Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Park City Utah for skiing

Started by pikehog, November 16, 2006, 05:14:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pikehog

HOGFANAT37000FT

I have never been to Park City - But did stay in Salt Lake City and went up to Alta and Brighton to ski.  Alta is nice b/c its skiers only...... I'm not a real big skier - but by what I hear the snow is really great at Alta...

I've always heard nice things about Park City - The atmosphere there is really good not only for skiing but shopping and eating as well!! 

Have fun and let us know how it is!!

go hogues

I went to Park City several years ago and it is really a great place to be.  The mountain is pretty big and lots of varied terrain from what I can remember.  If I had to rank it on places I've ski'd it would be a close third behind Vail and Heavenly at Lake Tahoe.
Another thing you MIGHT want to consider is Deer Valley (driving distance from PC).  Not as big as Park city but they limit the amount of lift tickets sold each day so there are never crowds. (you do pay for it though and it is a pretty posh experience) might be fun for one day though.  That's what we did.  I hope this helps.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Immensehog

Park city is great.  Nightlife and food are unmatched.  Even took a run down the olympic bobsled track.  Scariest damn thing I have ever done.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

pikehog

Immensehog

I stayed at a place called the Chateau.  The only reason I stayed there is the company paid for it.  $300-500 per night in ski season.  Nicest place I have ever stayed in my life though.  In room fireplaces, awesome views, plenty of booze and hotties!
Life is short.  Act accordingly.