Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"1000 yard stare"

Started by Razorback_Mack, December 29, 2016, 08:32:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_Mack

Quote of the night. That's all Bret does. Doesn't motivate, doesn't call plays, doesn't call the defense. Just eats and stands over there and looks lost.

Sir Oinksalot

...not a bad gig though....maybe thinking he's dreaming ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

buldozer

He is dreaming about how to spend our $4M when he gets home and puts his feet up in his high dollar crib

Cambridge Hog

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: buldozer on December 29, 2016, 08:42:22 pm
He is dreaming about how to spend our $4M when he gets home and puts his feet up in his high dollar crib
No, he's dreaming about a buffet.

ICEman

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2016, 08:32:51 pm
Quote of the night. That's all Bret does. Doesn't motivate, doesn't call plays, doesn't call the defense. Just eats and stands over there and looks lost.
$4,500/yard per annum is not bad pay if you can find it.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

mlloyd4

I'm fine with it. He can be fat and stare and do nothing. I don't care about that. I just want good quality competition for four quarters and throughout the entire season, including road wins in the SEC... and keep the off the field high jinks and criminal activity to a minimum. And a National Championship. And maybe more community involvement like trips to hospitals and stuff. At the very least, it would be really cool if we could compete again with Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Texas A&M like we used to.
WPS

Hog Solo

I hate that we hired a lame duck coach like beilema in the first place. Year 1 should've been proof enough when he lost more games than smiley with most of those players phoning it in that season under smiley. At this point it goes beyond beilema and is on long for giving such a one sided contract.

TNRazorbacker

Exactly what the Wisky folks were saying when he came here.

lamont7906

Even the commentators talked about how he was lost and was by himself.

elviscat

Jeff Long, is the first person that needs go. He is not good AD, we need someone who understand Razorback Sports and can hire high quality coaches.

NuttinItUp

He is good at eating...

Pig In The City

The players lost this one tonight. They aren't GOOD! They get exposed and it is over! I personally don't buy into the scheme either offensive or defensive. Eight or nine in the box and we are dead. The defense speaks for itself. I think both coordinators should be fired. If they are running what CBB says then he should be fired.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Pig In The City on December 29, 2016, 08:51:32 pm
The players lost this one tonight. They aren't GOOD! They get exposed and it is over!
I'm guessing your being facetious.

JayHog

But, but... we have the highest gpa in the SEC. That's what matters

ricepig

The players lost this one tonight. They aren't GOOD! They get exposed and it is over!

We seem to have a weak will, and it takes very little for the players to get off track. I realize the coaching staff is responsible for everything, but the players have to play, too,.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2016, 08:52:53 pm
I'm guessing your being facetious.

He was challenging the officials, talking on the headset, I didn't see Fuente doing anything, but they won, so it's good.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 08:55:16 pm
We seem to have a weak will, and it takes very little for the players to get off track. I realize the coaching staff is responsible for everything, but the players have to play, too,.
The team is a direct reflection of the head coach. He does nothing.

TrueBlue

Can we at least compete with Tennessee for the Championship of Life?

They might be hard to beat for that title. We will probably blow a big lead in that also.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 08:57:00 pm
He was challenging the officials, talking on the headset, I didn't see Fuente doing anything, but they won, so it's good.
Fuente wasn't challenging the officials and talking on the headset? Get real. He had a headset on and he was livid after the offsides penalty. I don't know what game you watched. Fuente did most of his work at halftime. Burt probably dropped a deuce.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 29, 2016, 08:59:38 pm
Fuente wasn't challenging the officials and talking on the headset? Get real. I don't what game you watched. Fuente did most of his work at halftime. Burt probably dropped a deuce.

I watched the Belk Bowl, they both lobbied on the muffed punt, but even the announcers said Fuentes didn't change his expression from the first half to the second.

ricepig

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

CarolinaHog1176

The players lost this one tonight. They aren't GOOD! They get exposed and it is over! I personally don't buy into the scheme either offensive or defensive. Eight or nine in the box and we are dead. The defense speaks for itself. I think both coordinators should be fired. If they are running what CBB says then he should be fired.

Dan Enos definitely needs to be fired.  In today's game of "check with me" offenses, why does it look like our QB doesn't have the green light to change out of bad plays?  When you see 9-10 guys in the box, you should CHANGE OUT OF THE RUNNING PLAY YOU WERE ABOUT TO RUN.  But no, Austin Allen apparently doesn't have that capability, which comes directly from Dan Enos.

All VT did in the second half was start adjusting their front 7 at the last second and blitzing off the edges.  Where were the bubble and screen passes?  You have to make them pay for being that aggressive, but all we did was run the play that was called and get sacked or stopped for no gain.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

ricepig

buldozer

Fans: Its not ok to accept Bielema!

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on December 29, 2016, 09:02:32 pm
Fans: Its not ok to accept Bielema!

Administration: You got $17M to pay off everyone?

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:01:49 pm
https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/814666519724589056

No wonder we suck in the second half he has been waiting all year to address it in the offseason???

nwa_razorback_coffee

He gets that look on his face like when the chocolate fountain at Golden Corral is out of order.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hog13hog on December 29, 2016, 09:12:07 pm
No wonder we suck in the second half he has been waiting all year to address it in the offseason???
Where did he say he has been waiting?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:04:33 pm

They are the ones that concocted that contract.
This is my non-signature signature.

dmaxfan

I've been saying this the past 2 seasons. He has 0 football knowledge. He cannot scheme. He leaves everything up to the coordinators. I'm so mad at this homer media too. Ask the man questions about why he loses the 2nd half. No one gives a damn about his 2 dogs or his new upcoming baby
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

hobhog

Seat is hot. Next year needs results.

Fire MA now so we can plan budget for future......lots of cash needed for new coaching hires.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 09:04:33 pm

We have the $$$ to pay for the stadium. Pass another bond for the buyout and a new AD   :-* :-* :-* :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Tortfeasor

Were you at the game? I was. I paid money for a ticket and flight and you are dead wrong. He bitched all night at the officials. When VaTech got within 3, he called the team in a huddle during TO and was yelling at them trying to motivate them to play. The next play was the intercepted screen pass. Not much CBB could do with that. Real question is why did the team quit and why no adjustments in D?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 29, 2016, 10:42:09 pm
Were you at the game? I was. I paid money for a ticket and flight and you are dead wrong. He bitched all night at the officials. When VaTech got within 3, he called the team in a huddle during TO and was yelling at them trying to motivate them to play. The next play was the intercepted screen pass. Not much CBB could do with that. Real question is why did the team quit and why no adjustments in D?

He recruits his own problems remember

Tortfeasor

Stay on point. We talking about recruiting or CBB not coaching or doing anything during a game?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 29, 2016, 10:45:08 pm
Stay on point. We talking about recruiting or CBB not coaching or doing anything during a game?

They actually go hand in hand.

Tortfeasor

I understand your point, but I saw him plead with the team and bitch at the awful officials all night. The lack of senior leadership has shown all year.

buldozer

The coach is not motivated so the players are not motivated.... simple as that. The 400 lb coach likes to wear flip flops to work and put his feet up listening to reggae music..... pretty motivational huh? WPS

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 29, 2016, 10:54:16 pm
I understand your point, but I saw him plead with the team and bitch at the awful officials all night. The lack of senior leadership has shown all year.

He recruits his own problems. Recruit a roster with a couple of difference makers and he would not be in such a pickle. Just a few difference makers is all it takes. I believe he came to the SEC thinking he could recruit those types but he hasn't.

Either recruit those types or be able to out coach the other coach with talent on hand. He has proven he can't out coach like Petrino could

Pecos Hog

It's clear.   BB is just a low tier coach.   

He certainly wasn't anywhere on my list when we were looking.  And why should he have been?  Obvious to me that Long doesn't know much about football.   We need changes from the top, all the way down.   

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 29, 2016, 10:25:13 pm
Where did he say he has been waiting?

If he wasn't waiting then he sure did a terrible job trying to fix it already.

I would expect an elite coach to address it during the game.  Especially after crapping the bed in the Misery game.

Hogwild

Quote from: elviscat on December 29, 2016, 08:49:37 pm
Jeff Long, is the first person that needs go. He is not good AD, we need someone who understand Razorback Sports and can hire high quality coaches.
I agree, his tenure has been a disappointment

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: elviscat on December 29, 2016, 08:49:37 pm

but but but what about the money he's brought in??? That's all the hell anyone seems to talk about these days isn't it?
How much money the Razorback program is bringing in?  Long is definitely on the up and up in that department, I'm sure
everyone will agree. Hiring and KEEPING high quality coaches, as you said though..........is a complete other story.