Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did you see Mitch in 2005?

Started by excoach, June 05, 2006, 02:02:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many times did you see MM play a high school football game.

Never
56 (29.3%)
Once
57 (29.8%)
2-5 times
48 (25.1%)
6 or more
30 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 10, 2006, 02:02:20 pm

yraciv

Saw him twice and both games were against Southside.

edmo

Once, Final Game. WOW, what an impressive team.

nwarkboyz#1

i saw him against evangel and against jenks but i also saw him in the army all American game, and i have to tell you the truth, the people in America watching  that game must have thought Mitch stunk b/c that day he really was not on target, but any other time i saw him he was kicking Texas
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

wolf24

I watched Mitch and the men in a little town called PRESCOTT.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on June 05, 2006, 08:13:37 pm
Since over half the responses indicate having seen Mitch once or not at all, you might be interested in watching SHS vs. Jenks:  http://www.manionavra.com/clients/bulldogtvonline.com/jenks%20game.htm

I haven't checked if the film for the other games works, but here's the link to some of them:  http://www.manionavra.com/clients/bulldogtvonline.com/playoffs.htm

You'll see why we're so excited about Gus, Mitchell, Damian, Ben, and Andrew being Hogs now!!!

You seem awful high on the guy, especially seeing how he's your primary competition for the starting QB job.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 06, 2006, 02:00:59 am
Since over half the responses indicate having seen Mitch once or not at all, you might be interested in watching SHS vs. Jenks:  http://www.manionavra.com/clients/bulldogtvonline.com/jenks%20game.htm

I haven't checked if the film for the other games works, but here's the link to some of them:  http://www.manionavra.com/clients/bulldogtvonline.com/playoffs.htm

You'll see why we're so excited about Gus, Mitchell, Damian, Ben, and Andrew being Hogs now!!!

You seem awful high on the guy, especially seeing how he's your primary competition for the starting QB job.

FLKeysGuy will win the job 'cause he's the better hander-offer.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

jkstock04

I saw him play once in '04 and once in '05....impressive both times.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: gmb_79 on June 06, 2006, 03:19:08 am
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on June 06, 2006, 02:00:59 am

FLKeysGuy will win the job 'cause he's the better hander-offer.

He and I already did "rock, paper, scissors" and he won the starting job from me. 8)

HoopS

I saw him on TV his Jr year and again in Army All-Star game.  I listened to his press row interview just before his recommitt (does that count?)

excoach

No hoophogs the interview on press row doesn't count, but good try.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: excoach on June 06, 2006, 10:09:14 am
No hoophogs the interview on press row doesn't count, but good try.

Are the poll results what you were expecting?

I'm really quite surprised.

excoach

Yes, pretty much so. I think the majority of those who read the post and didn't take the poll are the ones who never watched Mitch play. There have been 743 hits but only 145 votes cast, thus it leads me to believe 598 additonal people would fall into the never, or once catagory.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: excoach on June 06, 2006, 10:23:56 am
Yes, pretty much so. I think the majority of those who read the post and didn't take the poll are the ones who never watched Mitch play. There have been 743 hits but only 145 votes cast, thus it leads me to believe 598 additonal people would fall into the never, or once catagory.

You obviously had a better "take" on the participants of this board than I did.  I was stunned by how few have seen more than 2 games -- especially in light of how many "discussions" there have been regarding the Springdale 4 and Gus' offense.  I would have thought that 75% of the board would have seen at least 3 SHS games last year.

excoach

I was reading a thread yesterday with all these experts on Mitch and them commenting on if he would start or not. Then it got my curiosity up wondering how many of these posters have actually seen him play, thus the post & poll.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: excoach on June 06, 2006, 10:54:38 am
I was reading a thread yesterday with all these experts on Mitch and them commenting on if he would start or not. Then it got my curiosity up wondering how many of these posters have actually seen him play, thus the post & poll.

The results of the poll certainly explain what I consider to be "irrational skepticism" about MM.

excoach

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on June 06, 2006, 10:55:57 am

The results of the poll certainly explain what I consider to be "irrational skepticism" about MM.

Yep.  I thought surely everyone in Arkansas had seen him play, though not everyone who posts here lives in Arkansas.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

HoopS

Quote from: gmb_79 on June 06, 2006, 11:50:39 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on June 06, 2006, 10:55:57 am

Yep.  I thought surely everyone in Arkansas had seen him play, though not everyone who posts here lives in Arkansas.

you hit the nail on the head.  If I were still in Arkansas, I would have seen him several times.  Most of my opinions about Mitch, uh Mitchell, are based off of Fl Keys posts.

SwinedMelon

Here is what I think you can expect from Mitch when he does play...

In the first quarter he seems to struggle with his accuracy for maybe 4 passes or so, but after that he starts to get into a rythm. His passes become automatic strikes. This goes for short and long passes as well. Even though he is off, he still was not making bad decisions or throwing interceptions when I witnessed this last year. I think this phenomenon had a lot to do with why he never got into a rythm in the Army Allstar game. That coupled with several other things. I blame it on whoever gave him that damn "Play like a champion" towel.

Now, I don't know anything about QB mechanics and such, but he just moves so fluidly like he has run the play 1000 times. This may be in part because of how Gus runs the hurry-up/no-huddle in practice as well. It means more plays per game and more plays per practice, too. Gus also works the guys on perfecting plays- not just running a bunch of plays. Mustain just looks effortless out there running the offense. It really didn't look like he was putting much effort into it, but you knew he was concentrating. I see some Matt Jones in him in that regard.

He was helped a ton by having an o-line that kept him from being sacked or even hurried 99% of the time. I hope the Hog o-line can protect him or Dick or whoever half as well- amazing that there were no more D-1 o-linemen than Bartley on that team.

One more thing- white boy can run! He was pretty elusive when he needed to tuck the ball and run- almost always called plays since he rarely needed to scramble. He is pretty fast and looked tough to bring down. He's not Matt Jones, but who is? Okay, he's no Vince Young either but you get the picture.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: russellclaude on June 06, 2006, 12:04:23 pm
Here is what I think you can expect from Mitch when he does play...

In the first quarter he seems to struggle with his accuracy for maybe 4 passes or so, but after that he starts to get into a rhythm. His passes become automatic strikes. This goes for short and long passes as well. Even though he is off, he still was not making bad decisions or throwing interceptions when I witnessed this last year. I think this phenomenon had a lot to do with why he never got into a rhythm in the Army Allstar game. That coupled with several other things. I blame it on whoever gave him that damn "Play like a champion" towel.

Now, I don't know anything about QB mechanics and such, but he just moves so fluidly like he has run the play 1000 times. This may be in part because of how Gus runs the hurry-up/no-huddle in practice as well. It means more plays per game and more plays per practice, too. Gus also works the guys on perfecting plays- not just running a bunch of plays. Mustain just looks effortless out there running the offense. It really didn't look like he was putting much effort into it, but you knew he was concentrating. I see some Matt Jones in him in that regard.

He was helped a ton by having an o-line that kept him from being sacked or even hurried 99% of the time. I hope the Hog o-line can protect him or Dick or whoever half as well- amazing that there were no more D-1 o-linemen than Bartley on that team.

One more thing- white boy can run! He was pretty elusive when he needed to tuck the ball and run- almost always called plays since he rarely needed to scramble. He is pretty fast and looked tough to bring down. He's not Matt Jones, but who is? Okay, he's no Vince Young either but you get the picture.

There you go hoophogs... this is a great analysis!  Very observant and astute!  I especially have to agree with that part about blaming the person who gave Mitchell that filthy "Play Like A Champion Today" towel -- that guy is a jerkoff!

Photog

I saw him play every high school game but one. I was on the sidelines this past year for every game but the Prescott game shooting pictures. I have around 200 pics of him. Shot a total of 4998 pictures of the whole team this past year. Sure was fun!!!

AFWarrior83

Never seen him in person, but the Damian and Mitch highlights really makes me believe that our FB program is on the RISE.
Hogville member since 2005.

reddogfan

Quote from: Photog on June 06, 2006, 05:42:02 pm
I saw him play every high school game but one. I was on the sidelines this past year for every game but the Prescott game shooting pictures. I have around 200 pics of him. Shot a total of 4998 pictures of the whole team this past year. Sure was fun!!!
I can't believe you actually missed a game...

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: reddogfan on June 06, 2006, 05:50:42 pm

What a slacker!  LOL!

reddogfan

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on June 06, 2006, 06:18:18 pm

What a slacker!  LOL!
What I want to know, FKG, is if he actually took 4998 pictures of the SHS team, why only 200 of Mustain...what's up with that!!  :) 

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: reddogfan on June 06, 2006, 06:30:37 pm

What a slacker!  LOL!
What I want to know, FKG, is if he actually took 4998 pictures of the SHS team, why only 200 of Mustain...what's up with that!!  :) 

Yeah!  That's only 4% of the total!  Of course, as quickly as SHS scored, he had to be pretty quick to get any of the offensive players!!!

excoach

FLKeysGuy you've been MALZAHNIZED!!

bro.coach

Saw him many times.  Very impressive deep accuracy.  As impressive as he was,  Damian was maybe even more impressive.  But the most impressive thing was the effeciency of the offense.  Damian made some unbelievable moves but many times he didn't have to.  There would be nobody within 10 yds.  Same with Clinkscales.  Up the middle untouched for 15 yards.  We saw that every game, several times a game.(can you imagine that with McFadden?)  Receivers wide and I do mean w-i-d-e open over and over.  It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen.

FLKeysGuy

June 07, 2006, 10:07:17 am #78 Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 10:10:53 am by FLKeysGuy
Quote from: bro.coach on June 07, 2006, 09:59:35 am
As impressive as he was,  Damian was maybe even more impressive.  But the most impressive thing was the effeciency of the offense.

I would agree.  Damian is a highlight reel waiting to happen, and Gus' offense allows skill players to exploit defensive weaknesses.  It will be a blast watching McFadden, Jones, Hillis, Monk, and our new guys shine under Gus' offense!

and I am FULLY MALZAHNIZED!!!

excoach

I was impressed with how Mitch would release the ball way before the reciever ever completed his route. You don't see high school QB's who throw this way. I know it all becasue of gus's system. The bright spot is, this is how college and pro QB's throw, so big advantage to MM, no adjustment as to when to throw in college. He will have to adjust to the speed, should get adjusted pretty quick in practice.

Theolesnort

Quote from: excoach on June 07, 2006, 11:20:09 am
I was impressed with how Mitch would release the ball way before the reciever ever completed his route. You don't see high school QB's who throw this way. I know it all becasue of gus's system. The bright spot is, this is how college and pro QB's throw, so big advantage to MM, no adjustment as to when to throw in college. He will have to adjust to the speed, should get adjusted pretty quick in practice.
This is the beauty of the whole situation. He has a great release and can throw hard , soft, long, short, medium, bullets and touch passes. You are right that Gus has a system and this is what a lot of our fans don't realize. Mitch is much more than just a raw recruit with amazing ability taking a step up from highschool to college where many of our fans fear he will be in over his head and not be ready to read college, especially SEC defenses. In Gus's system Gus will do a lot of the reading the defenses and getting us into the right plays. Mitch will have keys that he will read in that framework, and that he can manage. Gus and Mitch have worked together for sometime now fall and summer where they are on the same wave length. This is why I think Mitch will start early and have some success from the get go and as he learns and relaxes it will only get better and better. They are a amazing combo and I am really looking forward to the coming season because even if initially they limit what he does passing it will be enough to scare defenses in honoring the pass and that means Smith, Jones and Mcfadden could really have some fun running the ball.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

excoach

Quote from: Theolesnort on June 07, 2006, 01:24:57 pm
Quote from: excoach on June 07, 2006, 11:20:09 am
This is the beauty of the whole situation. He has a great release and can throw hard , soft, long, short, medium, bullets and touch passes. You are right that Gus has a system and this is what a lot of our fans don't realize. Mitch is much more than just a raw recruit with amazing ability taking a step up from highschool to college where many of our fans fear he will be in over his head and not be ready to read college, especially SEC defenses. In Gus's system Gus will do a lot of the reading the defenses and getting us into the right plays. Mitch will have keys that he will read in that framework, and that he can manage. Gus and Mitch have worked together for sometime now fall and summer where they are on the same wave length. This is why I think Mitch will start early and have some success from the get go and as he learns and relaxes it will only get better and better. They are a amazing combo and I am really looking forward to the coming season because even if initially they limit what he does passing it will be enough to scare defenses in honoring the pass and that means Smith, Jones and Mcfadden could really have some fun running the ball.

I totally agree with your post.

Photog

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on June 06, 2006, 06:39:24 pm
Quote from: reddogfan on June 06, 2006, 06:30:37 pm

What a slacker!  LOL!

Yeah!  That's only 4% of the total!  Of course, as quickly as SHS scored, he had to be pretty quick to get any of the offensive players!!!

I know I know sorry for missing one game I will do better I promise.

As for only 200 pics of Mitch its hard to shoot pics of him he didn't stay on the feild long enough. And thats my exuse and I'm sticking to it. lol

Only missed 6 Springdale games since 1999 Don't know what I am going to do this year prolly watch which ever team is at home. Just not sure yet.

Shizzle

I saw him in the state championship game live, and all three of his TV appearences he was incredible in all except the Alamo Dome game. I was more impressed by Damian in the championship game though he was in a league of his own.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Theolesnort

Baring a injury to Mitch the offense does not make me worry about the season that much. My real fear is the defense. Linebacker is real thin. I think the coaching staff messed up letting go of Zach and Tyrell especially Tyrell who will play in the NFL one day. A injury to Butu or Fairchild or even both and can you imagine trying to fill the gap with freshmen. It is truly a frightening thought. Maybe they did all they could to keep them but if they didn't it may come back and bite them on the butt.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Big Papa Satan

Never saw him live, never watched a game.  The interest wasn't there.

Saw a few highlights after the title game, though.