Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oakland grounds crew drops the ball

Started by ucahogfan, April 05, 2014, 11:51:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

The grounds crew in Oakland forgot to tarp the infield on Thursday night as it rained in the Bay Area and the result was the field was unplayable for their game Friday night and could be again on Saturday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/mariners-postponed-o-co-coliseum-grounds-crew-fails-032140016--mlb.html

HawgAdvocate

April 05, 2014, 12:29:52 pm #1 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:52:23 pm by HawgAdvocate
It's not that they forgot. Whichever local meteorologist the team turns to for weather projections was wrong with his advice.

https://twitter.com/TNT_Mariners/status/452280738168066048

With all the rain and humidity that's been hitting that area, the grass has to breathe for an extended period and can't remain covered for too much time over a period of a few days. No one wants to play on dying, yellow grass. I'm betting the groundskeeper was hoping for a green light to leave it off, and the weatherman gave him just enough hope to roll the dice.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

OnTheHillHogFan

It also doesn't help that their whole stadium is a dump
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

yraciv

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 05, 2014, 12:29:52 pm
It's not that they forgot. Whichever local meteorologist the team turns to for weather projections was wrong with his advice.

https://twitter.com/TNT_Mariners/status/452280738168066048

With all the rain and humidity that's been hitting that area, the grass has to breathe for an extended period and can't remain covered for too much time over a period of a few days. No one wants to play on dying, yellow grass. I'm betting the groundskeeper was hoping for a green light to leave it off, and the weatherman gave him just enough hope to roll the dice.

Everyone loves a good tarp pull. Not sure why he'd want to roll the dice.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: yraciv on April 05, 2014, 01:31:19 pm
Everyone loves a good tarp pull. Not sure why he'd want to roll the dice.

Haha, I don't remember you leaving that cave any more than you had to!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 05, 2014, 01:25:42 pm
It also doesn't help that their whole stadium is a dump

Meh, just the plumbing sucks, some of the time. I was there last October for games 1 & 2 of the ALDS against the Tigers. It's not shiny and new by any stretch, but it gets the job done.

The Boar War

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 05, 2014, 02:55:29 pm
Meh, just the plumbing sucks, some of the time. I was there last October for games 1 & 2 of the ALDS against the Tigers. It's not shiny and new by any stretch, but it gets the job done.

Are you an A's fan?

HawgAdvocate