Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vanderbilt

Started by NuttinItUp, March 04, 2017, 01:31:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Looking pretty decent against Florida in the first half.

If they beat the Gators, they are in the Dance for sure.

jjdlc

I do NOT want to face Vandy in the SECT.  They are as hot as any team in the country right now.

NuttinItUp

PonderinHog

NuttinItUp

Vandy up 70-67 with 24 seconds left

NuttinItUp

72-71. 12 seconds. Vandy shooting free throws

PonderinHog

Tough time to make free throws...   ;D

Looks good for the dores, though...

Got it!

Dirty

passinghog

Say Vandy loses their first SECT game; are you telling me they're in with a 17-15 record? I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

NuttinItUp

hogginbama

They got some major help with a few touch fouls there at the end. Then the last out of bounds call against Florida the Vandy guy just turned his back and bulled through the middle. Call the touch fouls but not that out of control stuff is just mind-boggling.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jjdlc on March 04, 2017, 02:59:12 pm
I do NOT want to face Vandy in the SECT.  They are as hot as any team in the country right now.

Agree 1000%

Cmheinley

Vandy wins. Good game

rljjr

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 04, 2017, 03:13:29 pm
Say Vandy loses their first SECT game; are you telling me they're in with a 17-15 record? I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

No doubt. I think they have a LOT of work to do. If they do, that tells me to schedule the cream of the basketball crop, lose almost all of them, be barely above .500 in conference and you're in the tourney. Winning has to mean something. To me they bit off more than they could chew and they choked on it.

GuvHog

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 04, 2017, 03:13:29 pm

They are not likely to lose that first SEC Tournament game since they are an 8 or 9 seed. They'll likely play UK in the quarterfinals.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RazorSax

Vandy is the 6 seed with an Ole Miss loss. The 7 seed if Ole Miss beats SC.

GuvHog

Quote from: RazorSax on March 04, 2017, 03:39:51 pm
Vandy is the 6 seed with an Ole Miss loss. The 7 seed if Ole Miss beats SC.

They jumped up that much with today's win?? SEC TV had them as the 8 or 9 seed before they played Florida.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

snoblind

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2017, 03:42:41 pm
They jumped up that much with today's win?? SEC TV had them as the 8 or 9 seed before they played Florida.

? they were tied with Ole Miss and Georgia before today's games.  Must have been tie breakers with those teams

HogsonHicks

Quote from: rljjr on March 04, 2017, 03:22:38 pm
No doubt. I think they have a LOT of work to do. If they do, that tells me to schedule the cream of the basketball crop, lose almost all of them, be barely above .500 in conference and you're in the tourney. Winning has to mean something. To me they bit off more than they could chew and they choked on it.

Yes, I think they've given strength of schedule a bit too much credence. They've cried for tougher schedules and rewarding those that have them, but the pendulum has swung a bit too far that way. Winning has to matter, and a 17-14 (10-8) record is quite mediocre.

Gonzo

Quote from: rljjr on March 04, 2017, 03:22:38 pm
Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 04, 2017, 03:49:29 pm
Yes, I think they've given strength of schedule a bit too much credence. They've cried for tougher schedules and rewarding those that have them, but the pendulum has swung a bit too far that way. Winning has to matter, and a 17-14 (10-8) record is quite mediocre.

There's certainly plenty of room to question Vandy as a sure thing for the tourney, but I think they have as good an argument as the 9th, 10th, or 11th team in the ACC, who the talking heads keep saying are in the mix. They have several good wins, along with a lot of losses. Personally, I think there should be a limit around 4 or 5 for teams from one conference. I don't think a 6th place or lower team in it's own conference really has any place playing for the national title, but (before anyone takes umbrage with that) I know that's never going to happen, just my opinion.

Go Hogs!