Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Supporters

Started by Sho Nuff, December 29, 2016, 07:56:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Slater on December 29, 2016, 08:15:53 pm
He is the coach of my team, call me crazy but I will support him.

OK...You're crazy......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

DLUXHOG

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 29, 2016, 08:44:53 pm
Please define WINNING
he didn't get to 3 Rose Bowls by losing..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Tejano Jawg

I wasn't ready to go scorched earth on this staff, or Bielema. But if—as I'm watching other games in the next few days—the crawler at the bottom of the screen says "Chris Low reports...Arkansas has fired its entire football coaching staff...details forthcoming", I will have no regrets.

It is NOT normal to do what we do, to lose like we lose. There is something bigger at work than a scheme here, a scheme there, a recruit, a missed field goal...I have never seen anything like this year. This has been truly epic. BAD epic.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Razorbax on December 29, 2016, 08:45:25 pm
So you do not see the irony here?

I love irony. And I love it when people can't come up with anything better than a question.

Mark Barton - El Dorado
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

MountieDawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 29, 2016, 08:47:59 pm

I thought you meant he was winning here... Maybe Wisconsin will pay his salary...
SEC!

Anybody

NO MORE DOLLARS TO MY ALMA MATER UNTIL CHANGES TAKE PLACE.

Have you seen the price of the new suites in the NEZ ???   How stupid are we ?

Can you tell I am pissed off ?

GO HOGS 2017 !

pignosticator

He got to three rose bowls by Ohio State being in trouble and being in the right crappy conference at the right crappy time
Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

— John Heisman (1869–1936), legendary football coach for whom the Heisman Trophy is named

Westcoasthog

Fire Bielema as I post this from the West Coast in Los Angeles  6:54 PM
West Coast Time!

Muskliketusk

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 29, 2016, 08:42:23 pm
Y'all are absolutely bat-shat crazy.... fly banners & run a coach off, fire another after he wrecks his bike, hire a mental midget to fill in for a year, and then luck out and get an honorable, winning coach, and now you want to fire him.....   who in the hell, of even any moderate quality, do you think would set foot on campus to coach after seeing this merry go round for the past several years....?

Winning? What's he winning?
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on December 29, 2016, 08:05:49 pm
Bashers love to complain about people bashing them. It is you that has given up before the game is over and spent the fourth quarter refusing to support your team. Instead you bash the coaches. I have no respect at all for you because you are a true quitter. You'll try to bash me for calling you out. But you are a quitter.
Dumbest post ever.  So anyone who doesn't love tanking 2 games in a row in epic proportions is a quitter?  I can't follow your line of reasoning, and I pray I never do.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Anybody on December 29, 2016, 08:49:30 pm
NO MORE DOLLARS TO MY ALMA MATER UNTIL CHANGES TAKE PLACE.

Have you seen the price of the new suites in the NEZ ???   How stupid are we ?

Can you tell I am pissed off ?

GO HOGS 2017 !
I did this 2 years ago. Can't tell u how much money our family is better off. I've earned my fandom and paid dearly for it on the road to every SEC, SWC venue and many others. I feel like I am practicing tough love. Until Jeff Long is fired I'll not give a dime.I also don't waste any more Saturdays only planning for football, like not going to weddings, party's, hunting,fishing.....I listen on the radio and watch pieces of games. Like tonite, I worked til 5;00, came home and cooked a pot of soup for a family who had a family member die, watched pieces of the second qtr. Delievered the soup and as my phone started blowing up I realized, oops we did it again but I had not wasted a nite on this crap.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on December 29, 2016, 08:43:06 pm
Serious question. Do you think we need an offensive or defensive "genius" to get us to the next level then?

In this conference, you have to have a dominate defense. And an offense that doesn't settle for field pals and conservative play.

But good luck. We will never get a long term coach to plant his roots in Nwa.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: pignosticator on December 29, 2016, 08:51:11 pm
He got to three rose bowls by Ohio State being in trouble and being in the right crappy conference at the right crappy time

dream on nitwit..................

2006 Bielema 12–1 7–1 T-2nd W Capital One 5 7
2007 Bielema 9–4 5–3 4th L Outback 21 24
2008 Bielema 7–6 3–5 T-6th L Champs Sports   
2009 Bielema 10–3 5–3 T-4th W Champs Sports 16 16
2010 Bielema 11–2 7–1 T-1st L Rose† 8 7
2011 Bielema 11–3 6–2 1st (Leaders) L Rose† 11 10
2012 Bielema/Alvarez 8–6 4–4 1st (Leaders) L Rose†

BassinHawg

Bielema = Death Penalty for Arkansas Football
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Hoggish1

Read every post thus far and agree with everyone.  How's that for bat sheet crazy?

SemperFi

I'm not against Coach B, but there definitely needs to be several changes in his coaching staff. The defense went to sleep in the 2nd half which was aided by a very inept offense. The team quit the moment that they faced adversity and that is a direct reflection of the coaching staff. There was and is no excuse that this coaching staff can come up with to explain this 2nd half collapse. What really pisses me off is the fact the Va Tech locker room believes that this win is a result of their resolve instead of poor play and coaching by the Razorbacks. Monday morning, we better have some new coaches on the staff that can coach otherwise my support for Coach B will disappear. Not that it really matters, but eventually that crack in the fan base will grow into a fissure and his career as the Head Hog will come to an end.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

NaturalStateReb

The whiplash effect will eventually grind the fan base down.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Bebop

Being sarcastic, right? Just wondering.

I mean...if you are not being sarcastic...he lost all 3 of his Rose Bowls.

RazorbackAlways

You have to be a complete fool if you don't think there's something wrong at the top. I knew this forever ago, and posted on it in October 2013. Most on here didn't care to hear my comments. A select few knew the reality of the situation. But to watch this now, and continue to put faith in CBB is beyond ridiculous. Do you care for the team as a whole or only the coach? We're paying this guy $4 million per year. Our players are getting $0.00 dollars per year. They deserve better than this.

:razorback:

Bebop

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on December 29, 2016, 09:25:52 pm
You have to be a complete fool if you don't think there's something wrong at the top. I knew this forever ago, and posted on it in October 2013. Most on here didn't care to hear my comments. A select few knew the reality of the situation. But to watch this now, and continue to put faith in CBB is beyond ridiculous. Do you care for the team as a whole or only the coach? We're paying this guy $4 million per year. Our players are getting $0.00 dollars per year. They deserve better than this.

:razorback:

Last year with back-to-back losses to Tech and Toledo showed me the light. The latter half of the season made me second guess myself, but my initial doubt was proven correct.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Bebop on December 29, 2016, 09:22:51 pm
Being sarcastic, right? Just wondering.

I mean...if you are not being sarcastic...he lost all 3 of his Rose Bowls.

the operative word is get....   he didn't get to 3 Rose Bowls with losing records....   wouldn't we give our eye teeth to get to 3 Sugar Bowls in a row, win or lose?

Bebop

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 29, 2016, 09:32:56 pm
the operative word is get....   he didn't get to 3 Rose Bowls with losing records....   wouldn't we give our eye teeth to get to 3 Sugar Bowls in a row, win or lose?

He coached in the weakest division in a weak conference while one of the better teams was on probation. He didn't build squat but only maintained a program that was created by someone else. As well, the one who built up the program was probably helping him during his stint. I'm not impressed.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Bebop on December 29, 2016, 09:38:19 pm
He coached in the weakest division in a weak conference while one of the better teams was on probation. He didn't build squat but only maintained a program that was created by someone else. As well, the one who built up the program was probably helping him during his stint. I'm not impressed.

again....

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Sho Nuff on December 29, 2016, 08:58:40 pm
Dumbest post ever.  So anyone who doesn't love tanking 2 games in a row in epic proportions is a quitter?  I can't follow your line of reasoning, and I pray I never do.

You quit on your team before the final gun. If you don't get it that's not a bit surprising. You quit.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

rude1

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 29, 2016, 09:40:36 pm
again....

How have the done since losing their great coach? It was never him, it was and continues to be Alvarez.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: rude1 on December 29, 2016, 09:48:43 pm
How have the done since losing their great coach? It was never him, it was and continues to be Alvarez.

They've done about the same, or similar.   You could be right.. .heck then let's just hire Alvarez.........

Hogsmo Kramer

And he won't get to any other significant bowls without Alvarez.

He was a front man there, nothing else, and that's becoming more apparent each year.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

XavierZane

Quote from: Sho Nuff on December 29, 2016, 07:56:09 pm
Help me understand why you think he will turn this around.  What has he shown you, not what has he said, but what has he actually done?

Well, at the most basic level he won more games than he lost this season.  He's also improved every season so far, after inheriting a terrible situation.  He plateaued a bit this season, but he has yet to regress. He runs the program with integrity and he still has a lot of success on the field. He's the first to beat Florida.  He humiliated Texas.  He took us as near to beating Alabama as anyone has in a decade.  There are plenty more, including getting a ton of kids into the NFL. 

That we're in the toughest conference and division in football isn't going to change anytime soon.  The year we dominate the SEC is likely the year we also win the championship. I'm as disappointed as anyone that roots for the Razorbacks, and I raged and yelled earlier with my viewing party same as everyone.  But it didn't make me shortsighted, and no one there once mentioned firing the coach.  There are no quick fixes if you really want a solid program, it's that simple.

In the end, this season went pretty much exactly like the experts predicted it would.  We lost a lot of senior leadership and literal NFL caliber talent, and everybody knew it would impact the season.  It did, and you could tell by halfway through the season that, though they had plenty of talent, they had confidence/overconfidence problems because of lack of experience.  I look forward to next year and seeing a tougher, more experienced squad.