Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by factchecker, February 22, 2017, 03:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, there is now at least 1 West School we may be able to stay above without straining every muscle and mental thought process we possess.  Long may give BB a raise, bonus and contract extension for a guaranteed at least 6th place in the West. Cellar ain't no place to be.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: factchecker on February 22, 2017, 04:02:12 pm

Actually what Freeze meant to say is that he follows the strict recruiting rules/guidelines ONLY when it's advantageous to OM AND he thinks he won't be caught.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Sounds like justice is finally catching up with Ole Miss & Freeze.  Will be interesting to see how many players jump ship, & what the final penalties will be.  They're already trying to soften the blow the NCAA hammer is gonna dish out, with a self imposed 1 yr bowl ban....hope they get at least 3.  Article said the NCAA found 8 more violation's to add to the original 13.  NCAA should really focus on scholarship reduction, to help slow  down Freeze on these violations.  The fewer players they can recruit, the less they can cheat.  :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

zane

Meh- Ole Miss will get off easy.

However, the NCAA is gonna death penalty some directional school in New Mexico
RIP LSUfan

sickboy

Quote from: zane on February 22, 2017, 05:47:37 pm

Not this time. Ole Miss is going to get thumped. And Hugh Freeze's career is over for the foreseeable future.

Cambridge Hog

Would guess Miss State benefits from this the most?

IronMountainHog

Quote from: factchecker on February 22, 2017, 05:30:58 pm
I agree.  I don't think any other program, besides Ole Miss, would pay a player prior to signing the LOI only for them to go elsewhere.

EDIT:

I remember another case of a player receiving payment but going elsewhere:

Hart Lee Dykes from Okie State got immunity from the NCAA and put 4 schools on probation. He took $23,000 from OSU and stayed and played after turning them in. He also took down OU, Illinois, and A&M.

Pig in the Pokey

February 22, 2017, 06:32:39 pm #57 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:02:41 pm by Pig in the Pokey
where are all the idiots who just kept on saying over and over like blabbering idiots that nothing bad would happen to ole piss?? WHERE ARE YOU ALL!!??

oh, there's one
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bythelake

Now that pic is a trip.  Thanks for posting.

Birminghog

Quote from: Potosihog on February 22, 2017, 05:20:18 pm
I went over there expecting full melt down. The mods must be deleting posts because the ones I saw were from guys saying it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be, nothing was found on Tunsil, and the admins were stupid for a self imposed "bowl band".
😂

Devo was a flower pot band. Does that count?

rljjr

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 22, 2017, 06:32:39 pm
where are all the idiots who just kept on saying over and over like blabbering idiots that nothing bad would happen to ole piss?? WHERE ARE YOU ALL!!??

Well I mean it WAS a 4 year investigation.

I'm curious to know if Ole Miss will stand beside Hugh through all of this. I'm not saying he knew directly, but it's on his watch, and the NCAA says he wasn't watching closely. I also wonder if he will be one of the coaches with a "show-cause," and if so, for what specifically.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on February 22, 2017, 06:45:32 pm
Well I mean it WAS a 4 year investigation.

I'm curious to know if Ole Miss will stand beside Hugh through all of this. I'm not saying he knew directly, but it's on his watch, and the NCAA says he wasn't watching closely. I also wonder if he will be one of the coaches with a "show-cause," and if so, for what specifically.

OM will stay until the NCAA committee hearing and final sanctions. OM will then have its "cause" to fire him, and won't owe him his big buyout.

lumphog

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 22, 2017, 05:03:34 pm
The state of Mississippi produces enough talent to pull a top 10 class every so often. I Hate it for some friends of mine down there. Sure wish they would investigate Auburn and Bama as hard.
Oh, it's LEGAL to cheat in Alabama

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on February 22, 2017, 05:10:20 pm
Wow! The rebels really wanted Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution), only to get rejected after all of the courting.

-phil
that's gotta be the 5 * DT from Mississippi who went to Moo State. You know they cheatin, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 12247 on February 22, 2017, 05:34:25 pm
Well, there is now at least 1 West School we may be able to stay above without straining every muscle and mental thought process we possess.  Long may give BB a raise, bonus and contract extension for a guaranteed at least 6th place in the West. Cellar ain't no place to be.
yeah, the team we always beat anyway...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bwbcpa on February 22, 2017, 06:41:58 pm
Wonder where the kid went  and how much the other school paid to get him?
moo state

elviscat

Death penalty for the program and show clause on athletic director and Freeze. They are done.

kodiakisland

Quote from: factchecker on February 22, 2017, 05:30:58 pm
I agree.  I don't think any other program, besides Ole Miss, would pay a player prior to signing the LOI only for them to go elsewhere.

EDIT:

I remember another case of a player receiving payment but going elsewhere:

Love the luggage rack.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Sivad

Quote from: rljjr on February 22, 2017, 06:45:32 pm
I'm curious to know if Ole Miss will stand beside Hugh through all of this.
If they think it will help lessen their penalties, Ole Miss will offer ole Hugh's head up in an Oxford minute.

hawgwash

Quote from: elviscat on February 22, 2017, 07:15:32 pm
Death penalty for the program and show clause on athletic director and Freeze. They are done.
Is the show clause anything like the Santa Claus?

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on February 22, 2017, 05:15:09 pm
Depends on what they get.  A Sugar Bowl win would be the biggest Razorback football win of my life.

if you had to cheat to win it, your win aint worth spit

Calling All Hogs

Wait. Is it possible top recruits were signing with Ole Miss for reasons other than their beautiful campus?

Buff

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on February 22, 2017, 08:48:01 pm
Wait. Is it possible top recruits were signing with Ole Miss for reasons other than their beautiful campus?

Sure as heck wasn't racial diversity

colbs

Quote from: 12247 on February 22, 2017, 05:30:34 pm
Poor Ole Miss didn't understand that you cannot cheat if you are just a regular Joe type University.  Sort of like a regular Joe cheating the U S Government.  Get caught you are dead.  Yet, if you are wealthy, in politics or from a power family, you can get away with just about anything, no penalty.  Ole Miss will be the poster boy for what can happen if you get caught, UNLESS, OF COURSE, you are among the wealthy, powerful, etc.  Ole Miss is about to pay as an example.  Hugh Freeze is about to become untouchable as a coach while many who are as bad or worse will be going on, business as usual.
No doubt.  If Arkansas got caught cheating, the NCAA would bring down the hammer.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: 12247 on February 22, 2017, 05:30:34 pm
Poor Ole Miss didn't understand that you cannot cheat if you are just a regular Joe type University.  Sort of like a regular Joe cheating the U S Government.  Get caught you are dead.  Yet, if you are wealthy, in politics or from a power family, you can get away with just about anything, no penalty.  Ole Miss will be the poster boy for what can happen if you get caught, UNLESS, OF COURSE, you are among the wealthy, powerful, etc.  Ole Miss is about to pay as an example.  Hugh Freeze is about to become untouchable as a coach while many who are as bad or worse will be going on, business as usual.

Yep this just make me madder at the NCAA that they don't have the balls to deal with Alabama in football and Kentucky in basketball. 

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 22, 2017, 06:59:05 pm
that's gotta be the 5 * DT from Mississippi who went to Moo State. You know they cheatin, too.
Leo Lewis?

Cornfed Pig

Does the SEC Network contribute to the spin?  OM's spokesbro is like: allegations allegations allegations (read: violations, violations, violations).  Then spokesbro blames terminated bro for Level-1 violations.  It's all terminated-bro's fault.

Then potato head reads a statement like a fourth-grader whose peers realize will/should probably be held back.

By the way -- "self imposed sanctions" -- about as effective as giving yourself your own grade?

factchecker

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 22, 2017, 09:18:44 pm
Yep this just make me madder at the NCAA that they don't have the balls to deal with Alabama in football and Kentucky in basketball.

The in-game bias allowed for the top teams are just as bad as the off the field ones.  It's a combination of conferences looking out for their $$$$$ and the elite teams knowing how to cheat.  We jumped from the frying pan and into the fire when we left the Texass league for the SEC.

Ole Miss is a case study of what not to do.  If you are going to cheat, do it slowly and discreetly.  Build the program gradually and whatever you do.....don't beat Bama two years in a row.  Hell hath no fury like a midget (Saban) scorned.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

NotSoFastMyFriend

So let me get this straight:

- Ole Miss puts together its best recruiting classes ever by doing "whatever it takes" (cheating)

- Arkansas has put together solid classes the last few years and gone 2-1 in bowl games over the last 3 (without cheating)

- some idiot poster on HV constantly beats the "do it like OM" drum; obviously Ole Miss is doing it right in recruiting so Arkansas should emulate them - Hugh Freeze for president amirite?

- Ole Miss does absolutely jack cheese on the gridiron - aka: does not win the West, does not win the SEC, and does not go to the playoffs

- Ole Miss is already getting hammered and the NCAA hasn't even gotten warmed up with their own sanctions

Wow! Look how far ahead Ole Miss has gotten by playing the recruiting game. Good job OM and great job to the worthless hack that advocated for these tactics. You are really cool. Great job! Thumbs up! WPS

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on February 22, 2017, 09:42:58 pm
Does the SEC Network contribute to the spin?  OM's spokesbro is like: allegations allegations allegations (read: violations, violations, violations).  Then spokesbro blames terminated bro for Level-1 violations.  It's all terminated-bro's fault.

Then potato head reads a statement like a fourth-grader whose peers realize will/should probably be held back.

By the way -- "self imposed sanctions" -- about as effective as giving yourself your own grade?

Love it! Freeze is, and always has been, a complete joke.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Hopefully OM has some dirt on Bama and Auburn they wanna offer up on their way to hell.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hollywood870

Quote from: stronguard on February 22, 2017, 04:18:11 pm
Old Mrs........ were the 2 victories over Bama worth it?  Everyone knew they were cheating, all it took was a losing season for the rats to jump ship
I mean, Laremy Tunsil at the Draft with Hugh Freeze sitting right there...."They paid me."

Hawgar The Horrible

Where are all the dumb masses (HC1964) that said OM would simply get a slap on the wrist?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on February 22, 2017, 09:58:09 pm
Where are all the dumb masses (HC1964) that said OM would simply get a slap on the wrist?

Well, to be honest, they haven't been sanctioned yet, hopefully it's even better than we imagine.

shown006

Quote from: Wildhog on February 22, 2017, 05:08:08 pm
They won a Sugar Bowl.
Gonna be vacated...just like Ohio States over the Hogs.
WPS!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: robs4516 on February 22, 2017, 05:22:55 pm
Aubie and bama are good enough at it to not get caught as easily.

1.  What top recruit WOULDN'T want to go to Bama?
2.  What "next group of 150" wouldn't want to go to AUBURN?

You guys act like you automatically know those two institutions are cheating when Saban could refuse to lift a finger for an entire season of recruiting and still probably pull in a top 13 class.

Drop the envy, sober up, and be a little more realistic.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

For the player who received the money but went elsewhere, if they know who he is doesn't this make him ineligible and does the team he plays for have to forfeit/vacate any wins from games he's played in?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ricepig

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on February 22, 2017, 10:10:29 pm
For the player who received the money but went elsewhere, if they know who he is doesn't this make him ineligible and does the team he plays for have to forfeit/vacate any wins from games he's played in?

Nope, they were given immunity for their testimony. Of course, we'll see if any OM players want to sing a tune about some other teams, haha.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2017, 10:12:56 pm
Nope, they were given immunity for their testimony. Of course, we'll see if any OM players want to sing a tune about some other teams, haha.
That's BS. No difference between them and what Green from Georgia did..

Athog

onebadrubi

Southern miss is F'ed.

lasthog

Quote from: Sivad on February 22, 2017, 07:25:07 pm
If they think it will help lessen their penalties, Ole Miss will offer ole Hugh's head up in an Oxford minute.

Do you think they will hit him from the blind side?

lasthog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 22, 2017, 10:09:46 pm
1.  What top recruit WOULDN'T want to go to Bama?
2.  What "next group of 150" wouldn't want to go to AUBURN?

You guys act like you automatically know those two institutions are cheating when Saban could refuse to lift a finger for an entire season of recruiting and still probably pull in a top 13 class.

Drop the envy, sober up, and be a little more realistic.

Alabama football was put on probation in 1995 and 1996, 2002 through 2006, and 2009 through 2011.

Agree, definitely a different dynamic with Saban though.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on February 22, 2017, 10:17:50 pm
That's BS. No difference between them and what Green from Georgia did..

Green sold a jersey, so yes big difference in what was done, now which is morally just is a different story. 

Wildhog

Quote from: shown006 on February 22, 2017, 10:08:21 pm
Gonna be vacated...just like Ohio States over the Hogs.

Ohio State won that Sugar Bowl.  I was there, and watched it happen.  It was soul-crushing.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogfanny

Today on Finebaum, Pawl was spinning poor ole miss, how sad, hope things go ok for Freeze. He told me he was innocent  to my face. The conference don't need this, :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Wild Bill Hog

Aren't we all shocked!    :o

MissippHog

Quote from: hawgwash on February 22, 2017, 07:26:17 pm
Is the show clause anything like the Santa Claus?
Depending on your point of view both bring happiness and joy, so I would say yes.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Wildhog on February 22, 2017, 10:57:26 pm
Ohio State won that Sugar Bowl.  I was there, and watched it happen.  It was soul-crushing.
I view more like Arkansas lost, we were clearly the better team IMO, but we made too many mistakes, and QB struggled at the end with decision making.