Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football program embarrassed the state/university

Started by TulsaJack32, December 29, 2016, 09:14:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaJack32

With the Sprinkle incident, the play on the field, the team and coaches quitting, and Morgan spitting in someone's face, this program has completely disgraced the state and the university.  This is a lack of leadership from coaches and the AD.  Someone should be accountable and called out for it.  I have never been so embarrassed as a fan.   

hollywood hog

Fire Bielema with cause. Or without. Just get him TF outta here!

Svrdhd

We'd have been better off missing a bowl, this trip was damaging to the university.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

ricepig

Quote from: hollywood hog on December 29, 2016, 09:20:30 pm
Fire Bielema with cause. Or without. Just get him TF outta here!

You got $17M for Bielema and staff?

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hog Solo

The game was bad and bad all around in the second half from players to coaches, but it was not an embarrassment.  Get over yourself.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:26:44 pm

I get sick of this crap response.

I don't have much but I'll throw in $500, straight up. If every hog fan will do the same we should come close.

bkjbearcat

I wonder if Art Briles needs a job. I mean our D can't get worst...
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

ICEman

Quote from: TulsaJack32 on December 29, 2016, 09:14:09 pm
With the Sprinkle incident, the play on the field, the team and coaches quitting, and Morgan spitting in someone's face, this program has completely disgraced the state and the university.  This is a lack of leadership from coaches and the AD.  Someone should be accountable and called out for it.  I have never been so embarrassed as a fan.   
All of that and only $8,500,000 in coaches salaries. Seems like a bargain to me.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 09:28:13 pm
The game was bad and bad all around in the second half from players to coaches, but it was not an embarrassment.  Get over yourself.
When the coaches and players quit in a game, a player steals from the bowl sponsor, and a player spits in the face of the opponent it's very embarrassing. Sickening actually.

(notOM)Rebel123

After many, many years of being a die hard Hog fan, I finally decided a few years ago, that I will not allow myself to be embarassed by events that I have absolutely no control over. Don't let it get to you...life is too short.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BielemaBrilliance

"When you win, nothing hurts" Joe N

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 29, 2016, 09:28:28 pm

I don't have much but I'll throw in $500, straight up. If every hog fan will do the same we should come close.

Same crap response if you want those with more zeroes to do it, lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 29, 2016, 09:30:34 pm
After many, many years of being a die hard Hog fan, I finally decided a few years ago, that I will not allow myself to be embarassed by events that I have absolutely no control over. Don't let it get to you...life is too short.

Yup.

Hawghiggs

The UofA gets around 30 million just from being in the SEC.  Fans pay a lot toward the UofA in donations, tickets, and memorabilia. What happens when fans stop buying? Can the UofA actually afford not to make changes?

pignparadise

I'll  throw in $1000. We're up to $1500. Come on Hogville let's see how much we can raise
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

kodiakisland

It's a shame two Arkansas kids ended their career on a bad note.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:31:37 pm
Same crap response if you want those with more zeroes to do it, lol.

Stop going to games, stop donating anything to the football program until it's fixed.

That's what I'll be doing and I won't waste my time watching that nonsense anymore.

It obviously won't make a dent, but I'll feel better and have more cash and time.

Win, win!

ricepig

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 29, 2016, 09:32:49 pm
The UofA gets around 30 million just from being in the SEC.  Fans pay a lot toward the UofA in donations, tickets, and memorabilia. What happens when fans stop buying? Can the UofA actually afford not to make changes?

The fans are going to make a $17M drop in tickets and donations, I don't think so.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 29, 2016, 09:36:21 pm
Stop going to games, stop donating anything to the football program until it's fixed.

That's what I'll be doing and I won't waste my time watching that nonsense anymore.

It obviously won't make a dent, but I'll feel better and have more cash and time.

Win, win!

So, you won't be on HV since you won't be watching the games?

NaturalStateReb

All you need now is 33,999 more takers.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

go hogues

I would not blame any of the young men being recruited for looking elsewhere. This program is a disaster and our leadership does not care.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

TulsaJack32

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 29, 2016, 09:28:13 pm

Obviously, you can't read or comprehend.  Note all the things I mentioned.     

mlloyd4

We have had worse losses, worse seasons, worse off the field behavior, worse on the field behavior, worse teams, and worse coaches. But yeah, this loss sucked, this season was a disappointment, and this team doesn't look much improved from 3 or 4 years ago.
WPS

PORKULATOR

Yep. Seniors and coaches embarrassed the state, the university, and.... And this is a big one. ... All the fans that live outside of Arkansas that have to answer to everyone and their dog about how bad we are.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:36:47 pm
The fans are going to make a $17M drop in tickets and donations, I don't think so.

Maybe not all at once. But when people stop attending and stop purchasing memorabilia. Then it will start to add up.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:37:39 pm
So, you won't be on HV since you won't be watching the games?

Football games man, not basketbal, baseball, etc.

Plus there's always the tavern and wrestling forum to check out here so I'm not going anywhere! ;D

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 29, 2016, 09:43:31 pm
Yep. Seniors and coaches embarrassed the state, the university, and.... And this is a big one. ... All the fans that live outside of Arkansas that have to answer to everyone and their dog about how bad we are.

Good point about the seniors. That's part of the leadership problem.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

ricepig

Turn off your phone and computer, and don't answer the doorbell.

(notOM)Rebel123

Overreact much?

Hogsmo Kramer

longpig

I'm scraping the front facing hog sticker off my license plate now.  :'(

Burning all my Razorback kit soon as the wind lays down.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: longpig on December 29, 2016, 09:45:56 pm
I'm scraping the front facing hog sticker off my license plate now.  :'(

Burning all my Razorback kit soon as the wind lays down.

Ha! You know you'll just go out and buy more stuff...eventually.

Kevin

What happens need to being a disciplined football team
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HardCore

Then fire the Dip5#|+ who set and signed the contract....
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

(notOM)Rebel123

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HardCore on December 29, 2016, 09:49:57 pm

.....and that will change the performance of the football team in what way?

billmontgomery10

EastArkHog 47

Dumb ASS jeff long fired the best coach we had in years, now we are stuck with the pig farmer from iowa and a DC who has no idea where he is at.

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on December 29, 2016, 09:53:41 pm
Dumb ASS jeff long fired the best coach we had in years, now we are stuck with the pig farmer from iowa Illinois and a DC who has no idea where he is at.

FIFY

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HardCore on December 29, 2016, 09:49:57 pm

That would be Donald Bobbitt, Dan Ferritor, & Jeff Long.

dagnamit

Maybe Long should anti up since he hired them. But, Hey .... =) CBB didn't call that play but he knows the rules.... ha ha.

Batesville Hogfan

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2016, 09:30:16 pm
When the coaches and players quit in a game, a player steals from the bowl sponsor, and a player spits in the face of the opponent it's very embarrassing. Sickening actually.
How can any Razorback fan not be embarrassed after that 2nd half performance plus the thug incidents on and off the field.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 29, 2016, 09:57:19 pm
That would be Donald Bobbitt, Dan Ferritor, & Jeff Long.

Don't forget the 10 on the BOT that rubber stamp them 6 months later at a board meeting, and the 13 RF board members that okayed it by phone conference!

OutlawHawg

Quote from: Kevin on December 29, 2016, 09:49:15 pm
What happens need to being a disciplined football team

Their leader is 400 lbs doubt they take the discipline talk seriously.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:53:59 pm
Well, Bill, you have some pull, get it started.

I often wonder if people like you and your smart arss condescension would come off as well face to face.

I'm guessing not....

Hogz87

Quote from: TulsaJack32 on December 29, 2016, 09:14:09 pm
100% this.  All of this is a lack of leadership.  Heads have to roll.  And this is coming off one of the most embarrassing losses in Arkansas football history one month ago.  This entire coaching staff, Bielema included, is not going to cut it and should be shown the door as soon as the plane lands in Fayetteville.

tzthib

I live in VA and I am absolutely dreading going anywhere tomorrow.