 100 3s -- let's just say Dusty doesn't have to worry about me coming for his record.

Oh no doubt that is tiring, everybody would breath hard putting up that many shots, I wasn't trying to knock Dusty at all.  I'm sure most of us make some funny breathing noises when we get tired. Just surprised they didn't edit out him breathing that hard during his shots. They usually edit that extra noise out.  Not usually "good tv" capturing someone's breathing pattern, especially during workouts.  But, anyways, that just gave me a little laugh, don't want to change the thread into how he breathes.  Great shooter looking forward to seeing him play this year!

jackflash

When he in the game don't think you will see a lot of zone defense

hoglady

Quote from: jackflash on October 30, 2015, 09:04:36 am
When he in the game don't think you will see a lot of zone defense

Yep - zone buster for sure.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on October 30, 2015, 08:53:58 am
Oh no doubt that is tiring, everybody would breath hard putting up that many shots, I wasn't trying to knock Dusty at all.  I'm sure most of us make some funny breathing noises when we get tired. Just surprised they didn't edit out him breathing that hard during his shots. They usually edit that extra noise out.  Not usually "good tv" capturing someone's breathing pattern, especially during workouts.  But, anyways, that just gave me a little laugh, don't want to change the thread into how he breathes.  Great shooter looking forward to seeing him play this year!

Oh, I know you weren't. That was just the main thing I was thinking about when I watched it, how tiring it must have been.

LordStanleysHog

he's even built like Pat... if memory serves he seemed to get his shot off just fine.

swinesation

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on October 29, 2015, 03:30:51 pm
Some of you may not actually see him make a shot if your eye catches the girl interviewing him first....

^^^  Um, him who?

TexomaRazorback

You can shoot a lot of shots in 1 minute unguarded so i'm thinking he only hit about 35% of his shots?

PonderinHog

Quote from: TexomaRazorback on November 03, 2015, 08:00:44 pm
You can shoot a lot of shots in 1 minute unguarded so i'm thinking he only hit about 35% of his shots?
Did you even watch the video?

Big Nasty 34

More like 85%

lefty08

35% wouldn't get you a world record, unless you believe it's been attempted by 3 people or less
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: lefty08 on November 04, 2015, 07:29:22 am
35% wouldn't get you a world record, unless you believe it's been attempted by 3 people or less

He would've had to have shot 77 3s in 60 seconds at a 35% clip. Steph curry would be wowed by that rate lol

lefty08

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 04, 2015, 07:35:51 am
He would've had to have shot 77 3s in 60 seconds at a 35% clip. Steph curry would be wowed by that rate lol

Yep, the guy didn't watch the video and said something stupid. Happens all the time here haha
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HOGINTENNESSEE

Lol, you are completely clueless

HogFoo

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on October 29, 2015, 03:30:51 pm
Yes, I am sure it was some big time pressure to hit that many shots and break a WR with the hottie standing right there.   That should tell us all we need to know about how well this kid will operate during game time and on last second shots! haha...

Leah Blefko is definitely a super hot lady.  I first remember seeing her in a recruits youtube video after his visit a few years ago, she was like one of the hostesses on campus, not even sure if he became a razorback or not.  I remember seeing another when Frank Ragnow was visiting and it definitely worked there. Haha,  maybe, Mike Anderson ought to call her up and ask her to host Malik Monk on an unofficial next visit.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............