Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early signing period

Started by Piggfoot, January 29, 2017, 10:00:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Some have said if a early signing period was adopted, this change would help teams like Arkansas. However, would this not be a double edged sword? If a recruit signs early and then fails to academically qualify would it not be the same as now? I'm still confused about this.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 29, 2017, 10:00:17 pm
Some have said if a early signing period was adopted, this change would help teams like Arkansas. However, would this not be a double edged sword? If a recruit signs early and then fails to academically qualify would it not be the same as now? I'm still confused about this.
I Wouldn't think that an early signing period would alter CBB's policy of being qualified before you are offered therefore wouldn't sign someone who would later not qualify

NotSoFastMyFriend

Arkansas will not sign non-qualifiers so it would have no effect.

factchecker

Close to half of our class this year were early enrollees.  We rarely sign kids who are waiting for the last test score to qualify.  The only time we signed a academic non-qualifier was Jovan Pruitt.  We tried to sign and place but he never made it out of JUCO.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS