Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IMO there is another 800lbs gorilla that no one is talking about

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, December 29, 2016, 10:15:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

As long as the Hogs cannot run the ball effectively and must rely on the passing game, the opposite DCs will adjust to our passing game at half-time and find ways to put AA under pressure in the second half. Consequently, our lack of offensive production, the opponent's TOP, and the adjustments made by the opposing OCs will tire and expose our D in the second half.

With our o-line and RBs we should had been able to cruise in the 2nd half against Mizzou and VT, but the running game never got going in either game. That is really troublesome.

ThisTeetsTaken

I think they said we outweighed VT's DL by an average of 50lbs. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

3of5-2

When I saw 800 lb. gorilla, I thought you were talking about CBB.

lasthog

razorhog52

Bret is only 400 pounds. Granted, he was 300 when we hired him and will be 500 by next season. He'll be 800 by the time his buy out is reasonable.

PorkRinds

It's exactly the problem. We aren't a pass only team, but we couldn't get any sort of running game going.  We should be able to feed RWIII and Whaley all day, but we can't. It's got to be fixed.

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

3of5-2

NuttinItUp

If we could get some 800 lb gorilla lineman, I wouldn't worry so much.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on December 29, 2016, 10:20:03 pm
Truth.  Gotta run the ball.  No push.  Idk why
On 9 out of 10 run plays they had at least one extra defender than we could block, we should have been able to pass for 700 yards, but QB and play caller couldn't get it done in the second half. AA drifted in the pocket and moved into trouble the whole second half. Way too many short and medium attempts in the second half as well.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: 3of5-2 on December 29, 2016, 10:16:54 pm
When I saw 800 lb. gorilla, I thought you were talking about CBB.

That's racist and I'm offended.

The Boar War

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 29, 2016, 10:22:51 pm
If we could get some 800 lb gorilla lineman, I wouldn't worry so much.

They might not even commit as many false starts

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Arkansas Fan

Some of y'all put too much into how much our O-line weighs compared to how much less the opposing D-line weighs. Every team we've played this year was determined to not let us run the ball. Some teams could do it and some couldn't. VT was dead set not letting us get the running game going.