Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had a pretty good storm in Fayetteville last night. Hit PV pretty hard...

Started by Boarcephus, April 26, 2017, 03:53:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

The Wolfman and I slipped out to survey the damage this morning.  This is the bridge connecting the 13 green to the 14 tee box.  Ordinarily this is about 6-8 foot drop to the water.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Did you get a free drop?

parallaxpig

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 26, 2017, 03:53:58 pm
The Wolfman and I slipped out to survey the damage this morning.  This is the bridge connecting the 13 green to the 14 tee box.  Ordinarily this is about 6-8 foot drop to the water.

Guess this would be a vote for old concrete culvert that used to be there.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

NWAHog479

Boarcephus

Quote from: parallaxpig on April 27, 2017, 08:21:00 am
Guess this would be a vote for old concrete culvert that used to be there.

Is that where it was?  I remember there being a jagged chunk somewhere over around there that a friend of mine tried to jump across and didn't quite make it.  It was a nasty gash on his shin.  His wife took him to the ER and he said she was no help whatsoever when they were trying to fix it up.  ;)

Blew several trees over, including one on the 13 green 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Gohogs600

Drove thru Pinnacle and Blessings this PM to see how flooded things were. Both were lakes, and being mid-renovation @ Blessings, I assume all of the clean up / repair will push back the completion of that project. They were just starting to lay the new bent grass greens within the last 2-3 days too. The one that I saw that had already been completed was beginning to wash away since the bent obviously hadn't taken root yet. Attached are a few quick pics I took of pinnacle. Not great pics, but I didn't want to get out of the car and get soaked :)

majestic

Man, NE Fayetteville is a lake. Rolling Hills was impassable a couple of hours ago and the rain is starting to ramp up again. I have never seen it like this in the 27 years I've lived in Fayetteville.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Gohogs600

Quote from: majestic on April 29, 2017, 03:58:38 pm
Man, NE Fayetteville is a lake. Rolling Hills was impassable a couple of hours ago and the rain is starting to ramp up again. I have never seen it like this in the 27 years I've lived in Fayetteville.

Me either. I came here in 95, and my informal gauge has always been whether the water crests over the island green at pinnacle. I drive past it literally every single day. It never has come over the edge of the island, even though it's been close at times in the past. When I looked today, it was barely cresting over. To me, that's a new record.