Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson Media Days Recap

Started by BadHog, October 05, 2015, 10:42:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/oct/05/mike-anderson-press-conference-live-blog/

Recap:

Mike Anderson says some of his players have actually slept at the practice facility since it opened.
on Anthlon Bell: "It's time for him to step into a major role."
Anderson says Moses Kingsley has put in a lot of work this offseason and is someone the Hogs can count on this year.
Manny Watkins is "very deserving" of the scholarship he earned this offseason. He'll have an even bigger role this year. He's one of the hardest workers on the team.
Ky Madden is in Poland and Alandise Harris is in Japan playing pro basketball.
Trey Thompson is going to be a difference maker for our basketball team.
Jimmy Whitt came in this summer and that has paid dividends. I think he'll impact our program.
On the new practice facility: We were the last one in the league to get one, but I think we did it right.
On the affect of the small roster: It won't change who we're going to be, but I can't wear them out in practice.
On the offseason: I've been here for 17 years. I've seen the good, seen the bad.
Anderson won't comment much on Beard and Thomas, saying he's letting the legal stuff work itself out. They are in school, though.
Anderson expects Jimmy Whitt to have an impact on this year's team. How big? "That depends on Jimmy."
On low preseason expectations: That's just part of it. Our mindset is that we're trying to win a championship.
On the practice facility: When you bring in recruits, this is a "wow" factor.
Kikko Haydar is a graduate assistant. Anderson: "From time to time, I throw him out there on the practice floor."
We're going to have to manufacture points. Our defense will help with that.
Anderson says the team is having a walk-on tryout tomorrow. "We'll probably have everyone from the HPER here tomorrow."
Anderson mentioned Keaton Miles and Trey Thompson when asked if any players have developed over the summer like Manny Watkins last summer.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hogberry Snortcake

I'm trying to think positive.  WPS. 

UNCLE BACK

Nothing said on Lorenzo Doobie Jenkins is a little scary...

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 06, 2015, 10:41:19 am
Nothing said on Lorenzo Doobie Jenkins is a little scary...

Hopefully I'm wrong but I fear he is a bigger version of Dee Wagner. Maybe he will develop though!

HoopS

Just think since he's a late add we've had less time with him. Not sure you can read much into anything yet.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.