Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 17, 2024, 10:07:49 pm

Quotes in paper

Started by hawgfan4life, September 29, 2017, 07:24:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

RB coach apologizes for CH not getting enough touches in the TCU game.  They then came up with the wildcat package for him.  That is all well, but now that defenses have seen it, will it be effective.  When you are scheming to trick a defense, that is a poor reflection of your offense in many cases.  Didn't they do this with Hammonds a few plays?  They were trying to figure how to get him touches last year about this time too.  They still haven't solved that puzzle.  Kid is a highlight waiting to happen and they can't find any ways to get him touches.

Enid bragged on how smart A&M was for putting two of their best DTs on our true freshman.  I said I would do that right after the TCU game.  BB is crying about trying to get some older players ready, but they aren't better options.  Year 5 for hi, year 2 for OL coach, and year 3 for OC and they can't get a consistent OL package together.  We are almost last in the nation in pass protection. 

Stop talking, apologizing, making excuses, and get results.

rhames

So we shouldn't do things because then defenses will see the new things and figure it out?

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Redhogs

Quote from: hawgfan4life on September 29, 2017, 07:24:19 am
RB coach apologizes for CH not getting enough touches in the TCU game.  They then came up with the wildcat package for him.  That is all well, but now that defenses have seen it, will it be effective.  When you are scheming to trick a defense, that is a poor reflection of your offense in many cases.  Didn't they do this with Hammonds a few plays?  They were trying to figure how to get him touches last year about this time too.  They still haven't solved that puzzle.  Kid is a highlight waiting to happen and they can't find any ways to get him touches.

Enid bragged on how smart A&M was for putting two of their best DTs on our true freshman.  I said I would do that right after the TCU game.  BB is crying about trying to get some older players ready, but they aren't better options.  Year 5 for hi, year 2 for OL coach, and year 3 for OC and they can't get a consistent OL package together.  We are almost last in the nation in pass protection. 

Bert's not capable obviously...5 years of this clueless crap. Get's out coached every damn game. Are we having fun yet?   :-\ :-\
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Due to the Big Name with past history backup of BB, I just couldn't believe he didn't have a clue in many things  an old man has seen High School coaches know and act on.  I finally arrived that he had to be extremely lazy, yet people that are claiming to be in the know say he isn't lazy.  So I would now guess he just doesn't know what a coach of his stature should know.

When you have no chance of having the best talent on the field such as an inferior O-line, Lou Holtz says you get off the bus, throwing the ball.  Dummy me says at least try multiple backs with motion which the Wildcat can do.  DO NOT JUST LINE UP, BASICALLY POINT TO WHERE YOU PLAN TO RUN IT WITH ONE BACK AND VERY LITTLE OLINE AND HOSS IT UP IN THERE AND GET IT SMASHED. 

One thing I feel sure about is the #1 problem this team has is a fragile attitude.  They get this from failure after failure of what they try to do.  I have no faith this staff even knows the value of each player on the team.  What they can do, what they can't do.  This too little, too late crap just drives me crazy.  Admit, its easier to know what you should have done in hindsight than what you you should do beforehand.  This qualifies you for immediate Hogville membership.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: rhames on September 29, 2017, 07:36:30 am
So we shouldn't do things because then defenses will see the new things and figure it out?

Shouldn't do things that sets your player up for failure when anybody with a brain can conclude what will happen.

#1Fan

Don't worry, he said on his show last night that he's going to fix the special teams problem by adding in more freshman.  That should solve it.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on September 29, 2017, 07:36:30 am
Those who make excuses for losing are enablers!

buldozer

CBB has become an apologist. This is proof positive he has mostly given up. Rather than get an OL coach to fix a glaring problem, he has his OC to put a flee flicker in and a wild hog. Both gimmicks will not fix any problems, and will just work a time or two until our opponents see the film.  Much like his fake punt a few years ago. I am waiting for that to come back any time.

Swestwill66

Quote from: #1Fan on September 29, 2017, 11:19:35 am
Don't worry, he said on his show last night that he's going to fix the special teams problem by adding in more freshman.  That should solve it.
[/quote

It's " we're crappy, why aren't they playing those talented freshmen we signed last year? " or "we're crappy, why are they playing those freshmen over those talented guys we signed a couple years ago ?"]

ballz2thewall

Quote from: 12247 on September 29, 2017, 08:00:33 am
Due to the Big Name with past history backup of BB, I just couldn't believe he didn't have a clue in many things  an old man has seen High School coaches know and act on.  I finally arrived that he had to be extremely lazy, yet people that are claiming to be in the know say he isn't lazy.  So I would now guess he just doesn't know what a coach of his stature should know.

When you have no chance of having the best talent on the field such as an inferior O-line, Lou Holtz says you get off the bus, throwing the ball.  Dummy me says at least try multiple backs with motion which the Wildcat can do.  DO NOT JUST LINE UP, BASICALLY POINT TO WHERE YOU PLAN TO RUN IT WITH ONE BACK AND VERY LITTLE OLINE AND HOSS IT UP IN THERE AND GET IT SMASHED. 

One thing I feel sure about is the #1 problem this team has is a fragile attitude.  They get this from failure after failure of what they try to do.  I have no faith this staff even knows the value of each player on the team.  What they can do, what they can't do.  This too little, too late crap just drives me crazy.  Admit, its easier to know what you should have done in hindsight than what you you should do beforehand.  This qualifies you for immediate Hogville membership.

check my posts for weeks. lazy lazy lazy written all through them.

i know it when i see it.
The rest of the frog.

PorkSoda

Quote from: buldozer on September 29, 2017, 12:53:35 pm
CBB has become an apologist. This is proof positive he has mostly given up. Rather than get an OL coach to fix a glaring problem, he has his OC to put a flee flicker in and a wild hog. Both gimmicks will not fix any problems, and will just work a time or two until our opponents see the film.  Much like his fake punt a few years ago. I am waiting for that to come back any time.
damn you guys are so desperate that you complain even when he does something good.  give credit where credit is due, give critiques where they are due, but to criticize indiscriminately is more a reflection of you.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

sowmonella

It's happend. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Please stop the constant complaining and let's see where the rest of the season takes us.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: sowmonella on September 29, 2017, 06:16:05 pm
It's happend. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Please stop the constant complaining and let's see where the rest of the season takes us
Are you happy with the season so far? We started 1-2 a few years ago and salvaged an 8 win season. For that time it was satisfactory because we improved and were trending up. Now in year 5 after we took a step back in wins last year we have the same record. Thats not ok. CBB is all for staying on schedule but the wins do not reflect than we're on schedule or trending up.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

PorkSoda

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on September 29, 2017, 06:44:04 pm
Are you happy with the season so far? We started 1-2 a few years ago and salvaged an 8 win season. For that time it was satisfactory because we improved and were trending up. Now in year 5 after we took a step back in wins last year we have the same record. Thats not ok. CBB is all for staying on schedule but the wins do not reflect than we're on schedule or trending up.
I think its safe to say we are not on schedule nor trending up.  that does not mean its impossible to turn things around.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

farmhawg

Yep. Perfect move when you don't have a clue.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgfan4life on September 29, 2017, 07:24:19 am

LOL

wachhog

Quote from: buldozer on September 29, 2017, 12:53:35 pm
Bret was all about Barry. Jeff lends credence to that old saying...

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: sowmonella on September 29, 2017, 06:16:05 pm
It's happend. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Please stop the constant complaining and let's see where the rest of the season takes us.
I'll give you a over/under number on of UA wins this year where one of has to win....whoever loses the bet has to change his Hogville name...I have going on 18k posts with mine and you are going on 6k with yours yet I'm willing to bet straight up...I'll set the number of wins at 6.5 and I'll take the under....care to wager ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jkstock04

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 29, 2017, 07:45:05 pm
I'll give you a over/under number on of UA wins this year where one of has to win....whoever loses the bet has to change his Hogville name...I have going on 18k posts with mine and you are going on 6k with yours yet I'm willing to bet straight up...I'll set the number of wins at 6.5 and I'll take the under....care to wager ?
Pretty sure I remember him starting a thread guaranteeing 10 wins this year. See, that's the kind of stuff that I remember. These guys come in now and call those complaining "lunatics." But he's the smart, logical, level headed type guaranteeing 10 wins in the offseason.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PossumFan

Wait a minute. I thought he only played upperclassmen even when there were better freshmen behind them.

hoglady

Someone should have asked why anyone should have faith it's getting fixed now - it's year 5.
Special teams have been a problem every season he's been here - I don't think we've ever such poor special teams. Kickoffs, field goals, kick returns, punt returns and coverage. All bad. We've had good punting and that's it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 29, 2017, 08:31:38 pm
Pretty sure I remember him starting a thread guaranteeing 10 wins this year. See, that's the kind of stuff that I remember. These guys come in now and call those complaining "lunatics." But he's the smart, logical, level headed type guaranteeing 10 wins in the offseason.
I started a thread guaranteeing 10 wins this season or the guy I was responding to with the offer of a bet ?  I never said we'd win 10 games this season. And if I did, I need to get back on my meds.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.