Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final: @Kentucky 73, Vanderbilt 67

Started by jbcarol, February 28, 2017, 07:41:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

February 28, 2017, 07:41:58 am Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:40:49 am by jbcarol
https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/836313569608286213

QuoteCalipari isn't sure if Fox will be ready for the home finale at Rupp Arena.

"I have no idea," Calipari said. "I haven't seen. This morning he was in the meeting, but I didn't ask him. So we'll see."

Senior guards Dominique Hawkins and Mychal Mulder will start in their Senior Night game, Calipari said.

A curious lack of curiousity?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jerry Tipton‏Verified account @JerryTipton Feb 27

Cal on seniors: "You think of all the players they had to go against (in practice). You shake your head. How did they survive?"
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

John Clay‏ @johnclayiv 8h8 hours ago

Biggest comeback in Calipari Era. Previous was 18-point comeback win over Miami of Ohio in 2009. Came back rom 19 tonight.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/johnclayiv/status/836826481938546690

QuoteKentucky was down 19 points in the first half (25-6) and 13 in the second half (47-34) and yet found a way to rally and beat a Vanderbilt club that arrived at Rupp Arena on a four-game win streak.

How did the Cats do it? For one thing, they turned up the heat on defense. John Calipari went to half-court traps that forced the deliberate Commodores to quicken their pace. The result was 18 Vanderbilt turnovers compared to just 10 assists.

"Coach made the adjustment," said Isaiah Briscoe. "He wanted to speed them up a little bit."

For another, they finally got hot offensively. Calipari's club missed fifteen of its first 17 shots. It shot 31 percent in the first half. The second half, however, that all turned around. UK was 15-of-26 from the floor over the final 20 minutes for 57.7 percent to end up shooting 43.6 for the game.

Plus in the second half the players played.  The first half was a demonstration of how far loyalty will get you in the age of AAU and one-n-done. It was senior night and UK had two in-state seniors that took starting spots from a couple of projected lottery picks.