Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cypress Creek

Started by GolfNut57, April 19, 2017, 05:24:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

For those in the Cabot area.....the greens are in fantastic shape!!! And the fairways are pretty good too as well. Just saying........ :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HognitiveDissonance

Usually get there about once a year. I'll have to check it out.

CabotHog87

Played a tournament there last weekend. The greens were rolling obnoxiously slow. Some of the fairways looked like they hadn't been completely mowed. I almost lost a ball in the middle of the fairway on 12 because it landed in a thick patch of grass. Some of the cups were egg shaped and had long grass growing over the edge. It was odd for them to have the course in that shape. Ricky is always great has things organized and running smoothly and I generally love the course. I think it was just a one off kind of thing. I have played there many many times and always make it a point to stop by when I visit from Fayetteville since I consider Greystone my "home course".

GolfNut57

Quote from: CabotHog87 on April 20, 2017, 02:50:12 pm
Played a tournament there last weekend. The greens were rolling obnoxiously slow. Some of the fairways looked like they hadn't been completely mowed. I almost lost a ball in the middle of the fairway on 12 because it landed in a thick patch of grass. Some of the cups were egg shaped and had long grass growing over the edge. It was odd for them to have the course in that shape. Ricky is always great has things organized and running smoothly and I generally love the course. I think it was just a one off kind of thing. I have played there many many times and always make it a point to stop by when I visit from Fayetteville since I consider Greystone my "home course".

Up until the last few days they were unable to mow several of the fairways due to it being wet from all the recent rains. When I played yesterday though everything had been mowed. The greens were being mowed by Ricky just before we got to each hole as there were a couple times he had to stop and wave us on. The only thing I saw yesterday that was not done were the cups needed moved to new locations as the current ones had been there long enough for the cup edges to be rounded off. Didn't see any egg shaped but they were getting fuzzy looking for sure.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

CabotHog87

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 20, 2017, 05:18:53 pm
Up until the last few days they were unable to mow several of the fairways due to it being wet from all the recent rains. When I played yesterday though everything had been mowed. The greens were being mowed by Ricky just before we got to each hole as there were a couple times he had to stop and wave us on. The only thing I saw yesterday that was not done were the cups needed moved to new locations as the current ones had been there long enough for the cup edges to be rounded off. Didn't see any egg shaped but they were getting fuzzy looking for sure.

That's good to hear. Like I said, I completely chalked it up to a one off instance. I love playing that course.

GolfNut57

Quote from: CabotHog87 on April 21, 2017, 01:17:41 pm
That's good to hear. Like I said, I completely chalked it up to a one off instance. I love playing that course.

I know the spot you mean on 12. There is also one on #8 right in the middle of the fairway as you clear the corner where they have a drain pipe and a good size hole has formed around it and they were unable to cut the grass there too. I almost lost a ball in that one. I can also think of two other fairways, #7 and #10 that have small cave-ins around drain pipes where it would be easy to lose a ball in. You got to practically probe around in both of those with a club to find your ball if it gets swallowed up by them. But overall the course was in great shape Wednesday.