Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going to Charleston, SC / Mount Pleasant, SC

Started by HogFather, June 16, 2006, 11:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFather

for the Southern Sectionals Tennis Tournament.  Don't know if I will have much time to play being busy playing tennis, but does anyone have any suggestions on must see places or restaurants.  Will be looking forward to fresh seafood.....if I don't die from a heat stroke.

georgecolevet

I had a conference in Columbia in early April, and I drove on down to Charleston afterward.  I had very little time, but I took a carriage tour and harbout tour.  They booked them together, and it was really swell.  The harbour part took 90 minutes, and the carriage part took an hour.  meter parking is free on Sundays, but other times, there are pay parking lots.  They are very strict about parking.  There's lots of places to eat around Market street which is where the carriage rides originate.  (by the way, you can go online and book ahead of time)

Go across the new bridge.  I forget the name of it, but you can google it.  They have a minor league ballpark the locals call the Joe. 

maniax22bolts20

The Joe was great when I went 4 years ago. Home of the Riverdogs. They are on the road at Savannah,GA through the weekend though. Bill Veek and Bill Murry are part owners of the team. Historical town.

HogFather

Thanks guys.  I'm a huge baseball fan and I will check it out.