Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn wins big

Started by lechon, December 31, 2011, 06:32:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogninja

Quote from: NEastArkie on December 31, 2011, 11:02:53 pm
i imagine its a money thing. He took a big pay cut to go to asu. He is being paid much more for his month there, especially with the likely bonus for a bowl and bowl win. 
Heard the other day that his contract with AU was a one year contract, thus he may have broken even next year after this year AND got a HC job to boot.

jamie72921

Auburn sucks.

The SEC is down. I mean our eighth place team couldn't even beat the Big Least Co champ and the Bobby Dodd Winner got his head handed to him by that sucky bunch of Gamecocks.

Some of you guys should be too embarrassed to continue posting but it is good to see that you don't let facts get involved in your opinion forming processes.
Bless your heart

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogninja on January 01, 2012, 12:26:16 am
Heard the other day that his contract with AU was a one year contract, thus he may have broken even next year after this year AND got a HC job to boot.

Its pretty standard for all assitant contracts to be 1 year with no buyout because the whole idea is for your assistants to be either easily fired for poor results, or easily able to move up to a better job if they do well...

There are some notable exceptions...Illinois went with 2 year contracts for its assistants, and nearly had a court battle on its hand after it fired them all this year.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Pulled(PP)pork

boy, some of youse look like idiots now......

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Corndog7 on December 31, 2011, 11:37:32 pm
Sure is easy to say this after the game is over.  Really only makes sense to talk this kind of smack if you made a correct prediction before the game.  On the record.
so, it would have been better to predict a Auburn loss?  for the record?

how about not predicting foolishness when you don't actually know, either way

PP

ChitownHawg

All of you predicting Virginia and especially those predicting a blow out -must retract any prediction of a Hogs win.

Do it for the sake of the Hogs - fall on that sword and admit you do not know football well enough to predict.  Our Hogs cannot beat KSU with your jinx on their backs.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 01, 2012, 07:19:35 am
so, it would have been better to predict a Auburn loss?  for the record?

how about not predicting foolishness when you don't actually know, either way

PP

No, it would be better to not run their mouth about how easy a prediction was to make the other way when they aren't on record as making that easy prediction.

Looks silly to say how easy it was to see that Auburn was going to win after they already won.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 01, 2012, 07:18:06 am
boy, some of youse look like idiots now......

PP
Please, no pics... ;D

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Corndog7 on January 01, 2012, 08:16:49 am
No, it would be better to not run their mouth about how easy a prediction was to make the other way when they aren't on record as making that easy prediction.

Looks silly to say how easy it was to see that Auburn was going to win after they already won.

I'm like most everybody here, I imagine.  I'm no expert but I play one on the internet.

I readily admit I picked Auburn to lose - not a blow out, just a close loss.  I figured the two teams were fairly evenly matched and that the Dyer mess and the coordinators leaving would hurt Auburn.  I was wrong.  Auburn played its best game of the year and got a good win for the SEC.  Kudos to the Tigers/WarEagles/Plainsmen/MascotOfTheWeek.  I guess that's why they play the games.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The Divine Swine

January 01, 2012, 09:44:00 am #109 Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:46:37 am by Hogcrates
Quote from: dxf04 on December 31, 2011, 08:03:56 pm
That's a hootie-era mentality.  If we're going to be a "big-time" team, it's time to start resting on our own laurels instead of those of the other teams in the SEC.

Nonsense. It is not just a hootie era mentality. It is the mentality that makes sense. Logic says we obviously want our opponents to do well when not playing us correct? Especially out of conference. We do play in the SEC, but it does not guarantee anything. a great deal of pundits, not to mention the idiotic programming of the computers said okie state played a tougher schedule than most of the sec this year, but they still got left out of the big game. I believe bama is better, but had it been OU or texas or uscw or tosu in the same boat as okie state then one of those teams would get in over bama. Most of the voters said this is probably the case.

Point is, just taking care of business is not good enough in this bs system. Our strength of schedule depends on the success of our opponents. So common sense and logic says we root for the sec in non conference match ups. I understand hating aubbie because of their cheating ways and buying Arkansas kids, but when they win it helps us if you look at the bigger picture. The more the sec wins the better the brand. Right now, Arkansas is one of the elites of said brand. More logic and common sense. Go Hogs, beat ksu.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Blue35

Gus and his offense showed up big time. Todd remarked that Arkansas State will be glad to see that offense. Maybe he will install the midget  play in Jonesboro to go with the hurry up play.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Corndog7 on January 01, 2012, 08:16:49 am

agreed, making predictions because you have hate for a team is stupid.  but nonetheless, Auburn kicked arse and it was silly to predict a lopsided loss for them.

PP

Hogwop

I consider myself an "SEC guy", I did the chant with 40,000 hog fans in 2000 (cotton vs Texas) but I just can't bring myself to root for Auburn. In the championship game last year I was rooting for the streak to continue, not necessarily for Aubie
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

HoggyCat

Good, in a way......

The more teams from 15th thru 30th in polls means less from for stAte to move up.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.