Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 25, 2017, 01:30:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

They look great so far against Kentucky.. man
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

riccoar

Gotta say, I'd take Allen over Monk. His game is better than Monks

jry04

UK is not a top 25 team without Fox.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: jry04 on February 25, 2017, 01:35:23 pm
or Florida is a lot better without their big man?? They can go faster right?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

ronmahony

Wouldn't you just love to smack Caliparj in the mouth?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

riccoar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2017, 01:37:29 pm
All I know is Kentucky got back in when Allen went to bench. Monk just being lazy waiting out on the perimeter.

jry04

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 25, 2017, 01:37:29 pm
Potentially. They have a lot of athletic guys behind Egbunu. Egbunu does not mean near as much to UF as Fox does to UK. UK struggled quite a bit in the few games Fox was hobbled or didn't play in.

ronmahony

Of balance my butt, that kid from Kentucky hooked that Florida kid.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

riccoar

Definitely Fox makes them better and probably opens things up more for Monk

riccoar

Quote from: ronmahony on February 25, 2017, 01:43:00 pm
Of balance my butt, that kid from Kentucky hooked that Florida kid.
Good no call. He got the block clean before any contact

ronmahony

Quote from: riccoar on February 25, 2017, 01:44:44 pm
Good no call. He got the block clean before any contact

I have a feeling those refs are gonna be confused, they don't know who they are supposed to call against. But seeing as how it is Kentucky at Kentucky they will figure it out.

riccoar

Oh, I'm sure the cooking will sweeten in the second half

daBoar

Quote from: riccoar on February 25, 2017, 01:34:29 pm
They are different players; they represent the difference between the classic 1 versus the 2 position, except Monk also plays a small forward position, and has more overall game.  Sadly, Arkansas would be the number 1 team in the country if its top HS athletes played for the Hogs.  Allen is a wonderful PG, can penetrate, shoot, and pass. We need one of those.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: daBoar on February 25, 2017, 02:17:27 pm
They are different players; they represent the difference between the classic 1 versus the 2 position, except Monk also plays a small forward position, and has more overall game.  Sadly, Arkansas would be the number 1 team in the country if its top HS athletes played for the Hogs.  Allen is a wonderful PG, can penetrate, shoot, and pass. We need one of those.

1.5 assist to 1.4 turnovers per game. Not  a point guard.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3924896/kevaughn-allen

PORKULATOR

He's played a lot more college ball.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BigSexyHog

Kentucky is full of little [CENSORED]
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 25, 2017, 02:25:05 pm
He's played a lot more college ball.
yeah but monk Is the greatest upcoming player of ALL time and the best to EVER come out of Arkansas I've heard

hoglady

I'm rooting for Florida over Kentucky.
Can't stand Monk - but he's taking over the game right now.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Letsroll1200

Very good game. Monk and Allen are putting on a show.

20gauge

Some folks just need to get over it. I'd have taking them both if we could have gotten them. Neither of those kids owed us a darn thing. I hope both of them make millions.

Pig in the Pokey

21 points in 10 minutes. Monk > Allen. But they are the two best players in the league to me.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 20gauge on February 25, 2017, 02:44:50 pm
Some folks just need to get over it. I'd have taking them both if we could have gotten them. Neither of those kids owed us a darn thing. I hope both of them make millions.
crazy to think it's not even a huge drop off for us at guard. It's a drop off but thank God we got the jucos. Crazy the amount of talent coming out of Arkansas lately.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hoglady

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 25, 2017, 02:47:05 pm
21 points in 10 minutes. Monk > Allen. But they are the two best players in the league to me.

When Monk is on he's the best player no doubt.
But he's streaky. He can dominate. But then all of sudden he can be a no show.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Rome26

Allen is good but Monk is better. I would still take Allen because he's a 3 year player.

Raymond Zorback

Florida is gassed.  They look terrible now.
You can call me Ray.

jry04

I did not see this coming with Fox out. Big win by UK. Very impressive performance.

20gauge

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 25, 2017, 02:48:16 pm
crazy to think it's not even a huge drop off for us at guard. It's a drop off but thank God we got the jucos. Crazy the amount of talent coming out of Arkansas lately.
You got that right. But what I'm seeing is two programs that are where we want to be.

20gauge

Monk just took over the second half. He has that kind of talent. Allen is a very solid player with a bright future. But it should be easy to see why so many are high on Monk and why he will be a lottery pick.

MountieDawg

Obviously you are not a NBA GM or a College Basketball coach.  Just a poster.
SEC!

MountieDawg

Quote from: jry04 on February 25, 2017, 01:35:23 pm

Oops...maybe the jury04 is out
SEC!

BannerMountainMan

Wth where was the foul on that

MountieDawg

Arkansas boys have over 60 in the Florida vs Kentucky game...weird
SEC!

bvillepig

Ridiculous Ky 22-27 from FT line  Florida 4-6

hoglady

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 25, 2017, 03:09:51 pm

My word for that is sickening.

20gauge

One can only imagine Monk, Allen and Portis all 3 on the Hill this year

MountieDawg

Quote from: bvillepig on February 25, 2017, 03:12:42 pm
Ridiculous Ky 22-27 from FT line  Florida 4-6

Do you understand basketball...most fouls are on drives to the basket, not usually on jacking 3's... Florida went in the paint less than 10 times in the game....   but it's always the place to go when the team you are cheering for loses.
SEC!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 25, 2017, 03:15:14 pm
Do you understand basketball...most fouls are on drives to the basket, not usually on jacking 3's... Florida went in the paint less than 10 times in the game....   but it's always the place to go when the team you are cheering for loses.
there was many times where fouls were not called though that were called on KY's end LOL..it happens man

Swineasaur

Just think if we had Monk....

Hoggish1

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 25, 2017, 03:09:51 pm

:puke:

bvillepig

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 25, 2017, 03:15:14 pm

Yep Played in Indiana Florida and Arkansas for 10 years of my life. I know a thing or two about it.

XavierZane

refs took control in the second half.  hate seeing that

MountieDawg

Quote from: bvillepig on February 25, 2017, 04:18:05 pm
Yep Played in Indiana Florida and Arkansas for 10 years of my life. I know a thing or two about it.

From a Florida writer if this helps you understand what I am saying.

Kevin Brockway‏@gatorhoops 3h3 hours ago

Understand frustration with FT disparity, but keep in mind, Florida took 30 3s to Kentucky's 14. Kentucky took ball to bakset more. #Gators
SEC!