Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is # 12 for the Basketball team.

Started by UNCLE BACK, October 26, 2015, 12:44:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

Looked to be about 6'6 and looked pretty dang good actually. Athletic and long and shot the ball well with good handles.

HoopS

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

HoopS

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on October 26, 2015, 12:58:01 pm
So, who is number 12?
there isn't one listed. I listed the one that seems most likely given the size and number. Another option is Jenkins who is listed as #15 and is 6'7" but given he didn't mention the player as being a lefty, I assumed he must have been seeing Thomas with a different # for practice. Keaton Miles is also in that size range and wears #55.

NLRHog92

Could be DaShaun Stark. New walk-on from Drury, not listed on website yet. Started a thread about him not too long ago http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=597897.0

The_Iceman

Quote from: NLRHog92 on October 26, 2015, 03:07:27 pm
Could be DaShaun Stark. New walk-on from Drury, not listed on website yet. Started a thread about him not too long ago http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=597897.0

I think I remember watching that kid play in the state tournament in Fayetteville a few years back.

HoopS

-Blu

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 26, 2015, 12:44:30 pm
Looked to be about 6'6 and looked pretty dang good actually. Athletic and long and shot the ball well with good handles.

It's Dashuan Stark. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 03:45:07 pm
It's Dashuan Stark. 

Any chance to see the court this year? He does play a position of need (SF).

770john111

Didn't Dustin Thomas get busted with jw and ab

HoopS

Quote from: 770john111 on October 26, 2015, 07:11:13 pm
Didn't Dustin Thomas get busted with jw and ab
yes. Not even sure he's practicing yet.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 26, 2015, 03:48:05 pm
Any chance to see the court this year? He does play a position of need (SF).

No idea, he could hold his own though, he lead a couple fast breaks and played some solid defense.  He's a decent athlete as well. But, I remember watching Davion Spivey a few years ago at practice and he held his own as well, and he never played.  It's hard to tell with walk-ons.  Just depends on if they are ready if their number is ever called.  I would have never thought Kikko or Manny would have seen the court, but obviously they had big impacts.

I will say if I had to make a guess, if Beard doesn't make it back, CMA probably only plays a 9 man rotation.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 07:18:50 pm
No idea, he could hold his own though, he lead a couple fast breaks and played some solid defense.  He's a decent athlete as well. But, I remember watching Davion Spivey a few years ago at practice and he held his own as well, and he never played.  It's hard to tell with walk-ons.  Just depends on if they are ready if their number is ever called.  I would have never thought Kikko or Manny would have seen the court, but obviously they had big impacts.

I will say if I had to make a guess, if Beard doesn't make it back, CMA probably only plays a 9 man rotation.
I agree and it is also tough to tell just by watching practices. I remember watching Brandon Davis practice back in the late 90's and thought man....if this guy could ever translate that kind of ability to game day then he is a difference maker. Never really did though.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 26, 2015, 03:23:29 pm
I think I remember watching that kid play in the state tournament in Fayetteville a few years back.
How's his shooting form?

yraciv

Quote from: azhog10 on October 26, 2015, 11:29:31 pm
How's his shooting form?

I like Dashaun! He is a long, athletic player, who definitely is going to make a good practice body.  I doubt he ever has much of an impact on the court though because I don't think he is much of an offensive threat.  He averaged 3 pts, 3 reb, and about 2 ast per game last season in 18 minutes of play at a good D2 school as a SO. Shot 40% from the field and 34% from 3.  Of course, I'm not positive, but I'm under the impression he has to sit out this year due to D2 to D1 transfer.

lefty08

Quote from: yraciv on October 27, 2015, 09:05:12 pm
I like Dashaun! He is a long, athletic player, who definitely is going to make a good practice body.  I doubt he ever has much of an impact on the court though because I don't think he is much of an offensive threat.  He averaged 3 pts, 3 reb, and about 2 ast per game last season in 18 minutes of play at a good D2 school as a SO. Shot 40% from the field and 34% from 3.  Of course, I'm not positive, but I'm under the impression he has to sit out this year due to D2 to D1 transfer.

The way I understand it, there is no penalty for moving up, only moving down
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PonderinHog

Quote from: lefty08 on October 28, 2015, 05:28:24 am
I thought they only had to sit out in lateral moves in D1.  Heck if I know.

010HogFan

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 28, 2015, 08:17:42 am
I thought they only had to sit out in lateral moves in D1.  Heck if I know.

That is correct. I think.

azhog10

You absolutely don't have to sit out when going from D1 to D2. I thought you had to sit out if you went from D2 to D1, but it seems as though as someone mentioned that only lateral moves require one to sit out.

yraciv

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/09/michigan_officially_announces_2.html

This is the example that came off the top of my head.  I'm pretty sure you have to sit out no matter what if you go up a level.   It's why you rarely here of D2 All Americans transferring to D1 schools.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: lefty08 on October 28, 2015, 05:28:24 am
isn't it the other way?
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

jjdlc

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

QuoteExceptions
Exception: If you meet a legislated exception, it means a specific regulation will not apply to you. The school to which you are transferring determines whether you are eligible and has the authority to apply exceptions.

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men's ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.

You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.

You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.

Waiver: An action that sets aside an NCAA rule because a specific, extraordinary circumstance prevents you from meeting the rule. An NCAA school may file a waiver on your behalf; you cannot file a waiver for yourself. The school does not administer the waiver, the conference office or NCAA does.

As I interpret that, you can transfer from D2 to D1 without sitting, as long as you were not recruited by your D2 school coming out of HS, and you didn't receive an athletic scholarship from your D2 school.

Porked Tongue

The Hogs are not expecting him to be eligible but the possibility still exists.

NLRHog92

Quote from: jjdlc on October 28, 2015, 07:39:21 pm
http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

As I interpret that, you can transfer from D2 to D1 without sitting, as long as you were not recruited by your D2 school coming out of HS, and you didn't receive an athletic scholarship from your D2 school.

How would you end up at a school that didn't recruit you? Or be good enough to jump up to D1 without a D2 scholly? Makes 0 sense.

yraciv

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 28, 2015, 08:25:29 pm
The Hogs are not expecting him to be eligible but the possibility still exists.

Yeah I just don't see any way.  I'm making an assumption here, but I'm guessing he had to have a D2 scholarship.  Drury has been recruiting Northwest Arkansas hard in recent years.

jjdlc

Quote from: NLRHog92 on October 28, 2015, 08:32:17 pm
How would you end up at a school that didn't recruit you? Or be good enough to jump up to D1 without a D2 scholly? Makes 0 sense.

It's the NCAAs rule...