Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need help planning a Cancun trip in July

Started by spearlakehog, May 27, 2006, 09:28:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

spearlakehog

where would be a nice place to stay. I need to do something special for the wife. We are have a few problems, and I need to try to work things out. :'(

Shag66

Pick one of the Palace All Inclusives... 

Oklahawg

Mrs. Oklahawg and I stayed at the JackTar all-inclusive resort 11 years ago. Honeymoon. Really nice experience. They have a chain of resorts throughout the Caribbean.

PS Check the hurricane forecast! I think it hits this area starting July 20th or so. That'd be a big suck...
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

mikeb

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 27, 2006, 09:23:15 pm
Mrs. Oklahawg and I stayed at the JackTar all-inclusive resort 11 years ago. Honeymoon. Really nice experience. They have a chain of resorts throughout the Caribbean.

PS Check the hurricane forecast! I think it hits this area starting July 20th or so. That'd be a big suck...

I've stayed there twice, but it's no longer in Cancun.....take shag's advice and stay at one of the Palace's....Moon Palace etc.,......I've stayed at those too....very nice and you can go from Palace to Palace, they all have different themes and restaurant's

HogISH™

agree on the palaces.. took the family a little over a year ago to the moon palace spa and golf. great food and pool's they have it broken down in two sides.. all of the kid activity is one one side w/ seperate large pool and most of the adults stayed @ the other pool.

not much of a beach, you have to get up early and claim a chair w/ a towel or something the go eat breakfest.

went and spent one day cancun palace it's kind of a dump but has a great beach, kids played in the big waves for hours wihile is swilled cold beverages.

moon is about a 15 minute taxi ride to downtown..

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

HogCard

Yes, the Palaces are nice.  I have been to Cancun several times and would rate the OMNI #1 though.   

Yet,for a little more affordable option, my wife and I have chosen to stay at Golden Crown Paradise the last couple of years.  It is all inclusive and for adults only.  This doesn't mean you will see naked people running all around (you will see a few topless) but children simply aren't allowed.  Children are great but can get annoying at one of these resorts, especially if you are trying to have a trip with the lady to patch things.. 

Food is ok and it is right on the main beach.  Short bus ride to the market area. Was there last summer right before the hurricane so not sure what the beach looks like now.

Baghdadhawg

Marriott Casa Magna or the J.W. Marriott.  I've stayed there twice.  Both very nice places.

ralphy

going to stay at the moon palace on the 20th will let you know how well i liked it.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ralphy on June 07, 2006, 07:12:28 pm
going to stay at the moon palace on the 20th will let you know how well i liked it.

You will like it.

Trust me.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

ralphy

MNHOG

I was there last year one week before the hurricane hit. Cancun. The weather sucked because of Tropical storm Stan. (Rain, rain, and more rain) we had one day in the Ocean. Make sure you go all inclusive and watch those hurricane reports! As far as where to stay.. not sure anymore. My friend just got back and said a lot of the good hotel we knew of are gone or are under construction. He said it's not the Cancun we all know and love. At least Senor Frog's is open again!! Don't forget to have the all you can drink...  ;)

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: MNHOGDon’t forget to have the all you can drink…  ;)

I vaguely remember the hotel staff telling us something like that.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

CiriusPorker

take your own water...other than that..i've never been to Cancun..

hogslobber

Quote from: ralphy on June 07, 2006, 07:12:28 pm

Moon Palace is a nice property.

the beach there smells like an open sewer and is well known as a poor  beach location.

the location is gross.

We checked in there and requested a change to the Beach Palace in Cancun.

much better.

If you don't stay in the hotel zone in cancun, then head down to the Mayan Riveara area.

Don't mess with Moon Palce.

LSUFan

The Word for the Day is "Hurricaine" boys and girls.

Arkiejared

We stayed at the Mayan Palace.  It was nice.  Great pool area, but the beach was very corally.  We didn't do an all inclusive, but I DO think one is available for this resort.  We left the resort only one day.  We wanted to just relax.  You can catch the bus just outside the main gate, so no need for renting a car.  There are also golf carts to take you around the property.  3 or 4 restaurants, all pretty good.

RBLtoHOG

If you were goin to Playa Del Carmen (right by Cancun, in fact u land in cancun) stay at the Grand Porta Real..... its AWESOME
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Shag66

Just a thought, but if you are realy wanting a makeup vacation, have you considered Cozumel instead of Cancun?

Lots quieter and more romantic...

(don't know how much damage the Hurricane did there, but it can't be much worse than Cancun)

sooie dog

June 23, 2006, 01:19:31 pm #19 Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:29:16 pm by sooie dog
Stay in Playa Del Carmen at the Royal Porto Real.

http://www.realresorts.com.mx/Royal%5FPorto%5FReal/

Just got back from there 2 weeks ago.  It's one of nicest vacations I've ever been on.  5th ave has great shopping for the wife and Cozumel is a 20 minute ferry ride away.  Your only 45 minutes from the Cancun airport.

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: sooie dog on June 23, 2006, 01:19:31 pm
Stay in Playa Del Carmen at the Royal Porto Real.

http://www.realresorts.com.mx/Royal%5FPorto%5FReal/

Just got back from there 2 weeks ago.  It's one of nicest vacations I've ever been on.  5th ave has great shopping for the wife and Cozumel is a 20 minute ferry ride away.  Your only 45 minutes from the Cancun airport.

yah thats the one we stayed at for our senior trip.... it was AWESOME
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!