Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New video and sound system being installed at BWA

Started by ricepig, August 12, 2015, 08:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

September 24, 2015, 05:45:50 pm #50 Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:18:18 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 23, 2015, 05:00:49 pm
So funny to see all the UT banners for Women's bball and the nothing for men's

Including naming the court after Summit............She DID deserve that honor though.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

fieldturf

Where's the new HP printer going to be placed in the dressing room?

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: fieldturf on September 24, 2015, 08:43:06 pm
Where's the new HP printer going to be placed in the dressing room?

How long before there's a "Smite" app in the app store? I could use one here.

-1 every hour, on the hour.
::) >:(
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 24, 2015, 05:45:06 pm
Agree though I think 16K is about right.

As much as I liked Bud Walton when it was first built, my favorite is still Barnhill. Super loud. Robkin was wild. Wish we could recapture some of that to go along with the awesome new sound and video.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2015, 02:46:32 pm
They definitely upgraded. They are about to bowl in their new stadium too. With their recent win, money will be flowing in.

The Mannings (Archie and Eli) make sure Ole Miss has the money they need.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Cresthog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 25, 2015, 04:58:24 pm
The Mannings (Archie and Eli) make sure Ole Miss has the money they need.

You think Archie Manning is super rich?

He played in the NFL 30 years ago. They barely made anything. I mean I know he's not poor but his sons are worth probably 50-100x what he is worth.

Even Eli doesn't really have the money to be a LEGIT booster. The guys we're talking around throw Eli's net worth around for fun.

GuvHog

Quote from: Cresthog on September 29, 2015, 03:59:06 pm
You think Archie Manning is super rich?

He played in the NFL 30 years ago. They barely made anything. I mean I know he's not poor but his sons are worth probably 50-100x what he is worth.

Even Eli doesn't really have the money to be a LEGIT booster. The guys we're talking around throw Eli's net worth around for fun.

Surely you don't believe Archie has been sitting around doing nothing since he retired from Pro Football do you?? He's been a football commentator for years and owns his own restaurant too. He may not be super rich but he and his wife are very well off.

Cresthog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2015, 12:11:26 pm
Surely you don't believe Archie has been sitting around doing nothing since he retired from Pro Football do you?? He's been a football commentator for years and owns his own restaurant too. He may not be super rich but he and his wife are very well off.

Agree with that.

Your point made it seem like he was so rich, he was single handedly keeping the Ole Miss Football program afloat with his son.

The Touhey's probably donate more to be honest.

HoopS

Jump Ball - Home of your Ole Miss Rebel Football Discussion. Hotty Toddy, y'all.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cresthog on September 30, 2015, 02:04:51 pm
Agree with that.

Your point made it seem like he was so rich, he was single handedly keeping the Ole Miss Football program afloat with his son.

The Touhey's probably donate more to be honest.

Eat more taco's........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2015, 12:11:26 pm

To donate the kind of money the poster was referring to one would need to be super rich...............

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 01, 2015, 08:57:55 am
To donate the kind of money the poster was referring to one would need to be super rich...............

Eli likely donates a massive amount to Ole Miss just like his older brother Peyton does to Tennessee.

GuvHog

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the video screens they can post?

010HogFan

010HogFan

The_Iceman

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 13, 2015, 09:33:21 pm
saw this today. Looks great

And I think that is from a side view (goal). It might be longer on the sideline (bench) view.

hawginbigd1

I just want to know is the ball still up there?

010HogFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 14, 2015, 11:18:46 am
I just want to know is the ball still up there?

I heard they took it down and it will have "its own place" somewhere...I'm assuming in glass.

greasy_corner

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 13, 2015, 09:33:21 pm
saw this today. Looks great

That does look great.  Thanks for the pic.  I hope they leave the ribbon banners down for good, and replace them with more traditional banners as well.  Clean look.

The_Iceman

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 15, 2015, 11:36:27 am
That does look great.  Thanks for the pic.  I hope they leave the ribbon banners down for good, and replace them with more traditional banners as well.  Clean look.

The rafters were a mess. You would look up there and couldn't tell what we have accomplished and when. We need a clean banner look. On one side, we need to hang our 6 Final Four Banners clearly in a row like this:

Leave the 1994 Banners the way they are. Make one big banner to put all of our SWC Conference Championships by year.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 15, 2015, 01:32:09 pm
The rafters were a mess. You would look up there and couldn't tell what we have accomplished and when. We need a clean banner look. On one side, we need to hang our 6 Final Four Banners clearly in a row like this:

Leave the 1994 Banners the way they are. Make one big banner to put all of our SWC Conference Championships by year.

Sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to seeing and hearing how all the upgrades add to the environment during a game.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on October 13, 2015, 11:27:33 am
Eli likely donates a massive amount to Ole Miss just like his older brother Peyton does to Tennessee.

I'd bet it isn't as much as a whole lot of other boosters though...........................

010HogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 15, 2015, 01:32:09 pm

THIS. I always thought our banners were goofy looking...you had to search for a minute or two just to find our national championship banner. Definitely needs a cleanup.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 16, 2015, 09:25:05 am
THIS. I always thought our banners were goofy looking...you had to search for a minute or two just to find our national championship banner. Definitely needs a cleanup.

Seriously. There was absolutely no organization. I thought the retired jersey banners were just kind of thrown up there in the middle of everything. I've never seen another arena as bad as ours in that respect.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

The_Iceman