Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preparing for my Fantasy Draft - Matt Jones

Started by WilsonHog, July 28, 2005, 10:49:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

The Big Hogowski and I co-own a team in South Mississippi County, and with the draft a month away it's time to pull information together.

Here's the $64,000 question: how high will Matt Jones go in standard leagues (6pts. TD, 3 pts. FG, 1 t. EP)?  I wouldn't project him as any better than a #3 receiver, and maybe a #4. That probably translates into 8th round or later, but he'll go higher just because he's an ex-Razorback.

WindyCityHog

I think it's safe to say that former Hogs go higher in Hog-affiliated leagues.....I was in a league last year where a manager drafted Cedric Cobbs in the 3RD ROUND.....In a 12-team league, MJ is worthy of a 11th or 12th round pick.....but there are a LOT of good WRs out there.

WilsonHog

Too many wide receivers, too few running backs.

We went with Ahman Green in the first round last year, then followed that up with Chad Pennington.

Needless to say, we didn't make the playoffs.

WindyCityHog

I got you trumped.....My first QB was Steve McNair.....and my first RB (6th pick) was Deuce McCallister....Ouch.  I never recovered (thanks to me thinking I was smarter than everyone else and picking Quentin Griffin as my 2nd RB)...