Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11th Per Media

Started by RazorPiggie, October 21, 2015, 11:09:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Fairnbalanced on October 21, 2015, 03:49:26 pm
This coming from someone who complained throughout the past season.  Too funny!

warpig88?

Quote from: Fairnbalanced on October 21, 2015, 03:41:00 pm
  Yet another lie:  http://www.secsports.com/article/11744313/kentucky-picked-2015-champion

ok, they looked at the roster. last year and voted the Hogs 3rd, they were off by 1, so if they are off by 1 this year maybe the hogs will finish 10th or 12th.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=601331.0

In the somewhat related thread, CBS' rankings placed us as their 10th ranked SEC team.  I agree somewhat in their comment about no idea what to make of this team as of now.  Too many questions and unknowns including not knowing Beard's status.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoopS

We may well end up 11th. Hard to know.

Main thing is to see development and bring in a  strong signing class.

Lot of unanswered questions in both departments at this point.

I read Coach's quotes and it sounds like he expects to see pretty good things out of Kingsley and Thompson. If that plays out, I will be happy.

Also hope to see some good outside shooting from several this season.

Watkins is a coach on the floor and I like his intangibles. Good player to have. I would think he steps his offensive game up.

Durham and Miles both need to step up.

Have no idea what we will get out of Jenkins.

If we get Beard back and he's able to play up to his potential, I think we will be better than 11th.

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2015, 03:47:47 pm
Of course not.  I didn't say I thought it was right this season either.  Was just giving a picture of what an 11th place finish in the SEC may look like based on recent standings for those who want to give an opinion on the accuracy of the poll. 

You are very emotional lately.  Your posts are more aggressive than they have been.   I get it in things haven't been going well for the program for several months and you have a personal attachment to a member of the staff.
You think? I feel like I've posted a lot less than in the past. As far as the "passion" behind the posts. I imagine it has more to do with reading the same old stuff. I meant to include in my post to you was that I don't feel you are saying that polls are 100% accurrate. I don't think you think that way it was more of a comment for those that act as tho these preseason polls predict the future in full accurracy.

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2015, 04:25:48 pm
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=601331.0

In the somewhat related thread, CBS' rankings placed us as their 10th ranked SEC team.  I agree somewhat in their comment about no idea what to make of this team as of now.  Too many questions and unknowns including not knowing Beard's status.

fair assessment.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on October 21, 2015, 04:42:42 pm
fair assessment.

Thanks but it wasn't much of an assessment ;D.  I don't know how to go about assessing as I have a long list of questions and not sure I can list many knowns.

Someone can help me with this and I'm not in any way trying to be negative, what are the knowns we have going into this season?

Me trying to reach:
Veteran head coach who has had success and was mentored by someone who liked it when his teams were doubted in any way.  Coach A has had teams achieve more than predicted.

As far as the team:
Watkins - I think we know enough to say Watkins will give us a guard with a good basketball IQ, understands what he and others should be doing and will play hard.

I'm struggling to come up with more.  We have several players with potential and room to grow into solid role players.  Of course, we have a freshman with star potential perhaps. 

This would be one of those seasons where the 40 MOH system and the defensive pressure could make a big difference.  I just don't know if the quality of guard depth is there to do it especially on the defensive end including having a true freshman factor in so much in the backcourt.  Mike has yet to have a team that could play his defenses well and I'm not sure this one will be dramatically better.  On the interior, we need to see Moses be the force he can be vs how lost he has been.   Bell's growth as a defender and hopefully if he becomes the shooter his potential when he was recruited suggested could be a big help.  Just a few of the many unknowns.  Could go down every player on the roster I think except perhaps Watkins and think about what their potential growth and development could mean. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Fairnbalanced on October 21, 2015, 03:49:26 pm
This coming from someone who complained throughout the past season.  Too funny!

Someone knowing someone's post history when this person only has 7 posts and registered an account a month ago either means this person is a plant or warpig88 with his 3rd or 4th account he made since being banned.

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 21, 2015, 04:10:39 pm
Can't really be a long-time lurker when the Fairnbalanced handle was registered less than a month ago, on 9/25/15.

Multiple accounts, one person. Oh joy.

Well HA thsts the opinion of most people in Jump ball. Hogs are picked 11th because as of right now that's where we stack up against the rest of the SEC that has only gotten stronger. You guys realize LSU might have the best player in the nation don't you?

TomBigBeeHog

Not defending the guy but many people read the boards for a long time before joining. At least, I did.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on October 22, 2015, 09:34:56 am
Not defending the guy but many people read the boards for a long time before joining. At least, I did.
I Pondered long and hard before joining this zoo.

Letsroll1200

I'm excited about this upcoming season regardless to the preseason rating. I still believe in MA and if it was not for the injury to Marshawn Powell we would be talking about 3 postseason tournament appearances in 4 seasons.

Make no mistake about it this team is fragile but they will fight. This will be some of Coach Anderson best work if he can get this team to produce. The non-conference games will be critical towards the success of this season. If they can gain some chemistry and confidence early than look out.

Ironhawg

Not too worried about where the media ranks us pre-season.  I want to see the product on the floor before I start worrying.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 22, 2015, 11:13:08 am
Not too worried about where the media ranks us pre-season.  I want to see the product on the floor before I start worrying.
Your mind ain't right for Jump Ball.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 22, 2015, 10:57:41 am
I'm excited about this upcoming season regardless to the preseason rating. I still believe in MA and if it was not for the injury to Marshawn Powell we would be talking about 3 postseason tournament appearances in 4 seasons.

Make no mistake about it this team is fragile but they will fight. This will be some of Coach Anderson best work if he can get this team to produce. The non-conference games will be critical towards the success of this season. If they can gain some chemistry and confidence early than look out.

I've been told the NIT doesn't count.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 22, 2015, 01:00:57 pm

The NIT would be an accomplishment in 2016. I think they will be an NIT bubble team this season. That should be the objective this year is an invitation to the NIT. As sad as it sounds it is what it is

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 22, 2015, 10:57:41 am

Agreed.  I don't see how a team that is better than years 1 and 2 can't get at least as many wins as those teams, unless our schedule is just that much harder than it was back then.

hogsanity

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on October 22, 2015, 02:38:30 pm
Agreed.  I don't see how a team that is better than years 1 and 2 can't get at least as many wins as those teams, unless our schedule is just that much harder than it was back then.

What makes you think this team is better than years 1 and 2?

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 22, 2015, 02:45:14 pm

I think we will have better guard play on this team than in years 1 and 2. Could be better on the inside, especially over that team in year 1 after Powells injury.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Ironhawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2015, 12:59:12 pm
Your mind ain't right for Jump Ball.

+1.  Actually made me lol!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 22, 2015, 01:00:57 pm

A lot of things doesn't count on Hogville!!!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on October 22, 2015, 02:45:14 pm

Jimmy Whitt                     Ky Madden
Manuale Watkins              Ricky Scott
Anthlon Bell                     Madracus Wade
Willy Kouassi                    Devonta Abron
Jabril Durham                   BJ Young
Dusty Hannahs                 Kikko Haydar
Trey Thompson                 Hunter Mickelson
Moses Kingsley                 Michael Sanchez
Keaton Miles                     Marvell Waithe
Anton Beard (If eligible)    Julysses Nobles

Mike Anderson first year team finished 18-14 (6-10)!!!

I just think this year roster can at least get to 20 wins and 8-8 in the SEC. The roster is much improved from his first season at Arkansas.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 22, 2015, 07:29:02 pm
I just think this year roster can at least get to 20 wins and 8-8 in the SEC. The roster is much improved from his first season at Arkansas.

The current roster is more well versed in what Coach A expects, but it's certainly not more talented. There's no one on this year's squad that can hold a candle to what B.J. Young could do.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

wheelspigharvey

Jimmy Whitt                     Ky Madden
Manuale Watkins              Ricky Scott
Anthlon Bell                     Madracus Wade
Jabril Durham                   BJ Young
Trey Thompson                 Hunter Mickelson
Moses Kingsley                 Michael Sanchez

Not to nit pick but I was thinking Whitt is BJ.

Also for all the talk about how we are having such a big drop in the quality of front court play, clearly Moses would smoke any of those bigs from year 1, and he would at least hold his own with year 2's.  (Not to bash any former players as they all played a role in improving the program.)

Fairnbalanced

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2015, 04:06:54 pm
Are you new here?  Long time lurker, short time poster? ;)
I've turned over a new leaf.

UNCLE BACK

I see this team being as good or better than Mikes first team at Arkansas.  Marvel Waithe and Michael Sanchez were our starting Front Court with Abron and Mickleson coming off the bench.  Id say we are at least as good 4 Deep in that area. Whitt is going to be as good as B.J and Bell should be as good as Wade was. I mean I just see about 18 wins or so... Id be ok with it

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 23, 2015, 10:45:57 am
I see this team being as good or better than Mikes first team at Arkansas.  Marvel Waithe and Michael Sanchez were our starting Front Court with Abron and Mickleson coming off the bench.  Id say we are at least as good 4 Deep in that area. Whitt is going to be as good as B.J and Bell should be as good as Wade was. I mean I just see about 18 wins or so... Id be ok with it

Whitt is going to be better than BJ on defense. Better teammate as well so I think overall chemistry will be better at the guard spots for this team. This team doesn't have a 6'6" to 6'8" skilled wing but that team didn't either (we really haven't had one since MA has been here).

I agree that we are at least as good inside as that first team and I hope we are a lot better (wouldn't take much). So I think we can win 18 if our bigs are competent and the guard play is consistently good. That's why I can't wait for the season to start so that I can start getting a feel for the type of team we will field this year. I know they will fight. Not sure how much they will win.

Iwastherein1969

Sad to say but Mike's recruiting and basically his whole program mirrors that of Houston Nutt....a bad year or two of recruiting and losing talent and Nutt would come to the fans and say, "we are going to need at least a year, maybe two to rebuild this thing the way we want it"...so we'd go through a couple of 4-8 years, maybe 5-7 and then we'd have a good enough team some 3 years later to win some games we shouldn't and go to some crappy bowl. Truth is, Mike should never have an off year. The brand new basketball facility is in place, impressive and functioning. Problem is after the state of the art basketball practice facility was built, our coaches no longer have an excuse as to why we can't get top shelf talent in here.  Good god almighty, we have Bud Walton, a place where teams fear to tread, a new basketball practice facility and we lose recruiting battles left and right. Losing Portis hurt, but damm, if we have to wait for the state of Arkansas to produce a Bobby Portis  to be relevant, well, we'll be waiting long intervals because players like Portis aren't born in this state every year. Does Mike travel or does he just stay at home ?  We have to pick up the recruiting and do it quickly or we're going to be in the bottom of the basketball programs each year in the SEC. To see that we are picked BEHIND AUBURN is NOT ACCEPTABLE in any shape form or fashion. No excuses. Gotta pick it up, Mike. If you lose Monk to UK, there's going to be a reckoning.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 23, 2015, 01:04:51 pm
Sad to say but Mike's recruiting and basically his whole program mirrors that of Houston Nutt....a bad year or two of recruiting and losing talent and Nutt would come to the fans and say, "we are going to need at least a year, maybe two to rebuild this thing the way we want it"...so we'd go through a couple of 4-8 years, maybe 5-7 and then we'd have a good enough team some 3 years later to win some games we shouldn't and go to some crappy bowl. Truth is, Mike should never have an off year. The brand new basketball facility is in place, impressive and functioning. Problem is after the state of the art basketball practice facility was built, our coaches no longer have an excuse as to why we can't get top shelf talent in here.  Good god almighty, we have Bud Walton, a place where teams fear to tread, a new basketball practice facility and we lose recruiting battles left and right. Losing Portis hurt, but damm, if we have to wait for the state of Arkansas to produce a Bobby Portis  to be relevant, well, we'll be waiting long intervals because players like Portis aren't born in this state every year. Does Mike travel or does he just stay at home ?  We have to pick up the recruiting and do it quickly or we're going to be in the bottom of the basketball programs each year in the SEC. To see that we are picked BEHIND AUBURN is NOT ACCEPTABLE in any shape form or fashion. No excuses. Gotta pick it up, Mike. If you lose Monk to UK, there's going to be a reckoning.
Now that Mike has the practice facility, lets see what his recruiting starts looking like.  We haven't played a dang game yet and Mike has NEVER had a losing season. Lets see if he can polish a turd ( for lack of a better term )....

-Blu

I would actually line them up like this, for better comparison.  And I agree I think you would give the slight edge to this year's roster.  With that said, still a lot of unknowns, if guys like Whitt, Kingsley, Beard, Bell, Hannahs etc. have breakout years we could be much better than that year 1 roster, if not, it could be very similar results.

Jimmy Whitt                     BJ Young
Manuale Watkins               KY Madden
Anthlon Bell                      Madracus Wade
Jabril Durham                   Ricky Scott
Trey Thompson                 Michael Sanchez
Moses Kingsley                 Hunter Mickelson

TomBigBeeHog

Haven't finished in the bottom in any year under CMA.

Interesting that you say CMA cannot have an off year. Every other coach does so sounds like you're just grumpy today.

Pretty sure he travels. I have seen some articles stating that he was in various places watching prospects play, unless that was his body double. May have been, I know when I lived in LR people used to come up to me and ask if I used to be the bouncer at some local club (usually happened at the Kroger on Shackleford). Plus, CMA has a pretty nice house. So maybe he likes to stay home and chill while his look a like goes out on the trail.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: -Blu on October 23, 2015, 01:17:33 pm
I would actually line them up like this, for better comparison.  And I agree I think you would give the slight edge to this year's roster.  With that said, still a lot of unknowns, if guys like Whitt, Kingsley, Beard, Bell, Hannahs etc. have breakout years we could be much better than that year 1 roster, if not, it could be very similar results.

Jimmy Whitt                     BJ Young
Manuale Watkins               KY Madden
Anthlon Bell                      Madracus Wade
Jabril Durham                   Ricky Scott
Trey Thompson                 Michael Sanchez
Moses Kingsley                 Hunter Mickelson

Sanchez was the best of the bigs out of that group and we still won 18 games. Let that thought marinate on the brain for a minute.

UNCLE BACK

Questions,

How many times have we had major off the court issues since Mike has been here?
How many times has he had to replace his two best Underclassmen who entered the NBA draft?
How many times has he lost a top 50 recruit because he didn't qualify because of the Clearinghouse?

Answer to all 1 damn time and it all happened at once! lay off of Mike and let him do his job!!!!!!!!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 23, 2015, 01:28:52 pm
Questions,

How many times have we had major off the court issues since Mike has been here?
How many times has he had to replace his two best Underclassmen who entered the NBA draft?
How many times has he lost a top 50 recruit because he didn't qualify because of the Clearinghouse?

Answer to all 1 damn time and it all happened at once! lay off of Mike and let him do his job!!!!!!!!

The problem with your question is everything you meantioned happened in one awful offseason. This events have happened in this off-season as well.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 23, 2015, 01:31:56 pm
The problem with your question is everything you meantioned happened in one awful offseason. This events have happened in this off-season as well.
My point exactly, You can't blame Mike for any of it. He had Kapita to replace Portis. Qualls came out of absolutely nowhere and some kids decided to act foolish and break the law... NONE is Mikes fault. Kapita is not Mikes fault!

hogsanity

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 23, 2015, 01:28:52 pm
Questions,

lay off of Mike and let him do his job!!!!!!!!

Isn't his job to win games? Isn't part of that having a roster that can handle changes due to departures or injuries or suspensions?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 23, 2015, 01:35:30 pm
My point exactly, You can't blame Mike for any of it. He had Kapita to replace Portis. Qualls came out of absolutely nowhere and some kids decided to act foolish and break the law... NONE is Mikes fault. Kapita is not Mikes fault!

Players leaving early are a positive thing towards the program. Good programs have players leave early and new hot shot freshmen to replace them. If we are the program we expect as fans then guys should be leaving early every other year. I don't understand how the coaching staff was shocked that those guys went pro.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on October 23, 2015, 01:28:44 pm
Sanchez was the best of the bigs out of that group

The actual stats say the complete opposite. Sanchez was the worst player on the team.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/arkansas/2012.html
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 23, 2015, 01:37:56 pm
I don't understand how the coaching staff was shocked that those guys went pro.

They weren't. But it's an easier narrative to digest.

Kevin

how many ncaa tournaments has he been to in 4 years?

same answer
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Kevin on October 23, 2015, 02:33:37 pm
how many ncaa tournaments has he been to in 4 years?

same answer
He is no Bret Bielema but who is?  we are avg about 10 SEC Wins a season and 21 wins but he's just awful! You folks have no idea what we will do this year. We may win 22 games. Let stuff work itself out.

UNCLE BACK

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southeastern Conference) (2011–present)
2011–12 Arkansas 18–14 6–10 9th 
2012–13 Arkansas 19–13 10–8 7th 
2013–14 Arkansas 22–12 10–8 5th NIT Second Round
2014–15 Arkansas 27–9 13–5 2nd NCAA Round of 32
2015–16 Arkansas     
Arkansas: 86–48 (.642) 39–31 (.557)
Looks pretty good to me.

21.5 Wins Per Year.
11 wins in Sec per year since we changed to 18 games.
Plus Mike's teams win at home and he is a good honest man who does things the right way.
He does not embarrass every week with his antics and he is a true Razorback at heart...

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 23, 2015, 02:54:06 pm
21.5 Wins Per Year.
11 wins in Sec per year since we changed to 18 games.
Plus Mike's teams win at home and he is a good honest man who does things the right way.
He does not embarrass every week with his antics and he is a true Razorback at heart...

All of this is true, but the 'number of wins' per season is pretty meaningless if we're not going to the Dance with any consistency. Postseason success is easily what matters most. 

Having said that,  I don't believe we could land a better 'name' coach right now by any means. I'm not for removing Coach A, but it'd be awesome to see some real effort to at least try and improve recruiting. The practice facility is built, and its nice, but it can't help with recruiting if the staff can't get Top 100 recruits to actually want to come in for official visits and see it.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 23, 2015, 03:03:41 pm
All of this is true, but the 'number of wins' per season is pretty meaningless if we're not going to the Dance with any consistency. Postseason success is easily what matters most. 

Having said that,  I don't believe we could land a better 'name' coach right now by any means. I'm not for removing Coach A, but it'd be awesome to see some real effort to at least try and improve recruiting. The practice facility is built, and its nice, but it can't help with recruiting if the staff can't get Top 100 recruits to actually want to come in for official visits and see it.
I can't disagree with anything you are saying either however I feel like we deserved to be a NIT team Mikes second year and probably did enough to dance his 3rd year. To me its a flawed system when our Football program goes 2 and 8 last year and goes to a bowl. ( Bielema was given a raise and high praise for doing so too ) Mike wins 19 games his second year and we were projected as a 3 seed in the Nit Projections and don't make it. Then win 22 his second year and go to the NIT when we were probably at least deserving of a 12 seed in the Dance. I just feel like Mike has been on the cusp and has gotten crapped on a little. 27 wins last year buys him a few more recruiting classes in my book. It was the perfect storm that made the off season a dumpster fire and it could have happened to anyone. I will stand behind the same statement that I always give, Mike's biggest flaw is inadequate recruiting assistant coaches...

Fairnbalanced

Same folks bellyaching.  Same folks who whined throughout the past season.  Same folks who didn't want him in the first place.   Coincidence?

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 23, 2015, 03:03:41 pm

We've signed at least one Top 100 kid 4 out of the 5 years Mike and co. have been recruiting here though. 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 23, 2015, 03:11:51 pm
I can't disagree with anything you are saying either however I feel like we deserved to be a NIT team Mikes second year and probably did enough to dance his 3rd year.

In Coach A's second year, our RPI was 94 and our SOS was 88. Just 19 wins. Our NCSoS was 132nd.
In Coach A's third year, our RPI was 77 and our SOS was 96. We won 21 games, but our NCSoS 205th.

Bad scheduling is mostly to blame. I've said it for years now. If our staff had  accepted the proven, successful scheduling assistance that had been offered to them back in January of 2012, we most likely would have made the Dance in 2014 instead of ending up in the NIT.

HotlantaHog

I think no one really knows. 11th seems reasonable, but it could be a lot higher or a little lower. 11th would be a disappointment to me -- means no NCAA, no NIT, probably a losing record. But there has been so much turnover and some new key players that it is really hard to make anything other than a guess about the year. And not a very educated guess at that.

As Ben Carson said about his chances -- why guess? We will know soon enough.

HawgAdvocate

October 23, 2015, 04:30:31 pm #96 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:58:20 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: wheelspigharvey on October 23, 2015, 03:52:34 pm
We've signed at least one Top 100 kid 4 out of the 5 years Mike and co. have been recruiting here though. 

Bobby is gone. 
Moses has yet to perform as such.
Whitt has yet to play a game.
Beard was a Top 100 recruit for ESPN only, finishing 90th, but he didn't finish as one for Scout or Rivals.

Right now this roster has just two Top 100 recruits that are certain to be in uniform this season. Coach A has signed 14 kids at Arkansas, and brought in six more as transfers. We need more than 20% (4/20) of our incoming players to be high-end talent.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Fairnbalanced on October 23, 2015, 03:48:18 pm
Same folks bellyaching.  Same folks who whined throughout the past season.  Same folks who didn't want him in the first place.   Coincidence?
this is a flatout lie....I have supported Anderson and in a big way during the first 3 seasons....no problems....we underachieved in the NCAA tournament last year looking back on what UNC had and what we had...last year's team was elite 8 material and props to Mike for putting it together...but a program like Arkansas cannot get caught with our pants down like we have this season...how many times do you see teams drop off the table like we apparently have in just one season...it may happen, but its not supposed to happen at Arkansas and Mike, when he was hired would have been the first to tell you that what has happened from last year to this year is simply unacceptable
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

King Kong

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 23, 2015, 04:30:31 pm
Bobby is gone. 
Moses has yet to perform as such.
Whitt has yet to play a game.
Beard was a Top 100 recruit for ESPN only, finishing 90th, but he didn't finish as one for Scout or Rivals.

Right now this roster has just two Top 100 recruits that are certain to be in uniform this season. Coach A has signed 14 kids at Arkansas, and brought in six more as transfers. We need more than 20% (4/20) of our roster to be high-end talent.

Kouassi was top 100 on Rivals. But clearly he hasn't played to that level and I don't believe it disproves your overall point.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 23, 2015, 04:53:03 pm
this is a flatout lie....I have supported Anderson and in a big way during the first 3 seasons....no problems....we underachieved in the NCAA tournament last year looking back on what UNC had and what we had...last year's team was elite 8 material and props to Mike for putting it together...but a program like Arkansas cannot get caught with our pants down like we have this season...how many times do you see teams drop off the table like we apparently have in just one season...it may happen, but its not supposed to happen at Arkansas and Mike, when he was hired would have been the first to tell you that what has happened from last year to this year is simply unacceptable

North Carolina had 6 McDonald's All Americans on the roster. You telling me that Arkansas was projected to beat North Carolina last season?  Not making any excuses but lets be real.