Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AD Advisory Committee

Started by Hogfan46, November 22, 2017, 02:08:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

It's about to go down whoever it is if they are finally naming a committee.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BR

Arkansas has named its search committee for a new athletic director:
Lance Harter, Women's Track & Field Coach
Ben Hyneman, Chairman of the UA Board of Trustees
Gerald Jordan, UA Faculty Athletics Representative
Stacy Lewis, LPGA Golfer & UA Alum
Peter MacKeith, Dean of Fay Jones School of Architecture
Rick Massey, Partner at Westrock Capital Partners
Bill Montgomery, Former Arkansas Football Player
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

SquidBilly

So its not a search committee, more like an advisory panel.  So Steinmetz will identify the candidates and the committee will review and advise.  This could go very quickly.

The_Iceman

Good well rounded list. However, it is most likely a formality as the new AD has likely already been contacted.

Tusks

Just in time to name Scanlon next weekend.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

go hogues

Shows the lack of real intel by many here. They were saying we'd hear the announcement of a new AD this past Monday and we are just now getting the announcement of a search committee. This thing is gonna drag out forever, as they won't hire a coach until the AD's been hired.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HF#1

Quote from: go hogues on November 22, 2017, 02:19:43 pm
Shows the lack of real intel by many here. They were saying we'd hear the announcement of a new AD this past Monday and we are just now getting the announcement of a search committee. This thing is gonna drag out forever, as they won't hire a coach until the AD's been hired.

Actually, we could have AD and coach by Monday. Things are moving quickly now. The committee is just for appearance of due diligence. This was never going to be a national search.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

SquidBilly

Quote from: go hogues on November 22, 2017, 02:19:43 pm

Again they are not calling them a search committee.  It seems to me they have their finalists and now this panel will review them and advise Steinmetz on who to hire.

hobhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2017, 02:19:13 pm
Good well rounded list. However, it is most likely a formality as the new AD has likely already been contacted.

Doubtful. These people don't like to waste their time. I know one of them has a trip planned next week and he is probably going to have to cancel. Lots of work to do but trying to move quickly.

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on November 22, 2017, 02:55:41 pm
Doubtful. These people don't like to waste their time. I know one of them has a trip planned next week and he is probably going to have to cancel. Lots of work to do but trying to move quickly.

They'll meet before the game on Friday, either in person or by phone, think Communist Central Committee, (insert name of AD here) will get 100% of the votes!

PorkRinds

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 02:20:49 pm
Actually, we could have AD and coach by Monday. Things are moving quickly now. The committee is just for appearance of due diligence. This was never going to be a national search.

I love the sound of the GOBN choosing th AD and coach with only the appearance of due diligence. What could go wrong?

26.2Hog

There's an advisory committee?  But . . . but . . . I thought Gus was going to pick the new AD.

AirWarren

ricepig

AirWarren

Uncommon

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2017, 03:24:35 pm
He's on the beverage committee.
Great.  We'll get Coca-Cola back.  JD loves that Diet Coke.

HF#1

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 22, 2017, 03:15:28 pm
I love the sound of the GOBN choosing th AD and coach with only the appearance of due diligence. What could go wrong?

When you already know who you want... 

DOC-T

Will they advise on the AD and Coach or just AD?

ricepig

Quote from: DOC-T on November 22, 2017, 03:43:41 pm
Will they advise on the AD and Coach or just AD?

Different committees

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DOC-T

EastexHawg

I say let Bill Montgomery pick the AD and we will be fine.  Actually I wish he had become AD himself 20 years ago. 

jvanhorn

Quote from: Uncommon on November 22, 2017, 03:28:09 pm
Great.  We'll get Coca-Cola back.  JD loves that Diet Coke.

Probably will.  Just as soon as that 10 year contract is up.  Maybe you should just let this go for awhile..

Cylinder

Little man will have seen this coming all along.

Uncommon

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 22, 2017, 03:50:50 pm
Probably will.  Just as soon as that 10 year contract is up.  Maybe you should just let this go for awhile..
I was just joking.  I don't even get concessions at the game most of the time.

Porkbutt Gary

This is not good at all!!!!!  John White Committee  :puke:
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

razorbackfaninar

Why?  They don't need a formality for any one.  If the new AD is already "contacted" which I assume you mean has agreed in principal to take the job, then they can dispense with the formality. We aren't beholden to any one.  Steinmetz can hire them and there would be no need for pretense.  This is a committee to aid in the search for an AD and it is going to stretch out for at least four weeks if not longer.  There isn't going to be a new coach and AD named on Monday as some have suggested.  This is a process and it is going to have to play out.  It is possible that we may not have a new AD before January.  It is not likely that we will hire a new coach before we hire a new AD.  Not because we can't, because of course we could if we wanted to, but because there isn't a coach worth having that is going to agree to take the job without knowing with certainty who the AD is.  Not a handshake and a nod and wink that we are going to hire so and so.   

hog_fan

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 22, 2017, 04:21:32 pm
Why?  They don't need a formality for any one.  If the new AD is already "contacted" which I assume you mean has agreed in principal to take the job, then they can dispense with the formality. We aren't beholden to any one.  Steinmetz can hire them and there would be no need for pretense.  This is a committee to aid in the search for an AD and it is going to stretch out for at least four weeks if not longer.  There isn't going to be a new coach and AD named on Monday as some have suggested.  This is a process and it is going to have to play out.  It is possible that we may not have a new AD before January.  It is not likely that we will hire a new coach before we hire a new AD.  Not because we can't, because of course we could if we wanted to, but because there isn't a coach worth having that is going to agree to take the job without knowing with certainty who the AD is.  Not a handshake and a nod and wink that we are going to hire so and so.   

You can't wait until January to hire a coach. Advisory not search committee.

ricepig

Steinmetz would like a current AD, others want a more local flavor, I guess we'll see who has the power.

WilsonHog

It will move much quicker than that. The sky is not falling. First step occurred last week. Next step will occur Saturday. Sleep in, you'll miss it.

tbailey

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2017, 04:24:30 pm
Steinmetz would like a current AD, others want a more local flavor, I guess we'll see who has the power.
Good bad or indifferent, the power brokers have shown its not Steinmetz!

Porked Tongue

huntindoc

I would think an "advisory" committee would make a recommendation to Chancellor Steinmetz and he will make a decision.  He would not be obligated to follow the recommedation.

jcbville

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 22, 2017, 03:15:28 pm

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 22, 2017, 04:28:56 pm
It will move much quicker than that. The sky is not falling. First step occurred last week. Next step will occur Saturday. Sleep in, you'll miss it.

OK I'll keep my eyes peeled.  I hope you are right.  But 40 years of following this program tells me you probably aren't.  This time may be different.

chiefhawg

The Track coach helping to search for his new boss seems like a conflict of interest.

sowmonella

I'm not a complainer. I try to see the good in all that is the U Of A.  What in the hell do those people know about who to pick as an AD???  ???  This is way beyond stupid.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Tony Perkis

Quote from: sowmonella on November 22, 2017, 05:06:30 pm
I'm not a complainer. I try to see the good in all that is the U Of A.  What in the hell do those people know about who to pick as an AD???  ???  This is way beyond stupid.
I'm not so sure they have or will do much at all.

31to6

Quote from: chiefhawg on November 22, 2017, 05:00:14 pm
The Track coach helping to search for his new boss seems like a conflict of interest.
Not really. It is extremely common. You need the perspective of an active coach and this way the rest of the coaches have someone whos ear they can bend with any concerns.

The purpose of a committee like this is to make whomever is hired look like a consensus hire that was made with all appropriate due diligence.

ballz2thewall

yep.
The rest of the frog.

Seebs

Steinmetz was a complete bad-ass in Inglorious Basterds.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

bphi11ips

Quote from: huntindoc on November 22, 2017, 04:33:18 pm
I would think an "advisory" committee would make a recommendation to Chancellor Steinmetz and he will make a decision.  He would not be obligated to follow the recommedation.

This
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: hobhog on November 22, 2017, 02:55:41 pm

As I recall Bill Montgomery was on the search committee 20 years ago and was one of the folks advocating against the pro-Nutt campaign but got outvoted.

Can't imagine Montgomery being involved now unless whatever is happening will be more to his liking this time.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 22, 2017, 07:53:49 pm
As I recall Bill Montgomery was on the search committee 20 years ago and was one of the folks advocating against the pro-Nutt campaign but got outvoted.

Can't imagine Montgomery being involved now unless whatever is happening will be more to his liking this time.

There's a difference between a search committee and an advisory committee. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DoctorSusscrofa

I love all the "something big is going to happen and it's really moving now!" BS.  If anybody really knew a darn thing right now they'd say what it was so the announcement would back them up. All this "it's going to happen before Christmas or President's Day" is just crap.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

jgphillips3

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 22, 2017, 10:12:36 pm
I love all the "something big is going to happen and it's really moving now!" BS.  If anybody really knew a darn thing right now they'd say what it was so the announcement would back them up. All this "it's going to happen before Christmas or President's Day" is just crap.

Well, when you have offers out, you don't really know who is going to say yes until they do and so that makes the coaching position doubtful until Saturday at a minimum but maybe the AD might move faster.  Still, that would mean things are moving and it will be "big" when it happens.

WilsonHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 22, 2017, 10:12:36 pm

People - me included - will say what can be said. I trust the people who I get info from, and I appreciate their trust in me. I'm not about to put something out on a public message board to people I don't know from Adam just so I can be "right." I'm not seeking validation; don't need it.

I also haven't drawn any lines in the sand; on the days are our new AD and our new football coach are hired, I will have one thing in common with both of them - we will be Razorbacks.

onebadrubi

Quote from: tusked on November 22, 2017, 02:19:36 pm
Just in time to name Scanlon next weekend.

I don't know how many times I have to say it, it is NOT scanlon.  I don't know who it will be, but I know it's not scanlon.