Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odds, Money Line, BPI What the $$$ says about Hogs v Butler

Started by checkraiser88, March 11, 2018, 07:10:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

This is not a good sign at all, this thing has been fairly accurate

Dr. Starcs

PharmacistHog

Well hell. Might as well not even play. Save the jet fuel.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 11, 2018, 07:13:51 pm
Vegas has it as a pick em I believe.

Sounds about right. I figured we might get to -2 at best. We should not underestimate them one bit.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

onebadrubi

We are a popular public pick at the moment, that is never good.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 11, 2018, 07:13:32 pm
This is not a good sign at all, this thing has been fairly accurate

They also had Texas A&M and Florida and Auburn...etc. favored against us.  Saw how those matchups worked out ;)
HOGS = LIFE

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

OldTimeHawg

HOGS = LIFE

SoIndianaHog

Being from Indiana I can tell you Butler will be no joke. I teach with some Bulldog alum, so this will be big for bragging rights. When we take care of them all the Boilermaker fans will be hard to deal with. Come on Hogs give a chance to talk a lot of trash for the next year!!

WxHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 11, 2018, 07:13:51 pm
Vegas has it as a pick em I believe.
They did.  And money is now going to Butler. Butler -1

hobhog

Butler will give us all we want. And more.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: hobhog on March 11, 2018, 07:55:00 pm
Butler will give us all we want. And more.

So I'm guessing you are picking Butler? 
HOGS = LIFE

Poker_hog

Butler has opened as a 1 point favorite.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

checkraiser88

Butler is 9-1 in its last 10 first round games

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 11, 2018, 07:56:47 pm
Butler has opened as a 1 point favorite.

I honestly think it will be Arkansas -1.5 to -2 by the end of the week.
HOGS = LIFE

checkraiser88

The guys on ESPN were saying Butler is an experienced team, no mention of our experience

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 11, 2018, 07:59:41 pm
The guys on ESPN were saying Butler is an experienced team, no mention of our experience

Take what ESPN says with a grain of salt.  They have and always will be Hog haters. 

This is not your Brad Steven's Butler team.  Yes, they are tough.  But lets not act like they are the Butler teams of years past.  This is more than a winnable game for Arkansas if they come out and play like we know they can. 
HOGS = LIFE

The real Hogules

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 11, 2018, 07:57:48 pm
Butler is 9-1 in its last 10 first round games

So, how many players on the current Butler roster participated  in any of that 9-1 NCAAT first round record?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

010HogFan

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 11, 2018, 08:01:16 pm
Take what ESPN says with a grain of salt.  They have and always will be Hog haters. 

This is not your Brad Steven's Butler team.  Yes, they are tough.  But lets not act like they are the Butler teams of years past.  This is more than a winnable game for Arkansas if they come out and play like we know they can. 

The guys on TBS took Arkansas, even said we would beat Purdue. So it cancels out.

Mjs84

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 11, 2018, 07:59:41 pm

Espn totally hates us.

BenDial

Butler has been in some barn burners. Could be a fun game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I'm not sure what goes into that but they had bama as a 60 percent pick vs us and 80 percent chance to beat LSU.

3kgthog

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 11, 2018, 07:27:17 pm
They also had Texas A&M and Florida and Auburn...etc. favored against us.  Saw how those matchups worked out ;)

Worked out pretty well for them the first time we played.

arkansas1994

Butler -1,   whatever

Oliver

Fivethirtyeight.com has Butler as having a 60% chance of reaching round 2. 

Vegas, Power Rankings, and statistical models not loving us

arkansas1994

only 7 seed not favored

onebadrubi

Quick question, what is butlers record in tourney under their new coach?

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 11, 2018, 08:24:59 pm
Worked out pretty well for them the first time we played.

But not so the second time we played them...Go figure  ;) :P

And I can argue the 2nd time is more important since it's the most recent one.

Hit the showers and come back with a stronger take tomorrow  ;)
HOGS = LIFE

rhames

So basically a pick em?

Who cares?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bogghawg

Seth Greenburg picked us to beat Butler and Purdue.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 11, 2018, 08:38:11 pm
Seth Greenburg picked us to beat Butler and Purdue.
The guys on the selection show had us making the Sweet 16. But yet we have fans....

jst01

I'm embarrassed by the number of Hogville fans that think everyone (refs, committee, analysts, Espn predictions) is out to get AR and we are always getting disrespected. It's such a weak and unoriginal argument. I think some would rather believe others are out to get AR rather than believe the truth...and that truth is that most national perspectives don't give a crap about AR.

Pigsear

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 11, 2018, 08:41:07 pm
The guys on the selection show had us making the Sweet 16. But yet we have fans....
Because our fans know how inconsistent we are.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Pigsear on March 11, 2018, 08:51:38 pm
Because our fans know how inconsistent we are.

I can easily make the same argument for just about every team this year.  That's why this field is so open.  Anyone can win with a good night this year.
HOGS = LIFE

Bassrox

As easy as the drive would have been to Dallas for Razorback fans, it's an easier drive to Detroit for Butler fans. They will essentially have a home court advantage.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Bassrox on March 11, 2018, 08:57:37 pm
As easy as the drive would have been to Dallas for Razorback fans, it's an easier drive to Detroit for Butler fans. They will essentially have a home court advantage.

Yeah but if Butler fans are anything like NWA Hog fans they will be far to scared to show up in Detroit.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

OldTimeHawg

Didn't Seton Hall last year have a pretty good drive to our 1st round game last year?  K.  Think that's not a big deal for these Hogs.  Same thing for North Carolina.  Didn't seem to affect them. 
HOGS = LIFE

Dark Helmet Hog

I like our chances. Perfect opportunity for Mike to use one of Nolan's old tactics and play the disrespect card. Us against the world.

bvillepig

Butler is very solid. This will be a tough one.  I watched them beat Villanova and they shoot the ball well. It will depend on how well Macon and Barford play. It will be fun because our VP of sales played at Butler a long time ago.

Go Hogs

hoglady

About 300 mile drive for Butler fans / about the same distance for Purdue fans
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bvillepig on March 11, 2018, 09:04:27 pm
Butler is very solid. This will be a tough one.  I watched them beat Villanova and they shoot the ball well. It will depend on how well Macon and Barford play . It will be fun because our VP of sales played at Butler a long time ago.

Go Hogs

So same as ever?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

We go as our 3 guards shoot so, yeah....Butler.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

OldTimeHawg

HOGS = LIFE

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 11, 2018, 08:59:41 pm
Yeah but if Butler fans are anything like NWA Hog fans they will be far to scared to show up in Detroit.

Just shut up...geez.

Hogginintheville

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 11, 2018, 08:59:41 pm

Butler doesn't have a big fan base. Even being that close they will only have 2-3k fans there. Purdue on the other hand will have a lot of fans there.

(notOM)Rebel123

Some of y'all worry to much.

popcornhog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 11, 2018, 07:10:50 pm
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401025827

I think we are the better overall team and can absolutely win.

But here is the thing — there are two ways to have a great shot at getting up big on the hogs:

Have a PG who can penetrate and dish or be able to can a bunch of threes. We tend to give a lot of open three point looks, although the matchup zone has shown to help of late.
WPS