Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average age in the FaG Forum

Started by RazorPiggie, July 10, 2013, 12:14:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

I'm wondering if I'm falling behind in getting a membership. Some of you don't seem that old and seem like you are members at nice courses. Is this true?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

RazorPiggie

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 10, 2013, 12:14:52 pm
34. member at cvcc

For some reason I was thinking you were younger.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

widespreadsooie

RazorPiggie

How much is CVCC? I played there once when I was in Jr golf but that's been a day or two ago.

userpick

23- wherever I can get the hook up

Wildhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on July 10, 2013, 12:23:00 pm
How much is CVCC? I played there once when I was in Jr golf but that's been a day or two ago.

Jr membership is like $150/month
1909/1964/1965/1977

userpick

Quote from: Wildhog on July 10, 2013, 12:26:31 pm
Jr membership is like $150/month

That's basically the same price as HSCC

RazorPiggie

RazorPiggie

Eagle Crest is only $100 a month and if you do a corporate membership (4 people joining at once) is only $900 up front for the year. Just can't convince, my wife of a month, to letting me join haha.

pigme82

31. Hurricane and Hot Springs Village

colbs

26-Not a member of anywhere yet, but trying to talk my wife into me getting a membership at Hurricane.  It is $125 for the JR membership.

Stang1970

Hawgndaaz

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

JHESTER

CallThemHawgs!

CallThemHawgs!

Memberships are an absolute must if you want to be anything more than a weekend warrior, imo

RazorPiggie

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on July 10, 2013, 01:36:52 pm
Memberships are an absolute must if you want to be anything more than a weekend warrior, imo

Agreed. I can count on one hand how many times I've played golf this year. Been pretty bad. Had too much crap happening, guess that's what happens when you get married.

RazorPiggie

Everyone is a lot younger than I thought. I've probably played some golf with some of you suckers before.

rcopela

49 - Paradise Valley (In my prime)

JTRogers7

Turned 25 today.  No membership but live at a Lindsey apt complex.

userpick

Quote from: JTRogers7 on July 10, 2013, 02:01:40 pm
Turned 25 today.  No membership but live at a Lindsey apt complex.

Happy birthday man. You and the lady got any big plans?

jacobp

32. was on a family membership at Squire Creek and about to transfer to my own Jr. Membership until I moved back to NWA. I'm looking to join somewhere up here within the year.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on July 10, 2013, 12:35:14 pm
Eagle Crest is only $100 a month and if you do a corporate membership (4 people joining at once) is only $900 up front for the year. Just can't convince, my wife of a month, to letting me join haha.
now might be the best time, women aren't keen about looking like fools and divorcing that quickly

but it's a woman, so it's anybodies guess

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

41- Bushwood CC and Condominiums

PP

Wildhog

Quote from: jacobp on July 10, 2013, 02:10:43 pm
32. was on a family membership at Squire Creek and about to transfer to my own Jr. Membership until I moved back to NWA. I'm looking to join somewhere up here within the year.

Gotta recommend Paradise Valley.  Those greens are perfect.  I mean...perfect.  Love the layout, too. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boarcephus

What's CVCC? 

Getting ready to hit 60 in 02/14 and I've been playing Paradise Valley for years.   For some reason, I never really get tired of playing that course.  Slipping up to Lost Springs Sunday since they have a tournament at PV this weekend.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

jacobp

Quote from: Wildhog on July 10, 2013, 02:19:45 pm
Gotta recommend Paradise Valley.  Those greens are perfect.  I mean...perfect.  Love the layout, too. 
I've heard good things. Only thing being that I'm in rogers/Bentonville and would prefer something closer. would be easier to persuade the wife

rcopela

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 10, 2013, 02:28:25 pm
What's CVCC? 

Getting ready to hit 60 in 02/14 and I've been playing Paradise Valley for years.   For some reason, I never really get tired of playing that course.  Slipping up to Lost Springs Sunday since they have a tournament at PV this weekend.
I've played it at least 1000 times, look forward to it every time, can't say that about many courses...

RazorPiggie

Quote from: jacobp on July 10, 2013, 02:41:39 pm
I've heard good things. Only thing being that I'm in rogers/Bentonville and would prefer something closer. would be easier to persuade the wife

Lost Springs wasn't too bad last time I played it.

Paradise is really nice tho. 

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: jacobp on July 10, 2013, 02:41:39 pm

Join Lost Springs, then you can play Paradise whenever you are in town and just pay cart fee.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: rcopela on July 10, 2013, 02:42:11 pm
I've played it at least 1000 times, look forward to it every time, can't say that about many courses...

I agree, the layout just plays well. I enjoy it every time.

jacobp

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on July 10, 2013, 02:53:49 pm
Join Lost Springs, then you can play Paradise whenever you are in town and just pay cart fee.
I just can't make myself like Lost Springs

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: jacobp on July 10, 2013, 02:59:22 pm
I just can't make myself like Lost Springs

Well, I cant either. I played there once and that was it for me. Paradise is a much better course and worth the drive.

jacobp

I'd make the drive with no worries at all. Just looking out for the wife. Don't know if she'd want to drive 20 minutes (if theres no traffic) to be able to hit the gym, pool, whatever.

I think i'm going to spend the rest of the year just playing whatever courses I can get on and make a decision about membership sometime next year.
Since moving back, I've only played Big Sugar, the Creeks and Stonebridge. I need to branch out.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

alwaysondbigscreen

49   eagle crest
look out bishes im reloading thru ebay. im about to shut down the paypal servers
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

GolfNut57

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 10, 2013, 02:28:25 pm
What's CVCC? 

Whew......Thank God I am not the oldest one here. 55 going 56 in Oct with no current membership at a course. Mainly play the central AR courses.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hogfan98

GolfNut57

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on July 10, 2013, 03:49:00 pm
49   eagle crest
look out bishes im reloading thru ebay. im about to shut down the paypal servers

Have any luck recapturing your stolen clubs?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: GolfNut57 on July 10, 2013, 03:52:19 pm
Have any luck recapturing your stolen clubs?
nope
I dont know if i mentioned it but they also stole 1 of my golf shoes.
So if youall know anyone that goes by stumpy, thats swingin some new sticks and is wearing 1 adidas golf shoe with orange stripes call me

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on July 10, 2013, 03:49:00 pm
49   eagle crest
what's the latest on your clubs issue?

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on July 10, 2013, 03:58:01 pm
nope
I dont know if i mentioned it but they also stole 1 of my golf shoes.
So if youall know anyone that goes by stumpy, thats swingin some new sticks and is wearing 1 adidas golf shoe with orange stripes call me
burnt orange?

PP

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 10, 2013, 04:05:59 pm
burnt orange?

PP
not texas orange, just butt ugly orange, they were on clearance.
but now i got a new bag, its cool it spins. a new (to me) driver, irons, and golf shoes
im gonna look like the biggest goober on the course.
so really nuthin new

Jackrabbit Hog

52.  Was a member at Greystone (north of Cabot) until I moved to Memphis in '05.  Not a member anywhere anymore. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.