Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFERS!!!

Started by HogNDas, March 10, 2016, 07:40:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNDas

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 16, 2016, 08:38:41 pm
Your "JMO's!" are simplistic, naive and conveyed on a level consistent with an uneducated person. There's my "just sayin" to you.
ooooh, you got me on that...whatever!!!...the substance of the post is what matters and this post is irrelevant.  Your post matters not to the subject....bet as a kid you loved saying "nah nah, nah nah, boo boo" cause you're still saying it. Get a life and get with the thread. No one wants to waste time on your worthless posts that mean nothing to the subject at hand....sorry, I digress.....

HogNDas

Gotta get the kids in bed... "Good Night Y'all"  WPS and YES, WE CAN!!!!!!    :razorback:

HogNDas

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 16, 2016, 08:38:41 pm
Your "JMO's!" are simplistic, naive and conveyed on a level consistent with an uneducated person. There's my "just sayin" to you.
BTW, before I go to bed, I already said I have an AR public school education, so you may be right!...LOL.... JK!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: HogNDas on March 16, 2016, 08:44:17 pm
ooooh, you got me on that...whatever!!!...the substance of the post is what matters and this post is irrelevant.  Your post matters not to the subject....bet as a kid you loved saying "nah nah, nah nah, boo boo" cause you're still saying it. Get a life and get with the thread. No one wants to waste time on your worthless posts that mean nothing to the subject at hand....sorry, I digress.....

Worthless posts? It's JMO! SOME folks get mad when they hear what they don't want to hear!

Sound familiar?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 16, 2016, 08:54:04 pm
Worthless posts? It's JMO! SOME folks get mad when they hear what they don't want to hear!

Sound familiar?

Who is your guess?

jjdlc

Quote from: HogNDas on March 16, 2016, 08:04:03 pm
AGREE....but the classes, to this point are NOT at the level it will take to win a NC... just depends on where your priorities are,  BOWL?  BIG 6 BOWL?  NC?   I want a NC!!

Everyone here wants a NC, it isn't going to happen over night, you have to start with a solid foundation, something that IMO, Bielema has done a very good job at. 

You also seem to have missed a primary point of my post, the fact that we are over 100 offers now has zero to do with ramping up, or getting off their butts, or anything else you want to call it.  They were always going to make a lot of offers, they just weren't going to do it till they were done with due diligence.  They have done the due diligence, now they are making the offers.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on March 16, 2016, 08:06:18 pm
2-3 weeks ago we were sucking hind tit on offers... YES, the dynamic in recruiting is such that it can change that quickly....Thanks for noticing...shows that everyone IS paying attn to my posts!!!
Might want to check your ego at the door. The "shows that everyone IS paying attn to my posts" ain't exactly the ramblings of a humble poster. BTW glad you took MY advice and contacted the staff and told them to get off their rears and instructed them how to get those offers out. Yeah, riiigggghhhhttttt....... :o ::)

Vantage 8 dude

Waste of time? I'll tell you a waste of time: at least 262 posts on the same "we got to offer every kid in America and we needed to do it three years ago last Saturday" tone of virtually every one of your posts. Okay, we get it......you're unhappy with the rate that we offer and the fact that we haven't thrown out at least 21 offers to kids from IMG Academy (need to offer more than Butch Jones on this one) and that we haven't offered to each male child being born in the state as soon as they're delivered. Geez, are you actually capable of discussing anything else? If so, please just indicate such by actually doing so. I anticipate this being a major challenge for you. Please prove me (and us) wrong.

justmakeit2thebcs

Did you just use the phrase "whatever"?  Explains everything about you.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 17, 2016, 07:11:43 am
Waste of time? I'll tell you a waste of time: at least 262 posts on the same "we got to offer every kid in America and we needed to do it three years ago last Saturday" tone of virtually every one of your posts. Okay, we get it......you're unhappy with the rate that we offer and the fact that we haven't thrown out at least 21 offers to kids from IMG Academy (need to offer more than Butch Jones on this one) and that we haven't offered to each male child being born in the state as soon as they're delivered. Geez, are you actually capable of discussing anything else? If so, please just indicate such by actually doing so. I anticipate this being a major challenge for you. Please prove me (and us) wrong.

7898 and counting!

Smarter, harder, faster, those are the things that get you ahead in life.  You don't seem to be able to make the correlation between that and closing the gap between us and the elite of the football world.  Please explain to us you theory of status quo so that we might better understand how we are closing the gap.

RME

Quote from: HogNDas on March 16, 2016, 08:21:53 pm
makes SOME folks mad when they hear what they don't want to hear!  9/14 within our conference will NOT win a NC....just sayin....and it is... JMO!

I almost hate myself for asking this question...but aside from "offer early, offer often", what other factors do you personally think affect Arkansas recruiting? 

Cinco de Hogo

Am I imagining things or is RD posting more stuff about younger players than ever before?  Maybe I'm just paying attention because of this argument but maybe not.

jjdlc

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2016, 09:52:53 am
Am I imagining things or is RD posting more stuff about younger players than ever before?  Maybe I'm just paying attention because of this argument but maybe not.

Not really, he always posts about a lot of underclassmen this time of year.  This time of year, into the summer, there are tons of camps and stuff going on, like the Opening event, etc, so there is a lot of info being made available about possible future recruits.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2016, 08:44:32 am
7898 and counting!

Smarter, harder, faster, those are the things that get you ahead in life.  You don't seem to be able to make the correlation between that and closing the gap between us and the elite of the football world.  Please explain to us you theory of status quo so that we might better understand how we are closing the gap.
Well keep going and you'll soon reach mine. To answer your question, however, I believe we need to begin identifying potential candidates as early as possible and begin to develop/strengthen our relationships with both them, their coaches and if appropriate, other team mates. While this gives an opportunity to begin the cultivation of the "one-on-ones", it also allows us the chance to being examining and checking the kid's "credentials" in accordance with the factors the staff has indicated are the most important for a kid to garner a potential offer. What I'm NOT necessarily in favor of is doing a Butch Jones-type whole sale offer to an IMG Academy, a blanket offer to the top five hundred kids in the country or some such nonsense. We plan our work and work our plan. I.E. we forecast and project the areas of both immediate and longer term needs over the next one to four years and target kids that fit our criteria accordingly. So despite your claims to the contrary I WOULD tweak the system if I were the HC. However, since I'm obviously not I'll trust the staff to examine what has and hasn't worked effectively and make changes as necessary. Oh, and one other thing: I'm damn well not going to spend every post on HV bitching and complaining about who and when we offer. I'll let the guys whose actual careers and livelihood depend on such success to handle that.

BTW don't tell me about how to succeed in life. You obviously know nothing about me and my history, as I know nothing about yours. I wouldn't assume to have the right to advise you how to live yours. Pride is a great thing, just as long it doesn't turn to hubris. Might want to pass that one to your "kissing buddy" who you butted in for.

scruf

I hate it when mom and dad fight in front of us.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: scruf on March 17, 2016, 03:53:15 pm
I hate it when mom and dad fight in front of us.
Yeah, ain't it down right ugly ??? ;) 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 17, 2016, 03:39:08 pm
Well keep going and you'll soon reach mine. To answer your question, however, I believe we need to begin identifying potential candidates as early as possible and begin to develop/strengthen our relationships with both them, their coaches and if appropriate, other team mates. While this gives an opportunity to begin the cultivation of the "one-on-ones", it also allows us the chance to being examining and checking the kid's "credentials" in accordance with the factors the staff has indicated are the most important for a kid to garner a potential offer. What I'm NOT necessarily in favor of is doing a Butch Jones-type whole sale offer to an IMG Academy, a blanket offer to the top five hundred kids in the country or some such nonsense. We plan our work and work our plan. I.E. we forecast and project the areas of both immediate and longer term needs over the next one to four years and target kids that fit our criteria accordingly. So despite your claims to the contrary I WOULD tweak the system if I were the HC. However, since I'm obviously not I'll trust the staff to examine what has and hasn't worked effectively and make changes as necessary. Oh, and one other thing: I'm damn well not going to spend every post on HV bitching and complaining about who and when we offer. I'll let the guys whose actual careers and livelihood depend on such success to handle that.

BTW don't tell me about how to succeed in life. You obviously know nothing about me and my history, as I know nothing about yours. I wouldn't assume to have the right to advise you how to live yours. Pride is a great thing, just as long it doesn't turn to hubris. Might want to pass that one to your "kissing buddy" who you butted in for.

Nice to see your coming around although you continue to make outrageous claims about other people's post. And it's only ugly because you make it so. If I think we can always work smarter, harder and faster and I think that would most likely end in more offers sooner that in no way means "500" freaking offers. I believe we need to identify the future stars and get on them asap(and don't misconstrue what ASAP means).  I believe it's only a matter of time before we do exactly that because those are the players we need to move up the ladder.  We don't get them its status quo.  It can happen but it amuses me at the number of power posters that want to argue that it's not nessasary.  But then you will say "that's" not what we are saying again I'm sure 

Ask Hwgndas if he has any problem with my post.

HamSammich

I propose a program where all pediatric units in Arkansas report outstanding length and weight data straight to the UA... We can start building relationships in daycare this way.

If the hogs win 9 or 10 games next year this will be a shameful thread to go back and re-read. Winning has a way of trivializing the trivial.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 04:46:48 pm
I propose a program where all pediatric units in Arkansas report outstanding length and weight data straight to the UA... We can start building relationships in daycare this way.

If the hogs win 9 or 10 games next year this will be a shameful thread to go back and re-read. Winning has a way of trivializing the trivial.

LOL!  We have to many 6' 2" 245lb 4.6 LBers, I think we need some 6' 3" 250lb 4.5 LBers.

Now go play with that one for awhile. 😉

And why did you use the word "if"?

HamSammich

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2016, 05:01:41 pm

And why did you use the word "if"?

Im a realist which will ultimately get me banned here.

I need to see Austin allen, Whaley, and the left side of the o-line including center before I start calling a 9+ win season.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 05:19:44 pm

I need to see Austin allen, Whaley, and the left side of the o-line including center before I start calling a 9+ win season.

If you get banned it won't be for being a realist. It'll be for being a prick. And I speak from experience.

Tyro3

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 17, 2016, 05:34:39 pm
If you get banned it won't be for being a realist. It'll be for being a prick. And I speak from experience.

That made me laugh, humility is a great trait!

Wildhog

I was once banned for "general idiocy."
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tyro3

Quote from: Wildhog on March 17, 2016, 05:44:43 pm
I was once banned for "general idiocy."

Damn, that covers about 99% of Hogville.

Cinco de Hogo

You guys hitting too close to home, I was banned for arguing too much.

HogNDas

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2016, 04:25:48 pm
Nice to see your coming around although you continue to make outrageous claims about other people's post. And it's only ugly because you make it so. If I think we can always work smarter, harder and faster and I think that would most likely end in more offers sooner that in no way means "500" freaking offers. I believe we need to identify the future stars and get on them asap(and don't misconstrue what ASAP means).  I believe it's only a matter of time before we do exactly that because those are the players we need to move up the ladder.  We don't get them its status quo.  It can happen but it amuses me at the number of power posters that want to argue that it's not nessasary.  But then you will say "that's" not what we are saying again I'm sure 

Great post Cinco....now WHY can't I say it that cool & calmly....  Good job!.

Wildhog

Quote from: HogNDas on March 17, 2016, 06:46:27 pm

If you have an unpopular opinion, you will be attacked.  If you respond in kind, it will be YOU that gets blamed.  The best way to avoid this is to be as non-confrontational as possible while presenting your case.  So far you haven't been very good at that.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Cinco de Hogo

They only real problem I have with the other side is they think I(we) are jumping down CBB's throat and so they rush to defend something that isn't there.  I think CBB is doing what he needs to do but just like in any venture if you need to knock down a barrier you have to do something different than you've done in the past.  There are probably several things that the coaches have already discussed and are implementing as we speak and we may not even recognize them or understand the results.  Number of offers and when they are made is a pretty easy one to track and therefore talk about. 

For me it's pretty hard to understand their problem with the concept.

AirWarren

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 05:19:44 pm

Hogville hates realists. Hogville loves homerism. I too have been banned for being a realist.

HamSammich

Quote from: AP85 on March 17, 2016, 08:25:18 pm
Hogville hates realists. Hogville loves homerism. I too have been banned for being a realist.

I know man. Ive been a lurker for years. For being a realist you will be either labeled 1) a Nutt Fan 2) a BP fan or 3) not a real fan.  And when those people that were labeled one of the three and fought back. They vanished.

It is what it is. If I get banned Ill just lurk for another 4 years.

Cheers

jkstock04

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 10, 2016, 08:25:40 am
That's just stupid. It's not an excuse.

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND A FEW KEY BIELEMA PRINCIPLES.

-when you receive an offer, it is committable.
-99% of our offers are made to kids we know will be cleared, 1% because life has errors
-we like to offer in person when given the chance.  There is a lot to be gained for both sides by offering in person. You can read a lot from a player and a player can see importance from a staff.
-we want the kid to have visited or have plans to visit real soon after an offer.
-they must fit the "uncommon" mold Bielema and his staff have set forth
-instate offers can come slow but only because we will NOT offer and not accept a commit from instate.
Man after reading this I feel like I jumped in a swimming pool of Kool-aid! Do #1 and #6 not contradict one another?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Lol, you were banned for trolling. You may be a realist, but you definitely like to fish, haha.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 04:46:48 pm

Ain't it the truth.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2016, 06:12:11 pm
You guys hitting too close to home, I was banned for arguing too much.
Well I could certainly understand that.   

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2016, 04:25:48 pm

'Fraid your wrong again. If you think I'm "coming around" it's merely because I've long recognized that the best shot that almost any program has is to establish the relationships and contacts early. The longer someone has known about a program and the more comfortable they feel around a coach/staff the more likely it is they'll be open to committing. Then again, that goes for most things in life; it's usually about relationships so no particular rocket science there.

So to whether or not I care whether Hwgandas has a problem (or not) with your post I honestly don't give a damn.

lumphog

Can't we all just get along........F#$@! It.....This is FUN

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 17, 2016, 10:52:52 pm
Well I could certainly understand that.

Haha! And I'm good at it too aren't I? 😊

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 17, 2016, 11:02:26 pm
'Fraid your wrong again. If you think I'm "coming around" it's merely because I've long recognized that the best shot that almost any program has is to establish the relationships and contacts early. The longer someone has known about a program and the more comfortable they feel around a coach/staff the more likely it is they'll be open to committing. Then again, that goes for most things in life; it's usually about relationships so no particular rocket science there.

So to whether or not I care whether Hwgandas has a problem (or not) with your post I honestly don't give a damn.

He doesn't have a "problem" he has an "opinion".  I still say your coming around!

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2016, 08:41:56 pm
Lol, you were banned for trolling. You may be a realist, but you definitely like to fish, haha.

I call it. Trolling with realism. Haha

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: AP85 on March 18, 2016, 06:45:02 am
I call it. Trolling with realism. Haha
So your really a troll?

PorkRinds

While we are off topic, the incorrect usage of your/you're in this thread is out of control! If you're going to communicate effectively, you MUST use correct grammar! So annoying!

Pork Twain

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 18, 2016, 08:01:50 am
While we are off topic, the incorrect usage of your/you're in this thread is out of control! If you're going to communicate effectively, you MUST use correct grammar! So annoying!
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

southarkhog06

Dude, nobody is arguing that the coaches can't or shouldn't improve their methods. Every employed person on the planet should be trying to improve their methods daily. What we are arguing with you about is your insistence that if the coaches don't do things your way they are lazy, your saying the same thing 10,000 times in almost every thread in this forum and your excessive use of Caps and exclamation marks.

Maybe if you stopped crying about being a victim for a second you could see that.

but that's JMO!!!!!!!!... EVERYONE can have an OPINNION!!!!!!!

southarkhog06

no hogville dislikes Dooshbags, Sorry just being realistic.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 18, 2016, 09:10:57 am
no hogville dislikes Dooshbags, Sorry just being realistic.

Leave Hogville out the of it, it's certain people who can't carry on a decent conversation without calling people names that causes all problems.  They do not represent Hogville.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 18, 2016, 09:21:08 am
Leave Hogville out the of it, it's certain people who can't carry on a decent conversation without calling people names that causes all problems.  They do not represent Hogville.
I admire your compulsion to defend these guys but I think they can handle themselves.

maybe I shouldn't have said "Dooshbag", but it was shorter that typing "people that hold their own opinion in such high regard that they call anyone that disagrees with them a homer, or ignorant, or doesn't know X sport. Then cries about being oppressed and Mod double standards when they inevitably earn a vacation."