Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Basketball Players Plead Not Guilty to Forgery Charges

Started by Scott Marshall, September 02, 2015, 11:37:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RME

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 10:52:07 am
If it's a first time offense with no prior legal problems no matter who it is, probation and community service is a just punishment for exchanging a few fake bills . Now, that assuming that's all he did (he only did it once) and he's never done anything else like this before.

And also FYI, if you think every case is handled the same and everyone is treated the same and your situation doesn't matter your living in a fantasy world.  Your situation absolutely has an affect on what happens.  Judges are typical more lenient on people who are doing something positive and trying to better than lives (college, trade school, army, etc.), rather than someone just sitting around not doing anything with their life.  I had a classmate that was about to be sentenced to jail time, however he had just joined the army, and he just got probation because the judge felt with him being in the army he was trying to better himself.

And your evidence that these guys are trying to better themselves is...that they're in college? That they play sports in college?

That justification for a crime can only go so far.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 11:24:58 am
And your evidence that these guys are trying to better themselves is...that they're in college? That they play sports in college?

That's not a justification for a crime, that's possible justification for a punishment short of the penitentiary. 
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

-Blu

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 11:24:58 am

Are you seriously asking is going to college evidence that someone is trying to better themselves? I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people that are attending college are going for the reason of hoping to better their lives.  Whether it be through education or sports.  Maybe your the 0.1% that goes just for the heck of it to waste thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of your life, but most people go to better their lives, and I'm sure most judges assume most people in college are trying to better themselves.

A better question is why are you sitting here wishing for the worst on a college student?  There's much worse people in the world you could be spending your energy on worried about their outcomes that have done much worse than exchange a few fake bills.  It's like some of you are going to be disappointed if the kid doesn't go to prison.

RME

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 11:40:23 am
Are you seriously asking is going to college evidence that someone is trying to better themselves? I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people that are attending college are going for the reason of hoping to better their lives.  Whether it be through education or sports.  Maybe your the 0.1% that goes just for the heck of it to waste thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of your life, but most people go to better their lives, and I'm sure most judges assume most people in college are trying to better themselves.

A better question is why are you sitting here wishing for the worst on a college student?  There's much worse people in the world you could be spending your energy on worried about their outcomes that have done much worse than exchange a few fake bills.  It's like some of you are going to be disappointed if the kid doesn't go to prison.

First off, you're.

Secondly, there are a lot of people who go to college and piss it away. For whatever reason. Sure, 99% of people go to college to better themselves. But what about the 1% that piss it away? That get a free ride on an athletic scholarship and then pull a Michael Dyer or Dakota Mosley? A regular joe student tries to pass off fake bills, he's a thug and should do the time. A basketball player does it and he's just a kid who made a mistake. I like consistency. Sue me.

Thirdly, in no post did i say I would be "disappointed" if they don't go to jail. Never said that. But I believe if you commit a crime, you pay the price. But I also know how the world works and that a higher status can alleviate a sentence.

HoopS

Our coach will be consistent with punishment if it is deemed necessary. Nothing in his past suggests otherwise. Like so many other things, it is fun to speculate and take stances prior to even knowing the outcome, but we are all just spinning our wheels until more information becomes available. I trust that the justice system will work properly and our coach will also use good judgment in handling his part of this.

Hawg Red

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/oct/26/status-hearing-tuesday-three-charged-forgery/

QuoteThe Tuesday court date set for one former and two current Arkansas basketball players will be for a status hearing.

Attorneys for Anton Beard, Dustin Thomas and Jacorey Williams will meet with Washington County Circuit Court Judge Ray Reynolds on Tuesday. It is not expected Tuesday's hearing will include a plea deal for any of the three.

daprospecta

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 11:47:43 am
First off, you're.

Secondly, there are a lot of people who go to college and piss it away. For whatever reason. Sure, 99% of people go to college to better themselves. But what about the 1% that piss it away? That get a free ride on an athletic scholarship and then pull a Michael Dyer or Dakota Mosley? A regular joe student tries to pass off fake bills, he's a thug and should do the time. A basketball player does it and he's just a kid who made a mistake. I like consistency. Sue me.

Thirdly, in no post did i say I would be "disappointed" if they don't go to jail. Never said that. But I believe if you commit a crime, you pay the price. But I also know how the world works and that a higher status can alleviate a sentence.
Thug? Seriously? You should spend some time in Little Rock and I don't mean around the promenade.  You will see the true nature of a thug.  It sounds like you are saying anyone that breaks the law is a thug which would make everyone one of us a thug at some point throughout the day.  Very few of us never stay under the speed limit whether it's accidental or not.  I do believe these young men made a big mistake and should have to pay the consequences but wanting prison for these young men honestly shows what type of person you are.  Don't look in the mirror anytime soon, you might not like what you see.

-Blu

First off, you're.

LOL, I love it when people resort to grammar checking when someone shuts them up.  And I don't know what Michael Dyer or any other player has to do with Anton Beard and this case, just sounds like a bunch of rambling to me, maybe a football or basketball player took your girlfriend in college and you want them all in prison, I don't know.

And if breaking the law upsets you so much and you want justice, go over in MMQB and bother them, we got a couple players that are active on the team that got in trouble for DUI.  If passing fake bills bothers you so much, then I'm sure driving drunk (something that actually kills people) should really get under your skin.  I checked your post history, doesn't look like you voiced your opinion on that yet, wonder why.

-Blu

Quote from: daprospecta on October 26, 2015, 01:46:51 pm
Thug? Seriously? You should spend some time in Little Rock and I don't mean around the promenade.  You will see the true nature of a thug.  It sounds like you are saying anyone that breaks the law is a thug which would make everyone one of us a thug at some point throughout the day.  Very few of us never stay under the speed limit whether it's accidental or not.  I do believe these young men made a big mistake and should have to pay the consequences but wanting prison for these young men honestly shows what type of person you are.  Don't look in the mirror anytime soon, you might not like what you see.

I've learned the people that are the most judgmental are usually the people with the most to hide.

HOGINTENNESSEE

RME

Quote from: daprospecta on October 26, 2015, 01:46:51 pm

Born and raised in Little Rock. I've seen Asher Avenue, and 15th street, and down University near UALR. Try again.

My "thug" comment was used completely different from how you interpreted it. Let me lay it out: Some random student at U of A gets caught for this same thing. People and holier-than-thou members of society will label that kid a thug and throw everything at him possible to make him pay for his crime. I wasn't calling him a thug. I was merely showing the dichotomy of how an average student would be labeled a thug, but a basketball player is "a kid who made a mistake."

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 03:24:23 pm
Born and raised in Little Rock. I've seen Asher Avenue, and 15th street, and down University near UALR. Try again.

My "thug" comment was used completely different from how you interpreted it. Let me lay it out: Some random student at U of A gets caught for this same thing. People and holier-than-thou members of society will label that kid a thug and throw everything at him possible to make him pay for his crime. I wasn't calling him a thug. I was merely showing the dichotomy of how an average student would be labeled a thug, but a basketball player is "a kid who made a mistake."

A random student at the UofA would face the same level of punishment.

RME

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 01:50:34 pm
LOL, I love it when people resort to grammar checking when someone shuts them up.  And I don't know what Michael Dyer or any other player has to do with Anton Beard and this case, just sounds like a bunch of rambling to me, maybe a football or basketball player took your girlfriend in college and you want them all in prison, I don't know.

And if breaking the law upsets you so much and you want justice, go over in MMQB and bother them, we got a couple players that are active on the team that got in trouble for DUI.  If passing fake bills bothers you so much, then I'm sure driving drunk (something that actually kills people) should really get under your skin.  I checked your post history, doesn't look like you voiced your opinion on that yet, wonder why.

Yep, you surely "shut me up." You don't know what Dyer has to do with this case...did you read my post? Comprehension is tough, so here:
You say: People go to college to better themselves, and it's absurd to think otherwise.
I say: Sure, 99% of them do. But what about those like Dyer and Beard who knowingly commit crimes? How can you honestly say they're in college to better themselves when they are on full scholarships and STILL do stupid stuff?

Again, you're missing my overall point. Ever hear the old adage "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"? I'll lay out my point as elementary as possible for you: If you commit a crime, you should face the music. Be it DUI, rape, counterfeit bills, attempted murder. (And no. Before you try and tee off, I'm not classifying those together as being on par with one another.) My second point was that I don't care who you are, whether you're the CEO of Goldman Sachs or Jacorey Williams, if you commit a crime, you should see the ramifications. Not get a slap on the wrist and have the old "oh, he's just a kid who made a mistake" thrown on you.

RME

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on October 26, 2015, 03:26:03 pm
A random student at the UofA would face the same level of punishment.

Or more severe punishment, because he's not a member of a high profile team.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 03:32:05 pm

Any random 19 year old facing his first non-violent felony is going to avoid seeing prison time an overwhelming majority of the time.  Regardless of where he is, what the felony is, or how good that person is at basketball.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 03:32:05 pm

I don't understand how people don't think "passing a few fake bills" is a problem. This isn't Miami.  If the justice system lets them off I don't have a problem with them trying to go to college and turning things around.  What I have a problem with is "representing" the university and the state.  1. They knew what they were doing.  2. They are not kids, they are adults  3. They can get a job even playing basketball.  I wish them luck, but I won't be rooting for them.

HoopS

I don't know. If regular students did this we likely wouldn't even hear of it so who knows how many times that's happened and what the punishment was if any.

-Blu

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 03:31:08 pm
Yep, you surely "shut me up." You don't know what Dyer has to do with this case...did you read my post? Comprehension is tough, so here:
You say: People go to college to better themselves, and it's absurd to think otherwise.
I say: Sure, 99% of them do. But what about those like Dyer and Beard who knowingly commit crimes? How can you honestly say they're in college to better themselves when they are on full scholarships and STILL do stupid stuff?

Again, you're missing my overall point. Ever hear the old adage "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"? I'll lay out my point as elementary as possible for you: If you commit a crime, you should face the music. Be it DUI, rape, counterfeit bills, attempted murder. (And no. Before you try and tee off, I'm not classifying those together as being on par with one another.) My second point was that I don't care who you are, whether you're the CEO of Goldman Sachs or Jacorey Williams, if you commit a crime, you should see the ramifications. Not get a slap on the wrist and have the old "oh, he's just a kid who made a mistake" thrown on you.

I like how in every one of your posts you want to try to challenge my intelligence and I've tried to keep it civil with you.  FYI, I've got a degree hanging up in my office, and I've got tons of academic awards laying around my house somewhere, and a nice paying job, I'm good bro, if you don't understand what I'm saying that's on you, the people I do business with and make money on understand me, that's all I'm worried about. But if it makes you feel better to think your somehow smarter than me, by all means boost your self esteem, you obviously need it. Especially since the highlight of your day is coming to a message board hoping for prison time on a college student.

Also, while you think your so smart, you really need to get out of the house some, you are way out of touch with college life.  Do you know how many kids do stupid stuff while in college?  Underage drinking, smoking weed, fighting, hazing, vandalism, stealing, illegal downloading, DUI, and the list goes on, do you seriously think all of them premeditated that they would do something stupid in college?  You act like Beard sat and thought "Hey, I'm going to practice and get really good at basketball, so I can go to college exchange $300 in fake bills and get away with it."  Kids make mistakes, but apparently while you were working on your Doctorate in message board grammar you didn't have time to get into any trouble, so doesn't surprise me that you can't relate.

Wooderson

It is a felony.  It's not some small misdemeanor.  How the feds are not involved is beyond me. A felony should result in prison in my opinion. 

Let me repeat, it is a felony.  I am appalled that some of you brush aside a felony like it's no big deal.  Even the high profile famous people who have committed white collar crime do time in prison.

"Stupid stuff in college" is on a whole different level than committing a felony.  We very well may end up with a felon on our basketball team.  A felon?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

-Blu

Quote from: Wooderson on October 26, 2015, 04:54:07 pm
It is a felony.  It's not some small misdemeanor.  How the feds are not involved is beyond me. A felony should result in prison in my opinion. 

Let me repeat, it is a felony.  I am appalled that some of you brush aside a felony like it's no big deal.  Even the high profile famous people who have committed white collar crime do time in prison.

"Stupid stuff in college" is on a whole different level than committing a felony.  We very well may end up with a felon on our basketball team.  A felon?

So is burning illegal copies of music.  But, I don't see you hanging out around the dorms trying to catch any of the kids that are probably doing that right now.

And again, you guys that are so mad by this haven't said anything in MMQB about the players that got DUIs.  I don't know about you but I rather someone give me a couple of fake 50s than drive next to me drunk.  I can make that money back in no time, I can't get my life back if a drunk driver hits me.

RME

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 04:38:25 pm
I like how in every one of your posts you want to try to challenge my intelligence and I've tried to keep it civil with you.  FYI, I've got a degree hanging up in my office, and I've got tons of academic awards laying around my house somewhere, and a nice paying job, I'm good bro, if you don't understand what I'm saying that's on you, the people I do business with and make money on understand me, that's all I'm worried about. But if it makes you feel better to think your somehow smarter than me, by all means boost your self esteem, you obviously need it. Especially since the highlight of your day is coming to a message board hoping for prison time on a college student.

Also, while you think your so smart, you really need to get out of the house some, you are way out of touch with college life. Do you know how many kids do stupid stuff while in college?  Underage drinking, smoking weed, fighting, hazing, vandalism, stealing, illegal downloading, DUI, and the list goes on, do you seriously think all of them premeditated that they would do something stupid in college?  You act like Beard sat and thought "Hey, I'm going to practice and get really good at basketball, so I can go to college exchange $300 in fake bills and get away with it."  Kids make mistakes, but apparently while you were working on your Doctorate in message board grammar you didn't have time to get into any trouble, so doesn't surprise me that you can't relate.

Graduated from the U of A this past May, and my 2 roommates now are still in college. I'm aware of college life, thank you.

Your ad hominem arguments, paired with your circular arguments, and evident self-promotion in your first paragraph are no longer worth my time. If you want to claim a moral victory because I am done with this silliness, then by all means do so. You win.

RME

Quote from: Wooderson on October 26, 2015, 04:54:07 pm

+1. Thank you.

-Blu

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 05:19:23 pm
Graduated from the U of A this past May, and my 2 roommates now are still in college. I'm aware of college life, thank you.

Your ad hominem arguments, paired with your circular arguments, and evident self-promotion in your first paragraph are no longer worth my time. If you want to claim a moral victory because I am done with this silliness, then by all means do so. You win.

Just cause you graduated, don't mean your in touch with college life.  You can sit in your dorm/apartment and never go out and do anything but study and not have a clue what's going on.  Did you go to any parties, did you pledge anything, did you hang out on Dickson, did you hang out on campus a lot, did you take road trips for Spring Break?  If your answer is yes to any of the questions, then your a huge hypocrite because that means you seen a ton of bad decisions being made. 

And I was trying to keep it civil with you, but your the one that took it personal level and tried to challenge my intelligence and correct my grammar on a sports message board. I guess cause you just got a degree you wanted to show off what you learned.

mhuff

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 06:08:49 pm
Just cause you graduated, don't mean your in touch with college life.  You can sit in your dorm/apartment and never go out and do anything but study and not have a clue what's going on.  Did you go to any parties, did you pledge anything, did you hang out on Dickson, did you hang out on campus a lot, did you take road trips for Spring Break?  If your answer is yes to any of the questions, then your a huge hypocrite because that means you seen a ton of bad decisions being made. 

And I was trying to keep it civil with you, but your the one that took it personal level and tried to challenge my intelligence and correct my grammar on a sports message board. I guess cause you just got a degree you wanted to show off what you learned.

First off, you're.

Quote from: -Blu on October 25, 2015, 12:17:59 am
Some of you guys are so dramatic.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

RME

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 06:08:49 pm

Never "challenged your intelligence." Offering a little grammatical helping hand isn't challenging your intelligence.

Also, it doesn't take a college degree to know the difference between "your" and "you're".

-Blu

I wondered how long it would be before HA started stalking me again.  I was just talking about this in PM when someone.  I knew once he smelled a potential bad season he'd be back in full force re-energized and in full stalker mode. 

-Blu

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2015, 06:45:11 pm
Never "challenged your intelligence." Offering a little grammatical helping hand isn't challenging your intelligence.

Also, it doesn't take a college degree to know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Your is so much more fun and it kills 2 birds with one stone it saves a couple of keystrokes and it bothers the grammar police people (such as yourself).  I'll continue to put your for all your and you are situations.  Like I said, when it costs me some money then I'll adjust, until then I'll do it that way.  I'm thinking about just using affect for all effect and affect situations as well, what do you think?

HoopS

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 06:51:08 pm
Your is so much more fun and it kills 2 birds with one stone it saves a couple of keystrokes and it bothers the grammar police people (such as yourself).  I'll continue to put your for all your and you are situations.  Like I said, when it costs me some money then I'll adjust, until then I'll do it that way.  I'm thinking about just using affect for all effect and affect situations as well, what do you think?
its you're call. Whatever you thing. They're is allways somebody gonna git there panties in a wad so just don't even wary about it. I've red alot of yor rightings and they mostly accredited

-Blu

Quote from: HoopS on October 26, 2015, 07:22:20 pm
its you're call. Whatever you thing. They're is allways somebody gonna git there panties in a wad so just don't even wary about it. I've red alot of yor rightings and they mostly accredited

lol

mhuff

mhuff

Quote from: HoopS on October 26, 2015, 07:22:20 pm

I seen what you did there, but it's intramural to me.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 06:46:25 pm
I wondered how long it would be before HA started stalking me again.  I was just talking about this in PM when someone.  I knew once he smelled a potential bad season he'd be back in full force re-energized and in full stalker mode. 

Who doesn't love a good ol' pointless, derailed, train wreck of a thread, full of Blu hypocrisy?

Quote from: -Blu on October 08, 2015, 03:40:20 pm
We have too many people on their high horses judging everyone and vilify anyone who doesn't agree with them.  What's funny about that is the people that are the most judgmental are usually the one's with the most to hide.

Porked Tongue

I'm going to kindly suggest you two find a way to ignore each other. If you have to, use the feature in your profile settings.

We're just not going to ruin thread after thread with this petty bickering between the two of you.  Take the high road.

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 26, 2015, 10:25:29 pm
Who doesn't love a good ol' pointless, derailed, train wreck of a thread, full of Blu hypocrisy?

If there is some hypocrisy to be found in my posts, your the man to find it, you know my post history like the back of your hand.  I bet you have my profile bookmarked, with quotes of mine just ready to use them, in hopes that I will respond to you.  It's hilarious that you've been stalking me for like 3 years now, I actually just removed you from my ignore list, think you've been on it like over a year now, and low and behold as soon as you're removed you didn't waste much time finding me again and picking up where you left off.  I don't know how many more times I can tell you, that I have no desire to have conversations with you.  Find someone else to be obsessed with. Oh and FYI back to the ignore list you go, have fun following me and responding and I never see any of it.

-Blu

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 26, 2015, 10:31:10 pm
I'm going to kindly suggest you two find a way to ignore each other. If you have to, use the feature in your profile settings.

We're just not going to ruin thread after thread with this petty bickering between the two of you.  Take the high road.

All joking aside.  How about doing something about stalkers around here?  You can go look at the guys post history from the past couple of years and see how he just follows me around.  Check our PMs that we've had, I've asked him to stop following me and put me on ignore.  I've put him on ignore yet every time I post his name would appear shortly after, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who he's trying to talk to.  I guess I embarrassed him like 3 years ago and he's made it his life mission to get revenge.

I'm willing to say if you ever see me quote or respond to HA again please give me a perma ban.  IP block me forever do what you have to do.  I just ask you get him to do the same thing, we have nothing to talk about.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: -Blu on October 26, 2015, 11:40:23 am

Blu,  I wish you were right on the 99.9% number but unfortunately half our 18 year old freshmen are going to college mostly because they really don't have a clear path on what to do with their lives yet.  I would guess that over 50% of all Freshman never graduate from college and drop out.  I wish we had better and cheaper options for our youth while in HS and beyond to help prepare them for jobs in High Tech, Plumbing, graphing, etc.   

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 26, 2015, 10:31:10 pm

Thank you.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

GuvHog

Quote from: spahoopsfan on October 26, 2015, 03:50:14 pm
I don't understand how people don't think "passing a few fake bills" is a problem. This isn't Miami.  If the justice system lets them off I don't have a problem with them trying to go to college and turning things around.  What I have a problem with is "representing" the university and the state.  1. They knew what they were doing.  2. They are not kids, they are adults  3. They can get a job even playing basketball.  I wish them luck, but I won't be rooting for them.

If they KNEW the bills were counterfeit when they passed them then they committed a Felony not only on the state level but on the Federal level too.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: GuvHog on October 27, 2015, 11:23:39 am
If they KNEW the bills were counterfeit when they passed them then they committed a Felony not only on the state level but on the Federal level too.

Yes, but the Feds haven't shown any inclination to indict for this incident.

GuvHog

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on October 27, 2015, 11:28:05 am
Yes, but the Feds haven't shown any inclination to indict for this incident.

True. It could be that they are letting the state have first shot.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: GuvHog on October 27, 2015, 11:29:36 am
True. It could be that they are letting the state have first shot.

That is highly, highly, highly, unlikely, because it never happens that way.

azhog10

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on October 27, 2015, 11:31:58 am
That is highly, highly, highly, unlikely, because it never happens that way.
Agreed. If they wanted it, they could have it.

Hog_Swanson

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

downsouthhawg72

A. Beard is playing this year.....all is good......Will get a slap on the wrist for being a 1st time'er so no need in anybody tripping out because (he will be playing)....That's the real news for any & everybody....
DownSouthHawg

jry04

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: jry04 on October 27, 2015, 12:14:30 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/oct/26/status-hearing-tuesday-three-charged-forgery/

Not sure if this has been posted, but the link says it is just a status hearing and no plea deal is expected.
So, the only thing we will know today is, the next court date?

HawgAdvocate

I'm no lawyer, but any chance of Beard playing this season would appear to mean he would need to withdraw his 'not guilty' plea and plead guilty, and accept whatever punishment the prosecutors' office is offering.

If there's no plea deal reached today, how can we expect Beard to go through the legal process and still play this season?