Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Men to hold second Open Practice Sat. 10-31 before the UT Martin FB Gam

Started by kevinagee, October 29, 2015, 08:53:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cmiller01

Lets not forget that John Pelphrey was responsible for signing Madden and BJ Young.

I commend Anderson for developing those guys but the point I was trying to make is that he's never been very good at recruiting.

jjdlc

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 01, 2015, 09:50:26 pm
You've got a pretty liberal interpretation of what a high impact player is.

He played pretty well for us, and has done well enough since to make an NBA roster, at least for the pre season. 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jjdlc on November 01, 2015, 10:13:23 pm
He played pretty well for us, and has done well enough since to make an NBA roster, at least for the pre season.

Yeah, he was a good, dependable role player. He won SEC Player of the Week once.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

Madden is playing in Poland and Harris is playing in Japan. Coty Clarke played in Israel last year and was among the first cuts out of Celtics training camp this season. No word yet on where he'll go or if the Celtics elected to claim his D-League rights (to my knowledge).

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 01, 2015, 07:12:20 am
How is Jenkins athletically though?
Serviceable athlete.
Left-handed Scotty Thurman.
Not that he will be as good as Scotty, or clutch, but has the same athleticism and smooth, high-arc shot.
Based on what I saw, I would now be surprised if he isn't worked into the minutes sooner rather than later. Someone who can knock down a shot will be a commodity on this team.
I love Manny Watkins, the guy is all over the floor. Too bad he's not much of a scorer.

Ironhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 01, 2015, 05:47:28 am
Sorry. I was there looking for positives. But I just got to see more and more why this coaching staff has failed this program this offseason. Gonna be a terrible year folks.

Just giving you a hard time.  Appreciate you taking the time to post.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 01, 2015, 08:57:46 pm
We need to get on his younger brother, Country Clarke. He is a bit unrefined but he has a lot of upside, from what I hear.
He's so country, when he farts you can smell the corn.  Pass...