Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

REPORT: Chavis "In & Working" for Arkansas

Started by gdumont, January 02, 2018, 06:42:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

It's being reported that Texas A&M will hire the LSU DC.

bcdrules

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 03, 2018, 09:04:33 pm

Now being reported that he is staying at LSU

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 03, 2018, 09:04:33 pm
Negative, staying at LSU

Hawg Life

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 03, 2018, 09:16:17 pm
Negative, staying at LSU

They upped the $$$$$ to $2.25M and will go up to $2.5M.. he's gone!!!! Unless, LSU matches the $$$$. He'd make more than Mason and Odom who are head SEC coaches!!!!

PonderinHog

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 03, 2018, 09:25:32 pm
They upped the $$$$$ to $2.25M and will go up to $2.5M.. he's gone!!!!
Ed Orgeron literally just announced that Dave has agreed to stay at LSU. So no, he isnt gone   

hogcam

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 03, 2018, 09:25:32 pm
They upped the $$$$$ to $2.25M and will go up to $2.5M.. he's gone!!!!
Yeah but LSU upped it to 2.5

hawg1221

Wow. I saw it on ESPN's bottom line and assumed it was true.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 03, 2018, 09:43:20 pm
Wow. I saw it on ESPN's bottom line and assumed it was true.
I think at one time it was true, until LSU countered with their offer

Hawg Life

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 03, 2018, 09:45:59 pm
I think at one time it was true, until LSU countered with their offer

It was but LSU countered and his contract is fully guaranteed for 4 years. If they fire him he's still paid in full. I don't blame him for staying.

cram224

What if keeping Chavis is the best option aTm has? What does that do to us?

hawg1221

Quote from: cram224 on January 03, 2018, 11:17:35 pm

That's what I'm thinking.

cram224

Even if aTm offered $2m who is available to take it. Most big time DC are already tied up with buyouts. Then you have Bama still looking I think. At this point in time an up and comer that is a stud recruiter maybe our best way to go.

hawg1221

Quote from: cram224 on January 03, 2018, 11:37:28 pm
Even if aTm offered $2m who is available to take it. Most big time DC are already tied up with buyouts. Then you have Bama still looking I think. At this point in time an up and comer that is a stud recruiter maybe our best way to go.

With so many reports about Chavis to Arkansas out there, it sure makes you wonder.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 02, 2018, 07:39:49 pm
He's mashing his food up before supper time.

I have a feeling you're gonna wind up with a geriatric style cane whoopin one of these days if you spout your mouth off at old people the way you type stupid stuff on Hogville...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SemperFi

Somebody tell Dick Labeau that age is a detriment to doing one's job. Chavis has forgotten more about defense than most even know. If there is anyone that can right this ship on the defensive side of the ball then Coach Chavis can. He fields an attacking defense that allows the players to play downhill instead of on their heels. If he has the desire then we need his knowledge. So, stop bitching and moaning about the man before he fields his first defense for the Hogs if in fact he is to be our next DC.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jkstock04

January 04, 2018, 09:14:50 am #117 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:25:20 am by jkstock04
Quote from: cram224 on January 03, 2018, 11:17:35 pm
This couldn't be...he's already here working incognito and has been for a week or so. It's just one of those smokescreeny double super secret source things.

Once again, I'm not understanding the logic of holding back the formal announcement. Assuming this ever was a real thing to begin with, it looks obvious to me at best the kinks haven't been worked out to make it final.

Going back a few days ago, supposedly "today" (Thursday) was the day for the formal announcement. We shall see.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 04, 2018, 09:14:50 am
This couldn't be...he's already here working incognito and has been for a week or so. It's just one of those smokescreeny double super secret source things.

Once again, I'm not understanding the logic of holding back the formal announcement. Assuming this ever was a real thing to begin with, it looks obvious to me at best the kinks haven't been worked out to make it final.

Going back a few days ago, supposedly "today" (Thursday) was the day for the formal announcement. We shall see.
He can't be working for us officially, it would jeopardize our relationship with some recruits. Right now, it's a lawyer thing, we don't wish to pay a buyout, not does aTm. Hopefully, it's soon.

There is no doubt that this current group of hires and speculated hires could fail.  There is evidence that could lead one to believe that it is likely. 

But be honest with yourself, pick us a complete staff that, WE COULD ACTUALLY GET TO COME HERE, that across the board, is better.

What i do like about Chad Morris is that he appears to have energy.  He appears to understand that what worked yesterday, may not work today.  He seems to refuse to be denied.  If I am correct, then many things will take care of themselves.  Things like hiring assistants.  Nothing would drive Morris to crazy quicker than a bunch of limpd--k assistants.  So to stay out of the nuthouse, he will correct those type mistakes for his own personal reasons.  Morris isn't going to try and out BAMA, BAMA.  This tells me he is smart enough to pour Miss from a boot without the directions on the heel.  He appears to choose to lead.  I am positive he will often lead us into horrible positions, along with sometimes leading us to victories we should never have gotten.  I believe Morris will keep his mouth shut and let actions speak for themselves.  I believe Morris will work hard.  That alone does not guarantee success but it is one necessary element of success that you must have along with outhouse luck. 

I do not claim that Morris will be the Guy but he at least has some of the tangibles necessary to be the Guy.

Wild Bill Hog

31to6

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 03, 2018, 06:17:06 pm
The flip side of that is that while they applied more pressure in terms of sacks and TFL, they were also soft in run defense, #70 at 171 p/gm (but we were #97 at 196 p/gm LY), their pass yards allowed was ranked #85 at 238 p/gm (ours was #92 at 242 p/gm), but was #31 in 3rd down conversions allowed (compared to our #121), but were bad in RZ Defense ranking #122 and allowing 38 TD's and 11 FG's, .907 (compared to our #125 allowing 34 TD's and 14 FG's, .923).

So there is good and bad and we have to keep in mind that he did this with higher ranked recruiting classes than we had.
The Aggies were soft and undisciplined under Sumlin. Lots of talent, but it seemed that the talent was only interested in racking up stats. Only way to explain all those NFL linemen with all those sacks but with terrible run defense. Both under Chavis and before him.

DC can't impose discipline if the HC undermines it.

kp72204

Is it possible that they hold on to Chavis (at the very least) till after recruiting is completed? Possibly all year untill there next candidate is available. Also, what does that do for all the (air quotes) "staff" that has been put together?

Wild Bill Hog

HogginUp

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 12:37:55 pm
So, announcements today or not?
There's a staff meeting today @ 4pm. Surely we will hear something official tomorrow.

Tim Harris

Quote from: HogginUp on January 04, 2018, 12:46:52 pm
There's a staff meeting today @ 4pm. Surely we will hear something official tomorrow.

If there is a staff meeting today we should have an official announcement today.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Thank God, my boss has told me if my productivity does not improve I'm out.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 04, 2018, 12:58:42 pm
If there is a staff meeting today we should have an official announcement today.

If they all are on-board today.

Hogwild

Quote from: HogginUp on January 04, 2018, 12:46:52 pm

I hope, starting to worry if Miles does get the Arizona job will he look at Chavis as his DC.  Miles has stated that he would like to bring Freeze on has his OC.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Arizona-Wildcats-Les-Miles-have-mutual-interest-after-Rich-Rodriguez-departure-113151594

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 04, 2018, 12:59:40 pm

Glad I'm my own boss!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Hogwild on January 04, 2018, 01:37:11 pm
I hope, starting to worry if Miles does get the Arizona job will he look at Chavis as his DC.  Miles has stated that he would like to bring Freeze on has his OC.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Arizona-Wildcats-Les-Miles-have-mutual-interest-after-Rich-Rodriguez-departure-113151594

Source tells me that, contrary to reports, Les Miles is NOT looking at Hugh Freeze as a potential offensive coordinator should he get the Arizona job.

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/948999033380589568

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 04, 2018, 12:59:40 pm

You gonna spill the terms of your buyout or do we have to FOI it?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 01:47:02 pm
You gonna spill the terms of your buyout or do we have to FOI it?

I got a sweet deal that's for sure.  Told him that Texas Ammo and Paper was after me.  Got an extra week of vacation, Moon Pie's in the break room, and fully stocked mini fridge with Fresca.  If they fire me for convenience I get 3 cases of said Moon Pie's.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 04, 2018, 01:51:30 pm
I got a sweet deal that's for sure.  Told him that Texas Ammo and Paper was after me.  Got an extra week of vacation, Moon Pie's in the break room, and fully stocked mini fridge with Fresca.  If they fire me for convenience I get 3 cases of said Moon Pie's.

Double Decker Banana?

Tim Harris

For those saying we can't hire him until A&M hires someone then we should know soon.

Texas A&M: Billy Liucci tweets that Notre Dame defensive coordinator Mike Elko is heading to Texas A&M as defensive coordinator and to "expect an official announcement shortly." Read more here.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Hogwild on January 04, 2018, 01:37:11 pm

MIles and Chavis did not end on good terms. Chavis was very frustrated that he was fielding elite defenses and Miles was squandering everything because he would not let his OCs do their job.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Inhogswetrust

Bad deal without Fresca to go with the 3 moon pie cases!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HawgWild

opineonswine

TexAgs (@TexAgs)
1/4/18, 1:54 PM
BREAKING: Notre Dame's Mike Elko will be Texas A&M's new defensive coordinator. texags.com/s/26432/texas-...

huntindoc

sowmonella

Sweet. Need a good DC?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

wwrogers5

A @ M just hired Notre Dames defensive coordinator, so Chavis is out of a job.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: wwrogers5 on January 04, 2018, 04:03:49 pm
A @ M just hired Notre Dames defensive coordinator, so Chavis is out of a job.

Really?

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 09:47:46 am
He can't be working for us officially, it would jeopardize our relationship with some recruits. Right now, it's a lawyer thing, we don't wish to pay a buyout, not does aTm. Hopefully, it's soon.

Chavis is just hanging out in NE Oklahoma....you know it and I know it. He's not 'officially' working for us, but his office phone is going crazy. Other job offers on the table, Chief is considering his options.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2018, 04:06:02 pm
Chavis is just hanging out in NE Oklahoma....you know it and I know it. He's not 'officially' working for us, but his office phone is going crazy. Other job offers on the table, Chief is considering his options.

No wonder they call him Chief........He's in Oklahoma. Now it makes sense!

GuvHog

Quote from: twistitup on January 04, 2018, 04:06:02 pm

That's interesting. Pig Trail nation reported Tuesday that Chavis is already on campus at Arkansas and working.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 05:19:38 pm
That's interesting. Pig Trail nation reported Tuesday that Chavis is already on campus at Arkansas and working.
No....Pig Trail repeated a tweet from FootballScoop that he was, not the same thing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 05:43:21 pm
No....Pig Trail repeated a tweet from FootballScoop that he was, not the same thing.

I guess that means Pig Trail Nation has no credibility anymore.................................

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 05:48:21 pm
I guess that means Pig Trail Nation has no credibility anymore.................................

That is only a rumor.