Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stats show the truth

Started by lutherheggs, December 30, 2016, 01:16:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lutherheggs

First downs: Hogs 14  Va Tech 25  (Hogs had 1 rushing first down)

3rd down efficiency: Hogs 2 for 14  Va Tech 7 for 15

Rushing: Hogs 36 yds  Va Tech 159

Penalties: Hogs 12 for 75 yds  Va Tech 4 for 45 yds

Turnovers: Hogs 4  Va Tech 2d

Va Tech had 402 yds total offense

Sacks given up: Hogs 6  Va Tech 4

Looks like the Arkansas line could neither run block nor protect the passer. Little wonder the offense did nothing after first 20 min.

When Hogs cannot run the ball, you can count on it being a loss. At 10:05 of 2nd Q, Hogs were up 24-0. Last 40 min were all Va Tech.

ChicoHog

And we never seem to be able to run the ball against the better defenses.  All about the blocking.  Games are won and lost in the trenches.

Tejano Jawg

Why am I so wrong about this?—if there was ANYTHING I should be able to count on, it would be the balls-out play of our offensive line. They have been so brutally inconsistent (and that may be the highest compliment i can give them) and at times, poor. The fact we were beaten at the line so many times is hard to swallow.

Also, the penalties. 75 yards is practically one touchdown drive you didn't get, or you gave to the other team. Many of these were on our line.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

moses_007

It hurt immensely that Sprinkle was sent home and didn't play in this game.  His replacements in the second half had all kinds of miscues, tipped passes that led to interceptions, and all kinds of false starts. 

What in hell did Sprinkle do to be sent home?  It's one reason why we lost. 

3kgthog

Quote from: moses_007 on December 30, 2016, 02:46:02 am
It hurt immensely that Sprinkle was sent home and didn't play in this game.  His replacements in the second half had all kinds of miscues, tipped passes that led to interceptions, and all kinds of false starts. 

What in hell did Sprinkle do to be sent home?  It's one reason why we lost.

Really? The dude's a thief. Steal from the bowl sponsor and that'll get you sent home every time.

code red

Still yet....Let Toby Baker win the football game for ya.  We should have ran the football every play in the second half...And we win.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou