Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brunch Chimichangas

Started by BR, December 17, 2017, 12:45:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

https://www.sargento.com/recipes/mexican/brunch-chimichangas

I would have to add Bacon or Spicy Sausage

Make your brunch a fiesta with these Mexican-inspired breakfast chimichangas that combine essential flavors like buttery eggs, onions, peppers and a generous helping of bubbling melted Sargento® Shredded Taco Cheese. Add some of your favorite fresh garnishes like guacamole and salsa to create genuine crowd-pleasers!

Ingredients

1 Tbsp. butter
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    8 eggs
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/3 cup chunky salsa
    1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Taco Cheese or Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Fine Cut
    8 (7-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
    Sour cream, guacamole, salsa and chopped cilantro (optional)

Directions

Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 8 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
    Beat eggs and salt together in small bowl; add to skillet. Cook eggs 3 minutes or until soft set, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
    Stir in salsa, breaking eggs into chunks; stir in cheese. Spoon scant 1/2 cup egg mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold 2 sides of tortilla over filling; tuck in tortilla ends and place seam-side down in 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 475°F oven 12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and cilantro, if desired.

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

That looks pretty darn good.  I could try that. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

We've got a deal in Ft. Smith Tuesday and have company coming in tomorrow to spend the night and go down with us.  Think I'm going to make cheese grits and shrimp for them.  That stuff is not bad!  ;) 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Looks real good thanks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.