Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red And White Game November 1

Started by chiefhawg, October 22, 2015, 03:01:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hawginbigd1

Should be some good conditioning, since there won't be any substitutions ;D

Biggus Piggus

They should play halfcourt against the coaches.
[CENSORED]!

Adam Stokes

I keep forgetting that Dusty Hannahs looks like Justin Beiber.  I always have to do a double take as to why I see the Beebs wearing a Hog jersey.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on October 23, 2015, 08:09:50 am
I keep forgetting that Dusty Hannahs looks like Justin Beiber.  I always have to do a double take as to why I see the Beebs wearing a Hog jersey.

That can only be a bad omen.  Why couldn't he look like Lebron James or somebody like that...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Big Nasty 34

Here are the rosters for the game Sunday:

Red Team
2 - Jake Mosiman, Jr., G
3 - Dusty Hannahs, R-Jr., G
4 - Jabril Durham, Sr., G
15 - Lorenzo Jenkins, Fr., G
21 - Manuale Watkins, Jr., G
33 - Moses Kingsley, Jr., F
50 - Willy Kouassi, R-Sr., C

White Team
1 - Trey Thompson, So., F
5 - Anthlon Bell, Sr., G
12 - DaShaun Stark, Jr., G
14 - Tristan Simmons, Fr., G
24 - Jimmy Whitt, Fr., G
55 - Keaton Miles, R-Sr., F

Interesting split up of teams. I would think Red would have a decided advantage.

jry04

They look even to me. Red has better interior players, but Whitt and Bell are probably the 2 best players on the team. Also sounds like Thompson is much improved.

elvis26

;D where is the walkon tristian simmons from?

Scott7703

Quote from: elvis26 on October 30, 2015, 11:48:36 pm
;D where is the walkon tristian simmons from?

El Dorado AR I believe

jcb03005

Any TV or online stream for this?  It seems we are behind the times on this.
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"  - Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jcb03005 on November 01, 2015, 02:01:47 pm

Believe it or not, some events are actually created for a live audience.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jcb03005

You do realize that there are Hog fans that do not live in the state. :razorback:
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"  - Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jcb03005 on November 01, 2015, 02:08:56 pm
You do realize that there are Hog fans that do not live in the state. :razorback:

Make your charitable food donation to the campus food pantry known to the athletic department, and they might just decide to broadcast this free admission scrimmage. Then again, they might not.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

elvis26

WorfHog

Quote from: jcb03005 on November 01, 2015, 02:08:56 pm

I'm surprised that it's not on one of the online SEC Network channels. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: WorfHog on November 01, 2015, 04:31:07 pm
I'm surprised that it's not on one of the online SEC Network channels.
Well, there was a scheduling conflict.  They're wax and polishing the court in Rupp Arena and we all know that's must see TV.

Hawgphish

I watched the open practice before the football game yesterday and let me just say that I was really impressed with the new scoreboard.

cmiller01

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 01, 2015, 04:42:09 pm
I watched the open practice before the football game yesterday and let me just say that I was really impressed with the new scoreboard.

We're in trouble if that was the most impressive thing you saw lol

Hawgphish

Quote from: cmiller01 on November 01, 2015, 05:13:16 pm
We're in trouble if that was the most impressive thing you saw lol
Uhhh, yea the scoreboard was great.

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 30, 2015, 06:42:50 pm
Here are the rosters for the game Sunday:

Red Team
2 - Jake Mosiman, Jr., G
3 - Dusty Hannahs, R-Jr., G
4 - Jabril Durham, Sr., G
15 - Lorenzo Jenkins, Fr., G
21 - Manuale Watkins, Jr., G
33 - Moses Kingsley, Jr., F
50 - Willy Kouassi, R-Sr., C

White Team
1 - Trey Thompson, So., F
5 - Anthlon Bell, Sr., G
12 - DaShaun Stark, Jr., G
14 - Tristan Simmons, Fr., G
24 - Jimmy Whitt, Fr., G
55 - Keaton Miles, R-Sr., F

Interesting split up of teams. I would think Red would have a decided advantage.

That tells me that this Hog team is way too guard heavy and that isn't good at all.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogman99

Quote from: jcb03005 on November 01, 2015, 02:01:47 pm

Not sure that would be good idea. 19,000 seat arena with about 900 people there.

The_Iceman

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

jry04

Sounds like Moses is much improved. Granted he didn't have much competition on the other team as far as post players go. Still, he couldn't score 20+ on anyone last season, so that is a start.

-Blu

Quote from: jry04 on November 01, 2015, 06:57:14 pm
Sounds like Moses is much improved. Granted he didn't have much competition on the other team as far as post players go. Still, he couldn't score 20+ on anyone last season, so that is a start.

I don't know, Miles was everywhere on the defensive end and Thompson was very solid.  Wasn't like he was just getting easy dunks all the time.  They made him work for it.  Kingsley just really wanted to make a statement tonight.  He drew a ton of fouls, and I think he hit every single free throw.  Very curious to see the box score.

Also, on a side note I left the most impressed with Keaton Miles out of everyone.  His confidence is sky high right now.  He was by far the most active player tonight and was getting all the garbage buckets, getting rebounds, and blocking shots. 

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: -Blu on November 01, 2015, 07:37:06 pm
I don't know, Miles was everywhere on the defensive end and Thompson was very solid.  Wasn't like he was just getting easy dunks all the time.  They made him work for it.  Kingsley just really wanted to make a statement tonight.  He drew a ton of fouls, and I think he hit every single free throw.  Very curious to see the box score.

Also, on a side note I left the most impressed with Keaton Miles out of everyone.  His confidence is sky high right now.  He was by far the most active player tonight and was getting all the garbage buckets, getting rebounds, blocking shots.

Seconded

Ray Piggers

White:

Bell 27 points
Thompson 19 points, 9 rebounds
Whitt 19 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Miles 1 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists
Stark 6
Haydar 2
Simmons - did not score

Red

Kingsley 27 points, 7 rebounds
Hannahs 22
Watkins 14 points, 10 assists
Durham 7 points, 9 assists
Kouassi 5
Mossiman 3
Jenkins no points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

-Blu

Quote from: Ray Piggers on November 01, 2015, 08:00:13 pm
White:

Bell 27 points
Stark 6
Haydar 2
Simmons - did not score

Red

Hannahs 22
Kouassi 5
Mossiman 3

Miles had way more than 1 point.  He had 11 at half time leading his team.

Ray Piggers

Posting from my iPhone. See if this works
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

hogman99

White:

Bell 27 points
Stark 6
Haydar 2
Simmons - did not score

Red

Hannahs 22
Kouassi 5
Mossiman 3

Good Lord, Kikko Haydar played 13 minutes. Just sit back and think about that awhile.

@SportsTalkwBo: Anderson: We've got some areas we really need to get better at. The positive is getting guys out there in a game-type setting.

Yeah, like recruiting. At least Kikko is getting some game-type action that should help by the time we get to conference games.

Otis

Kiko played more minutes than a scholarship player, Jenkins??

-Blu

Quote from: Otis on November 01, 2015, 08:42:49 pm
Kiko played more minutes than a scholarship player, Jenkins??

Jenkins took an elbow to the face, CMA talked about it in the post game press conference, they wanted to make sure no one got injured in the red-white game, I think that's what limited Jenkins minutes.

And as far as Kikko playing, I believe that's because a couple of the walk-ons were just added within the last couple of weeks and probably still don't know a lot of the plays, so for the sake of ball movement and all that, they put him in there to give guys some breathers.

And he's said a few times now he's going to have a rotation of 8-9 guys.  Those guys look to be Whitt, Watkins, Bell, Miles, Kingsley, Thompson, Kouassi, Hannahs, and Durham.

Porked Tongue

I'm beginning to think Kikko might help us best as a recruiter.

wheelspigharvey

My main take away, other than my kid is not ready sit through a full game, is that I liked that the returners are ready to give it their best shot, and I agree with Jimmy being a silent killer of sorts.  Miles is going to try to show us why he started at WVU.  We need our returners to play out of their minds if we are going to have a shot at a ticket to the dance.

Dr. Starcs

At least CMA didnt go full pelphrey and suit himself up for a few minutes.

Speaking of pelphrey, sounds like we're gonna have to have a few good bleeds this year.

Big Nasty 34

Just looking at stats, one positive was Hannahs and Bell were a combined 9-18 from 3. We will need a lot of those nights this year. Overall 10-22 (minus Kikko's missed 2) was nice to see even in a red white game. Going to have to hope for consistent outside shooting home and away.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 01, 2015, 09:09:38 pm
I'm beginning to think Kikko might help us best as a recruiter.

We need all the help we can get. If he's one of our best recruiters though....

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 01, 2015, 09:58:37 pm
Just looking at stats, one positive was Hannahs and Bell were a combined 9-18 from 3. We will need a lot of those nights this year. Overall 10-22 (minus Kikko's missed 2) was nice to see even in a red white game. Going to have to hope for consistent outside shooting home and away.
I'm normally a glass half full guy, but I was actually surprised how few total 3's where attempted by everyone besides those two.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 01, 2015, 10:03:39 pm
We need all the help we can get. If he's one of our best recruiters though....
Now now....not now.  Taking the half full approach here that he is there and among other things he can certainly help with that part of staff work.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 01, 2015, 10:05:06 pm
Now now....not now.  Taking the half full approach here that he is there and among other things he can certainly help with that part of staff work.

Hah, I appreciate and understand the clarification.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 01, 2015, 10:03:46 pm
I'm normally a glass half full guy, but I was actually surprised how few total 3's where attempted by everyone besides those two.

Not a lot of options though. Durham will shoot a few and will probably be take 3rd highest amount. Manny and Whitt aren't 3 point threats at this point.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 01, 2015, 10:23:43 pm
Not a lot of options though. Durham will shoot a few and will probably be take 3rd highest amount. Manny and Whitt aren't 3 point threats at this point.
When you're guard heavy, it's an aberration to have few shooters.

I do think some others will need to and can knock them down.  I think both that you mention are capable.

hogman99

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 01, 2015, 10:32:35 pm
When you're guard heavy, it's an aberration to have few shooters.

I do think some others will need to and can knock them down.  I think both that you mention are capable.

Who knows, maybe those new walk ons are great shooters.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogman99 on November 01, 2015, 10:34:45 pm
Who knows, maybe those new walk ons are great shooters.

They aren't. They are defensive practice players.

HoopS

If anything, I was pleasantly surprised at the scoring output as a whole last night. Always take a wait and see approach with these type of games though. Certainly would be more half full than empty for me after that though. 

Fairnbalanced

Gotta love the support given to the hoops team on this board.  This place is turning into that old board you all were on at first.  Pigpen or something like that. Open season on here, but say one thing remotely negative about the football team and you're banned.

UNCLE BACK

If anybody can win 17 or 18 games with a team like this it is Mike. We already have some real good players coming in next year so I am fine with it. We will be tough at Bud Walton and we will struggle on the road. My hope is that we could some how be 9 an 9 in the SEC. 7 and 2  at home and maybe 2 and 7 on the road. They played so hard last night, just a reminder to all the doubters that Mike has never had a Sub 500 team in his career...

hogsanity

White:

Bell 27 points
Stark 6
Haydar 2
Simmons - did not score

Red

Hannahs 22
Kouassi 5
Mossiman 3

So the presumptive starting PG, Durham only tallied 7 pts and 9 assists. Whitt showed why he was such a highly rated recruit, pretty solid showing in his 1st game type setting. The other signees barely, in total, outscored Kikko.

But of course all is well............................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: hogsanity on November 02, 2015, 09:02:52 am
So the presumptive starting PG, Durham only tallied 7 pts and 9 assists. Whitt showed why he was such a highly rated recruit, pretty solid showing in his 1st game type setting. The other signees barely, in total, outscored Kikko.

But of course all is well............................

Yep, we have to get the most out of our returners, and I think we all knew that.  9 assists isn't shabby. 

I'm not saying I predict one way other the other, I just think if it's OK for us to entertain the notion of worst-case scenarios playing out such as two back-to-back seasons without a tournament appearance this year and next, then why not entertain the best-case scenarios as well?

I remember right after the Clemson loss last year some guy called into Bo's show and basically laid out the Hogville Doubters list of concerns, said we might get to 22 wins, and Bo was like "yeah that makes sense," then the next caller was like "no, 26 wins and we take second in the conference and maybe get a tournament win," and Bo was basically like "where in the world did you get that prediction?"  Just saying.