Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red And White Game November 1

Started by chiefhawg, October 22, 2015, 03:01:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Quote from: hogsanity on November 02, 2015, 09:02:52 am
So the presumptive starting PG, Durham only tallied 7 pts and 9 assists. Whitt showed why he was such a highly rated recruit, pretty solid showing in his 1st game type setting. The other signees barely, in total, outscored Kikko.

But of course all is well............................

What are you talking about, the only scholarship player that didn't outscore kikko was Jenkins and he got elbowed in the eye so they didn't play him much after that as a precaution.  The majority of players scored in double figures and they only played 16 minute halves.  Considering you were worried they wouldn't score over 60 PPG, you should be thrilled to see so many guys can actually put the ball in the basket.

Here's the official boxscore, take a look at that.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/mbb/2015-16/Red-White.pdf

HoopS

So the presumptive starting PG, Durham only tallied 7 pts and 9 assists. Whitt showed why he was such a highly rated recruit, pretty solid showing in his 1st game type setting. The other signees barely, in total, outscored Kikko.

Kikko scored 2. Jenkins caught an elbow in the face so he didn't play much. He can stroke it though.

About Durham -- with 9 assists, what's to complain about? He's running PG and is pass-first. Sounds ideal to me. How many turnovers did he have? I doubt many. That's his job. He did it pretty well last night.

Kouassi scored 5. His role is defense on the blocks. He knows his role. Did it. No complaints.

Really hard to find issues from the game last night to post negatively about.

Let's see what we look like now against another team.

hogsanity

Quote from: -Blu on November 02, 2015, 09:11:34 am
What are you talking about, the only scholarship player that didn't outscore kikko was Jenkins and he got elbowed in the eye so they didn't play him much after that as a precaution.  The majority of players scored in double figures and they only played 16 minute halves.  Considering you were worried they wouldn't score over 60 PPG, you should be thrilled to see so many guys can actually put the ball in the basket.

Here's the official boxscore, take a look at that.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/mbb/2015-16/Red-White.pdf

Quote from: HoopS on November 02, 2015, 09:14:05 am
Kikko scored 2. Jenkins caught an elbow in the face so he didn't play much. He can stroke it though.

About Durham -- with 9 assists, what's to complain about? He's running PG and is pass-first. Sounds ideal to me. How many turnovers did he have? I doubt many. That's his job. He did it pretty well last night.

Kouassi scored 5. His role is defense on the blocks. He knows his role. Did it. No complaints.

Really hard to find issues from the game last night to post negatively about.

Let's see what we look like now against another team.

The fact that Kikko had to play at all should be disturbing, and that was my point.

As for the scoring, are red/white games ( and this is true for any school ), known for defense? They are like the NBA all star game, lets just let people score.

Yes, lets see what they look like against other teams.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

I can understand that. But he was 1 of 14 I think it was to play. He essentially stood in for Beard in a very small way. Starks got more PT than I expected but supposedly didn't look too bad.

But I agree -- lets see what we look like against someone else. See how many we use in our rotation and see how he blends them. I am slightly more encouraged today than I was before last night. There were some good things to report.

-Blu

Quote from: hogsanity on November 02, 2015, 09:19:04 am
The fact that Kikko had to play at all should be disturbing, and that was my point.

As for the scoring, are red/white games ( and this is true for any school ), known for defense? They are like the NBA all star game, lets just let people score.

Dude if everything is so disturbing why do you keep talking about it?  I'll never understand people that literally complain about everything.  You realize your complaining about a red/white game right?  Kikko was there to make it 7v7 and to give guys breathers, who cares if he played in a red/white game it's a red/white game LOL.  I want you to sit and think for a minute.  YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT A RED & WHITE GAME.  That's disturbing to me.

wheelspigharvey

Maybe having a guy like Kikko out there during a scrimmage might give us some more skill to scrimmage against.  Maybe Kikko coming back on staff shows that Mike is building the program the right way.  Maybe he wouldn't have played that much had they sat Jenkins. 

-Blu

Quote from: Fairnbalanced on November 02, 2015, 07:46:35 am
Gotta love the support given to the hoops team on this board.  This place is turning into that old board you all were on at first.  Pigpen or something like that. Open season on here, but say one thing remotely negative about the football team and you're banned.

It's pretty fun how that works isn't it?  If you want a real laugh, look at this thread and go read the post history of some of the guys complaining the most, they will be the main guys on MMQB defending anything CBB does, but if CMA's sneezes the wrong way they will let you know about it.  It's really hypocritical and they don't even try to hide it.

It's like that on the radio as well, I hear people call to complain about CBB or Brandon Allen and they will tear into some callers, and call them every name that they are allowed to say over the air.  You want to call and talk bad about CMA or the basketball team, they will dang near give you a whole segment to bash into them.  I remember I use to feel bad for Ky Madden, people would call to bash him all the time and they would just let it go.  It's ironic because the same people that do stuff like that are the main one's the will complain if a in-state kid goes out of state, and they wonder why someone would want to leave the great state of Arkansas.

Biggus Piggus

Why are you doing this? Nobody is saying all is well. If you keep flaming Jump Ball I'm going to have you completely exterminated.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: -Blu on November 02, 2015, 09:26:16 am
Dude if everything is so disturbing why do you keep talking about it?  I'll never understand people that literally complain about everything.  You realize your complaining about a red/white game right?  Kikko was there to make it 7v7 and to give guys breathers, who cares if he played in a red/white game it's a red/white game LOL.  I want you to sit and think for a minute.  YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT A RED & WHITE GAME.  That's disturbing to me.

So, you are saying red white game does not matter?  I will buy that. But my finding things in it I did not like is not different than everyone who is talking about it like the performances are a sign the team is really pretty good, or that they matter at all.

But the FACT still remains, in year 5, they have to play a guy that has graduated, and some walkons, just to have enough to have two teams of 7, that should be disturbing to EVERYBODY.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

-Blu

Quote from: hogsanity on November 02, 2015, 09:41:30 am
So, you are saying red white game does not matter?  I will buy that. But my finding things in it I did not like is not different than everyone who is talking about it like the performances are a sign the team is really pretty good, or that they matter at all.

But the FACT still remains, in year 5, they have to play a guy that has graduated, and some walkons, just to have enough to have two teams of 7, that should be disturbing to EVERYBODY.

A Red and White game is suppose to be something that is fun for the fans, and get to see the players play for the first time, they could have put the whole coaching staff out there and it doesn't have any indications on how the season will go. 

And I'm sorry that fans that had fun and looked at the positive development of some of the players is disturbing to you, they clearly should have put their entire focus on why is Kikko playing like you did, that makes much more sense.

The Hogfather

I actually think the report from this game sounds fairly positive, based on what I had in my mind.  I still think we'll be very lucky to win 18 games, but it is what it is.  Qualls should probably still be here, as should Williams and Beard.  That would've given us a pretty decent group to compete with this season.

This is basically a throw away year.  If we can just get Monk (and a few other guys) to go with what we have committed right now for the next class, we can be very, very good for years to come (I know Monk will likely only come for a year).

010HogFan

I don't see why people are freaking out about Kikko playing. I know it could come across as us not having enough bodies, but I think it's mainly because he was always a fan favorite. it's a RED/WHITE game....you can do things like this in scrimmage games because they are just scrimmage games. People must be forgetting about the time John Pelphrey played.

Hawg Red

I remember Miles doing well in the Red/White game last year, but not real production ever materialized. It's been said he was hurt all year, so did that injury occur right after the exhibition games? Because he was fine for those, IIRC, but then he was glued to the bench once the real game started.

I'm hoping that really was what happened, but he was dressed out for every game and played when called on. I was happy that we got him as a transfer, but I think he'd contribute last year. Hurt or not, I guess minutes were tough to come by last season. I'm also hoping Doobie can get some real minutes this season at some point (maybe later on). I really like his game, but he doesn't seem like an Anderson-type "system" player. He's more of a half-court player to me. I think he's skilled. Good footwork, good with his back to the basket against smaller defenders, nice lefty stroke. Seems like a smart player to me and less of an athleticism-driven player that we usually see.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 02, 2015, 10:00:31 am
I remember Miles doing well in the Red/White game last year, but not real production ever materialized. It's been said he was hurt all year, so did that injury occur right after the exhibition games? Because he was fine for those, IIRC, but then he was glued to the bench once the real game started.

I'm hoping that really was what happened, but he was dressed out for every game and played when called on. I was happy that we got him as a transfer, but I think he'd contribute last year. Hurt or not, I guess minutes were tough to come by last season. I'm also hoping Doobie can get some real minutes this season at some point (maybe later on). I really like his game, but he doesn't seem like an Anderson-type "system" player. He's more of a half-court player to me. I think he's skilled. Good footwork, good with his back to the basket against smaller defenders, nice lefty stroke. Seems like a smart player to me and less of an athleticism-driven player that we usually see.

I don't remember anyone talking about Miles last year at the Red/White game.  He only put up 8 points 4 rebounds.  And he got hurt right before they did that benefit game in central Arkansas, because he didn't play there.  So, I'm guessing he got hurt at the practice before they went down there.  I watched him last year and this year, it was a very noticeable difference, now it's a red/white game so take that for what it's worth.

The_Iceman

So apparently Jenkins got hit in the face early in the game and told him to take it easy the rest of the game, that's why he wasn't aggressive.

Breems

We aren't making the NCAAT this year, so I'm fairly uninterested.

2016 is the year. If we aren't back on track by then, it's time for HawgAdvocate to go.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Biggus Piggus

Some years, Nolan had a player or two play half the game Red, the other half White to balance the rosters. He only had 13 players including walk-ons in a number of seasons. Sometimes had to work around injuries too.

So this "can't find 14 players" furor is just more Hogsanity drama once again.
[CENSORED]!

WorfHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 02, 2015, 10:16:46 am
Some years, Nolan had a player or two play half the game Red, the other half White to balance the rosters. He only had 13 players including walk-ons in a number of seasons. Sometimes had to work around injuries too.

So this "can't find 14 players" furor is just more Hogsanity drama once again.

I find Hogsanity's lack of faith...disturbing...

Danny J

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 01, 2015, 10:03:39 pm
We need all the help we can get. If he's one of our best recruiters though....
I know...speaks volumes about our assistants.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 02, 2015, 10:00:31 am

Miles did well his red-shirt year. He played in that scrimmage and I remember Mike saying that was his game so of course he played well.

jjdlc

It isn't really disturbing, because it wasn't even remotely a surprise.

Recruiting sucked this year... Everyone knows that.

Babb left, for whatever reason... Everyone knows that.

We had 3 players do stupid crap that cost us their services for the foreseeable future... everyone knows that.

We are short handed... see above.

Complaining about it in every thread will not change it, we cannot time travel and fix recruiting.

If you are a fan, first and foremost you should be rooting for this team to do well, no matter the circumstances.  Them doing poorly does absolutely no one any good. 

I'm ready to see them play someone, and see what we actually do have.

Atlhogfan1

Coach A made a comment after the game about really needing to work on defense.  These types of games aren't usually defensive focused so it is understandable the defense wouldn't be intense in it.  But I wonder if this is a carryover from practices. 

Haven't seen much discussion about the fan turnout or participation.  From the looks of it in the images and video, I guess it made it easier for some interaction for players and fans including before the game.  Is this going to be the plan going fwd as far as the preseason fan/bring in recruits event?  Or was this 5PM on a Sunday Red/White game just something this season with expectations lower? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogman99

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 09:52:57 am
I actually think the report from this game sounds fairly positive, based on what I had in my mind.  I still think we'll be very lucky to win 18 games, but it is what it is.  Qualls should probably still be here, as should Williams and Beard.  That would've given us a pretty decent group to compete with this season.

This is basically a throw away year.  If we can just get Monk (and a few other guys) to go with what we have committed right now for the next class, we can be very, very good for years to come (I know Monk will likely only come for a year).

I agree, this is a throw away year. I am just disappointed we are having a throw away year in year 5. That is the part some on here understand and question, while some make excuses and/or are fine it is happening. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogman99 on November 02, 2015, 11:52:53 am
I agree, this is a throw away year. I am just disappointed we are having a throw away year in year 5. That is the part some on here understand and question, while some make excuses and/or are fine it is happening. 

I'm not doing either.  It sucks, but there's some stuff you just can't plan for (Qualls leaving early for some reason, Babb deciding he wants to transfer to an imploding program right before he was about to be a prominent player for us, Williams/Beard/Thomas using counterfeit money, etc.).  Recruiting could've/should've been better, but even if we added another 1 or 2 good players, we'd likely be struggling this year.  We have a good start to the 16 class, I just hope we can finish strong with Monk and another 1 or 2 studs.

hogman99

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 11:56:36 am
I'm not doing either.  It sucks, but there's some stuff you just can't plan for (Qualls leaving early for some reason, Babb deciding he wants to transfer to an imploding program right before he was about to be a prominent player for us, Williams/Beard/Thomas using counterfeit money, etc.).  Recruiting could've/should've been better, but even if we added another 1 or 2 good players, we'd likely be struggling this year.  We have a good start to the 16 class, I just hope we can finish strong with Monk and another 1 or 2 studs.

I think it sucks too. However, Qualls leaving early should not have come as a surprise to the staff.  Babb left because CMA did not play him and when he did you could see the potential. The staff was not prepared for what happens every off season with players. Qualls and Babb are not ones that are a surprise as they should have kept recruiting as the numbers usually work themselves out. The Williams and Beard thing was a surprise (Thomas couldn't play this year), but not an excuse. 

You are right though in that we need Monk and couple other studs for the 16 class.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogman99 on November 02, 2015, 12:48:10 pm
I think it sucks too. However, Qualls leaving early should not have come as a surprise to the staff.  Babb left because CMA did not play him and when he did you could see the potential. The staff was not prepared for what happens every off season with players. Qualls and Babb are not ones that are a surprise as they should have kept recruiting as the numbers usually work themselves out. The Williams and Beard thing was a surprise (Thomas couldn't play this year), but not an excuse. 

You are right though in that we need Monk and couple other studs for the 16 class.

In my opinion, Qualls, Babb, Williams, and Beard were all surprises.  Sure, you can point to things in hindsight that make them "obvious".  I think they thought Qualls was staying and he should've.  I think Babb also made a pretty bad decision that probably caught the coaches off guard as well.  He played a limited role on the team last year because we had a pretty salty team.  Sure, I think he probably could've gotten more minutes, but he was set to get a ton this year.  Beard and Williams were bombshells.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 01:07:02 pm
In my opinion, Qualls, Babb, Williams, and Beard were all surprises.  Sure, you can point to things in hindsight that make them "obvious".  I think they thought Qualls was staying and he should've.  I think Babb also made a pretty bad decision that probably caught the coaches off guard as well.  He played a limited role on the team last year because we had a pretty salty team.  Sure, I think he probably could've gotten more minutes, but he was set to get a ton this year.  Beard and Williams were bombshells.

And if you weren't surprised by Beard and them, then you probably have some info the cops would love to hear.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 01:07:02 pm

Qualls had been rumored to have been thinking about going pro for over a year. Maybe the coaches did think he was going to end up coming back, but it shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone that he didn't stay.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 02, 2015, 01:14:10 pm
Qualls had been rumored to have been thinking about going pro for over a year. Maybe the coaches did he he was going to end up coming back, but it shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone that he didn't stay.

"rumored"

Look, like I said, it is easy to look at what happened and say, "it was easy to see".  I just don't think it was nearly as easy as some are making it seem. 

I think they thought they could show Qualls he shouldn't leave because of draft status, he should come back because he could improve that draft status, and be a leader/star on this  year's team. 

Qualls leaving wasn't as big of a surprise as Beard/Williams, but I think they thought they could get him to come back (and he should've, in my opinion).

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 02, 2015, 01:14:10 pm
Qualls had been rumored to have been thinking about going pro for over a year. Maybe the coaches did think he was going to end up coming back, but it shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone that he didn't stay.

Correct. They were familiar with his increasing responsibilities as a parent and recognized his increased effort last off-season to improve his game. Essentially, he needed to get paid far more than he needed another year of amateurism.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The Hogfather

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 02, 2015, 01:22:55 pm
Correct. They were familiar with his increasing responsibilities as a parent and recognized his increased effort last off-season to improve his game. Essentially, he needed to get paid far more than he needed another year of amateurism.

"Getting paid" a D League salary and having to pay for all expenses he wasn't paying in college?  Might've been prudent to stay, improve his game for one more year (like he did the previous offseason), and possibly get drafted in the 1st round.  We can debate that all day, though, because nobody knows what would've happened.

hogman99

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 01:22:18 pm
"rumored"

Look, like I said, it is easy to look at what happened and say, "it was easy to see".  I just don't think it was nearly as easy as some are making it seem. 

I think they thought they could show Qualls he shouldn't leave because of draft status, he should come back because he could improve that draft status, and be a leader/star on this  year's team. 

Qualls leaving wasn't as big of a surprise as Beard/Williams, but I think they thought they could get him to come back (and he should've, in my opinion).

They should have kept recruiting because this type of stuff happens all the time. The numbers always work out.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogman99 on November 02, 2015, 01:26:05 pm
They should have kept recruiting because this type of stuff happens all the time. The numbers always work out.

I bet they were still recruiting.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 01:22:18 pm
"rumored"

It no longer became a rumor when he declared for the NBA draft. That rumor was then validated. Shouldn't have been a surprise at all. I wasn't surprised in the least and I know many others here weren't. No hindsight whatsoever. It was said all along that he wanted to provide for his family, and what did he say when he announced he was going pro? "I want to provide for my family." Turns out it wasn't a rumor. It literally was easy to see. There's proof in post history.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 01:25:51 pm
"Getting paid" a D League salary and having to pay for all expenses he wasn't paying in college?  Might've been prudent to stay, improve his game for one more year (like he did the previous offseason), and possibly get drafted in the 1st round.  We can debate that all day, though, because nobody knows what would've happened.

Qualls was well on his way to getting drafted in the early to mid second round before his injury, and likely would have garnered at least a partially guaranteed contract.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 01:25:51 pm

DLeague pays just $25k per season, but housing is covered. The torn ACL prior to the draft was the big hindrance that put him in the DLeague though. He wasn't going to get that much better by sticking around here another year. He can work on his game alongside other pros, and get professional coaching at the same time. Back here, he'd have limited contact with our coaches due to NCAA rules, plus academic responsibilities, while making $0 scratch.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mhuff

"Only tallied 7 points and 9 rebounds"...... You are kidding.... Aren't you?   Durham's and Watkin's rebounds impress me as much as anything. Lots of PG's score less than seven points and very few get 9 assists.

mhuff

November 02, 2015, 02:01:04 pm #87 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:20:43 pm by mhuff
Quote from: Ray Piggers on November 01, 2015, 08:00:13 pm
White:

Bell 27 points
Thompson 19 points, 9 rebounds
Whitt 19 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Miles 1 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists
Stark 6
Haydar 2
Simmons - did not score

Red

Kingsley 27 points, 7 rebounds
Hannahs 22
Watkins 14 points, 10 assists
Durham 7 points, 9 assists
Kouassi 5
Mossiman 3
Jenkins no points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
At
Quote from: Ray Piggers

link=topic=601800.msg9974579#msg9974579 date=1446429613

White

Bell 27 points
Thompson 19 points, 9 rebounds
Whitt 19 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Miles 1 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists
Stark 6
Haydar 2
Simmons - did not score

Red

Kingsley 27 points, 7 rebounds
Hannahs 22
Watkins 14 points, 10 assists
Durham 7 points, 9 assists
Kouassi 5
Mossiman 3
Jenkins no points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists

Ray Bigger's stats are off.   Miles didn't score just one point and Watkins only got 6 rebounds.... Not 10. May be other errors.

hawginbigd1

Of course I didn't see any of the game, but looking at the stats, Hannahs and Bell are the shooters, noteworthy Whitt didn't attempt a 3. Not really his game but you would think he would need to be able to put some pressure on the defense from outside in order to be able to penetrate/slash. Block #'s look good, TO's by Durham not good. Box score looks good overall, would like to see FT% be at least 10 points higher especially at home. Just don't have any idea what the defense was overall bas on box score. Hope this is what Miles can provide and make me eat my words that he was a wasted scholarship.

mhuff

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 01, 2015, 10:32:35 pm
When you're guard heavy, it's an aberration to have few shooters.

I do think some others will need to and can knock them down.  I think both that you mention are capable.

Agree with what you say about the aberration ,but I would put in an addendum. No matter what position you play, if you hit a high percentage of 3's , you're an asset. If you miss a high percentage of 3's, you're a liability. This team can't afford to beat themselves .

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 02, 2015, 01:31:54 pm
Qualls was well on his way to getting drafted in the early to mid second round before his injury, and likely would have garnered at least a partially guaranteed contract.

Irony or coincidence - Portis just retweeted a pic of himself and Qualls from this summer with the caption: "@Mr_WALKONAIR: Objective :  was to bring back what has been lost and get to the paper http://t.co/TLamjlhIsC";

The Hogfather

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 02, 2015, 01:36:02 pm
DLeague pays just $25k per season, but housing is covered. The torn ACL prior to the draft was the big hindrance that put him in the DLeague though. He wasn't going to get that much better by sticking around here another year. He can work on his game alongside other pros, and get professional coaching at the same time. Back here, he'd have limited contact with our coaches due to NCAA rules, plus academic responsibilities, while making $0 scratch.

Everyone has their opinion.

HawgAdvocate

hawgfan4life

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 11:56:36 am

What a load of crap.  That is why they hire soothesayers and such.  I know for a fact there were at least a dozen people on this site that KNEW that Portis and Qualls were leaving two months before they declared and even when they were telling the coaches and their families they were coming back to play.  If these potato chip eating psychics could predict all of that, surely MA could hire a professional.  It doesn't take a scientific rocket to know that or Nostradamus to predict it.

mhuff

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 01, 2015, 10:32:35 pm
When you're guard heavy, it's an aberration to have few shooters.

I do think some others will need to and can knock them down.  I think both that you mention are capable.

Agree with what you say about the aberration ,but I would put in an addendum. No matter what position you play, if you hit a high percentage of 3's , you're an asset. If you miss a high percentage of 3's, you're a liability. This team can't afford to beat themselves .

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 02, 2015, 01:27:12 pm
I bet they were still recruiting.

I also think they were recruiting all year long but they just are not very good at it. I don't say they should get a F in recruiting but a Low C especially with numbers of quality signees.   We have all the pieces in place to have excellent recruiting classes.  We have beautiful facilities, excellent conference and a way above average fan base.  So were is our  consistent top 15-25 recruiting classes?  Why are we struggling here to attract more highly ranked players?   I do not want CMA to get fired but I do want him to better at bringing to us players who are exciting and are winners on and off the court. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 02, 2015, 11:01:54 pm
I also think they were recruiting all year long but they just are not very good at it. I don't say they should get a F in recruiting but a Low C especially with numbers of quality signees.   We have all the pieces in place to have excellent recruiting classes.  We have beautiful facilities, excellent conference and a way above average fan base.  So were is our  consistent top 15-25 recruiting classes?  Why are we struggling here to attract more highly ranked players?   I do not want CMA to get fired but I do want him to better at bringing to us players who are exciting and are winners on and off the court. 

They were last among all 14 SEC teams in recruiting with all the advantages you stated. Think about it 14th out of 14 teams. This is by far my biggest issue with this coaching staff is recruiting.

TomBigBeeHog

This thread was supposed to be about the red - white game  :puke:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hogsanity

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 03, 2015, 08:58:55 am
This thread was supposed to be about the red - white game  :puke:

Yes, in the red/white game 14 players tallies time. 1 is a graduate who is out of eligibility. 2 are walkons brought in to have enough bodies to play defense in practice, and I think ( but could be wrong ) one is a transfer who has to sit out this season. So talking about recruiting is an obvious outflow of that.

But lets talks about the game. Do you think, barring Beard coming back, that Whitt is going to log as much or more time at Pg than Durham?

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: hogsanity on November 03, 2015, 09:25:54 am
But lets talks about the game. Do you think, barring Beard coming back, that Whitt is going to log as much or more time at Pg than Durham?

That looked like the plan the other night.  Hope it works out.