Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As a Hog fan, is 12/29/16 more embarrassing than 9/5/92?

Started by dh027, December 29, 2016, 10:21:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dh027

On September 5, 1992, a heavily favored Razorback team in their first game as an SEC member lost to The Citadel 10-3 in Fayetteville.  A day later coach Jack Crowe "quit".  It came out later that he was forced to quit by Broyles.

Today, it came out that we had a star player steal $260 worth of merchandise from the title sponsor of the bowl and get suspended (rightfully), the team gave up a 24 point lead at the half and lost by 11, and a player spit in the face of someone from the opposing team. 

As a Razorback fan, which is more embarrassing?  Maybe my answer will change with the passage of time, but right now I say today.

NuttinItUp

(notOM)Rebel123

Why are you embarassed? Did you play or coach in the game?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogs958

both embarrassing in different ways. I am disgusted that his happened after the meltdown against Missouri. No excuse for any of this.

dh027

Pigdiana Jones

This is far worse than the citadel. It doesn't compare.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Tejano Jawg

I thought Nutt had half a dozen losses worse than The Citadel. So now, the line forms to the left.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

RollHogTide

A coach can't be held responsible for a player stealing or spitting; however, he is very much responsible for not taking control of HIS team when they are struggling.  I like CBB, I really do - but, it has become apparent that he is a terrible game time coach.  I have NEVER seen a coach so disengaged from his coaches and players as CBB during a game.  With the exception of his "look at me" or "rah-rah" moments, I do not believe I have ever seen him coach a player on the sideline.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

depressed_fan

Quote from: dh027 on December 29, 2016, 10:21:20 pm
On September 5, 1992, a heavily favored Razorback team in their first game as an SEC member lost to The Citadel 10-3 in Fayetteville.  A day later coach Jack Crowe "quit".  It came out later that he was forced to quit by Broyles.

Today, it came out that we had a star player steal $260 worth of merchandise from the title sponsor of the bowl and get suspended (rightfully), the team gave up a 24 point lead at the half and lost by 11, and a player spit in the face of someone from the opposing team. 

As a Razorback fan, which is more embarrassing?  Maybe my answer will change with the passage of time, but right now I say today.

Your sort of comparing apples to oranges throwing in the off the field stuff, and an unsportsmanlike play.  Giving up a 24 lead happens all the time. Ole Miss blew several of them this year. That's nothing to be embarrassed about is it? we lost by 11 to the ACC runner up. We won the first half they won the second half. That's how I see it. People will forget the shop lifting. There's a technical name for a petty shop lifter that steals little things on impulse called kleptomaniac. I had a girlfriend that used to do that about once ever 6 months and she'd have money to buy the stuff. It's no big deal b/c they took the merchandise back. Get banned from the store, apologize, get probation. Spitting is fine I spit in peoples faces I don't like all the time.

dh027

Ok.  I'll rephrase my original question.  For those of us old enough to remember the Citadel loss, do you feel worse right now or did you after the '92 game?

Atlhogfan1

I have little respect for the VT program compared to the hype but it wasn't embarrassing losing to them. Losing the way we did was. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BentonvilleJeff

I'm old enough to remember. Citadel game sucked, but you knew Frank would handle it and he did.
This game was a catastrophe. Don't know yet what to think, but Jeff Long better know. He's a millionaire and if he wants to keep his salary he better figure it out.
And to answer your question today pissed me off more.

HoggieStyle

The issue was addressed after the Citadel game.

It won't be addressed after tonight.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

devildoghawg

Quote from: RollHogTide on December 29, 2016, 10:42:27 pm
A coach can't be held responsible for a player stealing or spitting; however, he is very much responsible for not taking control of HIS team when they are struggling.  I like CBB, I really do - but, it has become apparent that he is a terrible game time coach.  I have NEVER seen a coach so disengaged from his coaches and players as CBB during a game.  With the exception of his "look at me" or "rah-rah" moments, I do not believe I have ever seen him coach a player on the sideline.

bull, a coach is directly responsible for how his players act on and off the field.  He is supposed to be setting he example, and elevating standards that no one on his roster would dream of doing these kind of things.  He doesn't have control of this team, and the players quitter attitude is a direct reflection of his little sideline solo show in the second half.  Things started going bad, and he put himself in a corner and sulked while his team imploded on the field.  I am so freaking sick and tired of hearing people say that players making mistakes are not the coaches fault.  If everything went to a coaches plan, no one would ever lose, but real coaches overcome adversity, VT coaching showed what that looked like tonight.  We showed what piss poor leadership and bad attitudes look like.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.