Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by factchecker, February 22, 2017, 03:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 11:06:35 am
But how do we know Miss State isn't cheating as much as Ole Miss?  They actually signed the guy in question. 

In fact I imagine the price tag to buy talent to Starkville is somewhat higher than it would be to most SEC destinations... (including ours).

How many top 10 classes has Miss State brought in?  How many players from Chicago or Georgia did they inexplicably get?

If the fighting cowbells are cheating as much as Ole Miss then they need to a refund.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on February 22, 2017, 09:42:58 pm
Does the SEC Network contribute to the spin?  OM's spokesbro is like: allegations allegations allegations (read: violations, violations, violations).  Then spokesbro blames terminated bro for Level-1 violations.  It's all terminated-bro's fault.

Then potato head reads a statement like a fourth-grader whose peers realize will/should probably be held back.

By the way -- "self imposed sanctions" -- about as effective as giving yourself your own grade?
yeah, blamin Barney after all this. Barney WAS the illegal recruiting coordinator and  coordinator of payments. But he was assigned that job by freezus.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 23, 2017, 06:45:44 am
Even though kids are taught to fall on the ball from day 1...
offensive kids are. defensive kids are coached to scoop n score, unless coached by ruh tards.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2017, 07:46:21 am
Freeze has had success here at ASU and I believe he can coach.  I would never equate any coach lower than Houston Nutt.  He sits at the lowest bowels of suckdom for eternity.  NOBODY, even Captain Smile, is worse than Nutt.
well, he'll have 10-15 years to prove it (at the high school level.... again.)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 23, 2017, 09:59:28 am
I am just surprised it took so long.
well, to be fair, they were in an OJ style slow speed chase for the last 3 years. The blue lights came on a long time back. Cops didn't want to do a fishtail maneuver and ruin the whole case with all these librul (sic) judges....

bob slydell

Quote from: southeasthog on February 23, 2017, 09:17:35 am
This is where people get there lines crossed. Cam dad was offered by Mississippi State. He said then that he didn't want his son to be a rented mule and signed with Auburn. His church then got upgraded. No one ever told the NCAA anything on Cam except his dad being offered. It's stinks because everyone knows Auburn outbid Mississippi State but couldn't prove it.

Cecil Newton admitted to soliciting that money from M$U.  Saying he was 'offered' is just wrong.  Cam should have been ineligible for that fact alone according to the SEC rules even if a single dime was never exchanged between Auburn and Cecil.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on February 23, 2017, 10:19:34 am
Perfect example of lack of institutional control, once the sentence is announced, Freeze has less than a 33% chance of surviving. They can fire him with cause and escape his buyout. Oh, one more year of a bowl ban and 2 more scholarships lost for another 3 years.
totally agree here. Should be USC level scholarship reductions. Freezus to get a 5-15 year show cause as well, IMO. (lying to ncaa)

And, of course, ncaa will open up the transfer rule for a season. Shea Patterson will bounce.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bob Slydell on February 23, 2017, 11:34:53 am
Cecil Newton admitted to soliciting that money from M$U.  Saying he was 'offered' is just wrong.  Cam should have been ineligible for that fact alone according to the SEC rules even if a single dime was never exchanged between Auburn and Cecil.
daddy lied to poor cam, tho, so....

goodguytex

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 23, 2017, 11:36:16 am
totally agree here. Should be USC level scholarship reductions. Freezus to get a 5-15 year show cause as well, IMO. (lying to ncaa)

And, of course, ncaa will open up the transfer rule for a season. Shea Patterson will bounce.
Arkansas probably wouldn't have any chance to get Patterson to transfer in. But he might be a great successor to Austin Allen.

bob slydell

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 23, 2017, 11:39:23 am
daddy lied to poor cam, tho, so....

I know it's facetious; but SEC rules didn't differentiate whether or not the player knew.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

jfred59

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 23, 2017, 11:36:16 am

Unless his payment arrangment says he has to stay

PorkRinds

Anyone still wishing the hogs would cheat?  Seen that a lot recently from the "whatever it takes" crowd. Right now it's pretty nice to be able to just sit back and watch the sec implode.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 23, 2017, 11:45:15 am
Anyone still wishing the hogs would cheat?  Seen that a lot recently from the "whatever it takes" crowd. Right now it's pretty nice to be able to just sit back and watch the sec implode.

When we have another mediocre season, yeah, I'll probably still wish that we cheated.  Just a heads up.  :)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 11:50:09 am
Would an uptick in cheating get us an SEC Championship?

The SEC isn't imploding... it's offering up the ineptitude of Ole Miss to keep things status quo elsewhere.

Ole Miss isn't going to go quietly.  They'll implicate as many as possible, as they've already done with MSU.  Again, I'd rather not watch out program get gutted like Ole Miss is going to be.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on February 23, 2017, 11:51:41 am
When we have another mediocre season, yeah, I'll probably still wish that we cheated.  Just a heads up.  :)

This is as sure as the sun rising in the east.  ;D

southeasthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 23, 2017, 11:28:56 am
offensive kids are. defensive kids are coached to scoop n score, unless coached by ruh tards.
Julian Horton was a wide receiver.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

southeasthog

Quote from: Bob Slydell on February 23, 2017, 11:42:51 am
I know it's facetious; but SEC rules didn't differentiate whether or not the player knew.
They certainly bent the rules on that one for Cam and Auburn.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Hardcore Hoggy

It would appear that firing Nutt has set Ole Miss back 20 years LOL

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 23, 2017, 11:28:56 am

I've never had a problem with him falling on it.  We had one of the best offenses in the country and a short field.  Just getting possession was the most important thing.
1909/1964/1965/1977

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 11:06:35 am
But how do we know Miss State isn't cheating as much as Ole Miss?  They actually signed the guy in question. 

In fact I imagine the price tag to buy talent to Starkville is somewhat higher than it would be to most SEC destinations... (including ours).

I just judge it by ole miss jumping so so high in rankings. MSU played it smart and has been more of a steady rise.

Certainly all guess work, no sources here beyond 247sports public info :)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Calling All Hogs

Freeze was not a popular choice when he was hired. Ole Miss fans wanted a big name and had to settle for a coach from Arkansas State. Freeze knew he needed to win quickly and, I believe, decided to take the fast track to doing so. Coaches also get time if they provide hope for the future. Quickest way is to show improved recruiting. Freeze was hired in December 2011 and by 2013 Ole Miss had a top 10 class. No one is that good of a recruiter especially when they are selling an Ole Miss program still freshly gutted by Houston Nutt. Freeze got to keep his job and has made millions but his chickens are coming home to roost.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 23, 2017, 11:59:22 am
I've never had a problem with him falling on it.  We had one of the best offenses in the country and a short field.  Just getting possession was the most important thing.

Normally I'd agree with that, but from my seat high in the Superdome you could see there was nothing - NOTHING - between him and the OSU end zone except a convoy of four teammates.  He could have moonwalked into the end zone for the score.  And I did not have confidence that we would go ahead and score the touchdown (maybe because I'm a Razorback fan and have endured one too many heartbreaks in big games).
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Wildhog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 23, 2017, 12:16:47 pm
Normally I'd agree with that, but from my seat high in the Superdome you could see there was nothing - NOTHING - between him and the OSU end zone except a convoy of four teammates.  He could have moonwalked into the end zone for the score.  And I did not have confidence that we would go ahead and score the touchdown (maybe because I'm a Razorback fan and have endured one too many heartbreaks in big games).

Ha, fair enough.
1909/1964/1965/1977

colbs

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 11:25:25 am
Has anyone done any research to see whether Miss State was actually targeting these players from Chicago or Georgia you're referring to? 
The point is Miss State signed the guy in question who was clearly for sale. 

I am pretty sure this is just rumor right now?  I don't think his name was released.

DeltaBoy

The Chickens are coming home to roost.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on February 23, 2017, 12:28:35 pm
I am pretty sure this is just rumor right now?  I don't think his name was released.

Nope, no names were released in the NOA.

go hogues

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on February 23, 2017, 12:06:36 pm
Freeze was not a popular choice when he was hired. Ole Miss fans wanted a big name and had to settle for a coach from Arkansas State. Freeze knew he needed to win quickly and, I believe, decided to take the fast track to doing so. Coaches also get time if they provide hope for the future. Quickest way is to show improved recruiting. Freeze was hired in December 2011 and by 2013 Ole Miss had a top 10 class. No one is that good of a recruiter especially when they are selling an Ole Miss program still freshly gutted by Houston Nutt. Freeze got to keep his job and has made millions but his chickens are coming home to roost.
It all began with that "Forward Rebels" campaign. Publicly, that was a move by the fans to bring in a new coach and AD but privately, it was a call to arms for their big boosters to start buying players.
Freeze may not have been the fans' first choice but those inside the program knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They were hiring a guy who would look the other way as the internal forward rebels battle plan was carried out.

The whole thing was blatant from the very beginning. This just shows how amateur the Ole Miss program/boosters are and how it's never right to cheat.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

navyhog24

gchamblee

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 11:01:39 am
detailing incentives she received from other programs, including Mississippi State.

Of course there were other programs (not just Miss State).
I wonder how many SEC programs were coveting the #1 ranked Inside LB recruit that season?

It's just a LOL that all the focus is on the flailing of Ole Miss...

I understand the tone of your post. You believe we should all be cheating to win at any cost, but feel that we have to be smart about it and not get caught. Those of you here, and there are a few, that believe we should do anything to win should be taking notice of what eventually happens. The posters defending their cheating as worth it with "they won a sugar bowl" as the justification should be feeling really uncomfortable right now, although I know you aren't.

gchamblee

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 12:04:22 pm
Yes, I think they're certainly going to try... who wants to be singled out when you're just trying to beat everyone else playing the same game?

I just don't think much will come of those efforts unless there's clear, indisputable evidence put into the national consciousness in such a way where it's impossible to ignore. 

For example - James O'Keefe releasing 119 hours of actual audio footage from within CNN newsrooms to uncover biased reporting... that's going to be hard to ignore or dispute. 
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-23/okeefe-drops-bombshell-undercover-video-footage-within-fake-news-cnn

Ok I read that entire link, and am now moving over to reddit to find more about it. I find this fascinating. Thank you for posting it.

hogsanity

What I hate about this self imposed ban is that schools usually do it right before a season they know is not going to be very good. Should be a 1 year bowl ban the 1st season they are 8-4 or better.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2017, 01:31:59 pm
What I hate about this self imposed ban is that schools usually do it right before a season they know is not going to be very good. Should be a 1 year bowl ban the 1st season they are 8-4 or better.

Well, that might be awhile...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 23, 2017, 01:34:20 pm
Well, that might be awhile...

Perhaps, but it if they go 6-6 next year they should be FORCED to go to Birmingham.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gchamblee

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 12:09:28 pm
Gene Chizik was famously booed when he stepped off the plane to assume the HC position at Auburn.

Both of these guys were hired for the same reason.

The AD was booed when he stepped off the plane after hiring him too

gchamblee

Hogwild

Quote from: jabberjawls on February 23, 2017, 10:31:51 am
Dude, you must have a short memory.  Remember Albert Means?  Alabama was caught red handed and the NCAA did nothing.

Bama got nailed to the wall over Albert Means, they nearly got the death penalty.

rljjr

Quote from: Hogwild on February 23, 2017, 02:03:40 pm
Bama got nailed to the wall over Albert Means, they nearly got the death penalty.

That's my memory as well. They were brutalized.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 23, 2017, 11:03:34 am
Love this. Keep throwing each other under the bus, as long as we don't get involved lol. Freeze was a fraud, and I do think Dan Mullen is a very good coach but he is cheating a good deal as well. Just not as much as ole miss, man they really went all in.
I hear what you are saying but the SWC shenanigans stained us as well.

HognitiveDissonance

Yea, they could tweak the rules to say 'you're banned from a bowl the next time you qualify, whenever it is'

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 23, 2017, 11:44:51 am
For the players who are truly marketable, it would be like Christmas all over again... and bidders who fell short the first time around would get another shot.
Remember the 30 for 30 show Pony Excess? When sanctions were announced, they mentioned how many recruiters showed up at SMU shortly thereafter to pitch their schools to the suddenly available players. It was a like a meat market.

HognitiveDissonance

Not to totally change the subject from Ole Miss football, but I'm really interested in how the North Carolina academic fraud case will turn out.
This case has been going on for years and years, and it involves football and basketball. Institutional control charge has been raised.
This revolves around a couple of professors who gave bogus grades for a bogus course.
From all I've learned, I think severe punishment should probably result. I don't see a way around that. And this would be big, if the men's basketball Tar Heel program was forced to sit out an NCAA Tournament.

hawginbigd1

Big Baby Blue nation would finish off the NCAA if that ever happened.

LRRandy

or not self impose one, accept a mid-tier bowl for a 6-6 season. The next season the NCAA imposes a bowl ban ( that may not have happened if you sit out of the crappy bowl from the previous season) and you go undefeated and sit home at the end of that season and watch Alabama win a national championship that you would have won ( Bama would have been #3 in BCS). That was a severe penalty.
This is fun, isn't it.

31to6

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 23, 2017, 09:25:40 am
The speed limit is 70 miles an hour.

Most schools in the SEC are going 80.

Auburn and Florida are going 85-90.

Ole Miss was going 110.

Of course they got caught. It was so blatant and reckless. They had recruits posting wads of cash on instagram during visits.
Good analogy. But you forgot that Alabama has diplomatic plates... :P

code red

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on February 22, 2017, 09:54:42 pm
Hopefully OM has some dirt on Bama and Auburn they wanna offer up on their way to hell.
That would kill the SEC.  They (OM) will lose a couple scholarships and it will be over....the NCAA is scared to death of the SEC.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

onebadrubi

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 23, 2017, 10:14:27 am
It'll get worse before it gets better.  I don't think there'll be a second year bowl ban.  I do think there will be at least one show cause on former staff members, maybe more.  Barney Farrar is clearly going to get a show cause ban, IMO.  Farrar almost certainly lied to both the NCAA and Ole Miss.  He's probably the guy who connected the recruit with the boosters.  Whoever those boosters are will get banned from the program.  I think it's possible that Chris Kiffin and Corey Batoon could be implicated.  I also thought it was weird that Grant Heard left Ole Miss for Indiana.

You also said months ago ole miss didn't do anything and were innocent blah blah blah!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Karma on February 22, 2017, 04:54:16 pm
NCAA is dropping the hammer. The west may get a little easier for a few years.
We have beaten them anyway.

EFBAB

hobhog

Quote from: code red on February 23, 2017, 02:59:25 pm
That would kill the SEC.  They (OM) will lose a couple scholarships and it will be over....the NCAA is scared to death of the SEC.

You obviously havent been paying attention. Consensus is they are getting the hammer. Two year bowl ban, possible suspension for Freeze, and multiple scholarship loses is not out of question. That can have a lasting affect.

NashvilleHog

There is a lot of internet speculation amongst Bears fans that Skipper was one of the players that the NCAA talked to.  Of course, there is nothing to substantiate that, but it's out there. 
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

ricepig

Quote from: NashvilleHog on February 23, 2017, 08:37:28 pm
There is a lot of internet speculation amongst Bears fans that Skipper was one of the players that the NCAA talked to.  Of course, there is nothing to substantiate that, but it's out there. 

Pretty sure they did, or at least inquired if anything "occurred" on his visit. I think he was the only one on the roster that fit the time frame.