Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WGC Dell Match Play

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, March 24, 2017, 08:48:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Anybody paying attention?  This used to be a tournament I'd really look forward to watching, but they've tinkered with the format and changed the location so many times it seems like just another tournament.  Seems like the players feel the same way, as four or five of the top players skipped it and another three have withdrawn for various reasons after it started.  It looks like DJ is playing best of the top guys who are still in it (McIlroy has already been eliminated, Day withdrew, and Spieth needs help today to move on).  Mickelson's playing well too.  Pool play ends today, with the 16 pool winners moving on to bracketed match play this weekend.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 24, 2017, 08:48:09 am
Anybody paying attention?  This used to be a tournament I'd really look forward to watching, but they've tinkered with the format and changed the location so many times it seems like just another tournament.  Seems like the players feel the same way, as four or five of the top players skipped it and another three have withdrawn for various reasons after it started.  It looks like DJ is playing best of the top guys who are still in it (McIlroy has already been eliminated, Day withdrew, and Spieth needs help today to move on).  Mickelson's playing well too.  Pool play ends today, with the 16 pool winners moving on to bracketed match play this weekend.

I was watching it but doubt if I go much further with it.  I wonder why Rory has a match today with no hope of moving on?  I'm sure this will pull out the best in him.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 24, 2017, 08:48:09 am

I haven't missed a minute! Of the times I had it on, or channel surfed. I know the wind is blowing, about all I can tell you. I'll catch a little when there isn't a basketball game on this weekend, but it's just another tournament to me.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 24, 2017, 10:12:49 am
I was watching it but doubt if I go much further with it.  I wonder why Rory has a match today with no hope of moving on?  I'm sure this will pull out the best in him.

There may be money involved based on the final records of those who don't move on to the weekend.  Somebody who finishes 1-2 probably gets more than someone who finishes 0-3. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Mickelson has won his three matches 5&3, 5&4, and 6&5.  You'll almost never see three straight wins as dominating as those, but the crazy thing about match play is that he could just as easily lose big in the next round.

hogbud

Pace of play makes it unbearable to watch...they've got to speed it up

Boarcephus

I'd like to see Bill Haas win the whole thing. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 26, 2017, 08:17:37 am
I'd like to see Bill Haas win the whole thing.

Haas or John Rahm.  All the talk the last couple of years about young guns on tour, and he may turn out to be the best of the bunch.  I know Mickelson is really high on the guy.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 26, 2017, 08:34:16 am
Can you imagine the sponsors who will line up to have Bill Haas pitch their product? 

They'll have to compete with these guys for him......

http://fanooz.com/players/profile.php?id=872&type=sponsors

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on March 26, 2017, 08:56:53 am
They'll have to compete with these guys for him......

http://fanooz.com/players/profile.php?id=872&type=sponsors

Good find.  Seven, yeah, he's kind of boring.  Read where Rory made $32 million off the course last year.

Jackrabbit Hog

On a par 5 Rahm just hit a 426 yard drive and had a gap wedge for his second shot.

It'll be interesting to see what DJ does on that hole in a few minutes.

Jackrabbit Hog

Haas and Rahm are all square playing the 13th.  Neither has been more than one up so far.  Great match.

DJ is one up on Tanihara a couple of holes behind.  Tanihara is hanging tough.

Jackrabbit Hog

Rahm beats Haas, 3 and 2, so he's in the finals.

DJ and Tanihara are all square through 14.

ricepig

It doesn't appear DJ wants to win today.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 26, 2017, 12:20:50 pm
It doesn't appear DJ wants to win today.

I hope he does because a Rahm/DJ final has a chance to be epic.

Jackrabbit Hog

And it will be DJ in the final.  DJ with a clutch 9 foot par on 18 to beat Tanihara. 1 up.

There will be firepower in the final.

GolfNut57

The course they are playing at looks like it would be a good one to play. But I assume it is one of those that is exclusively PRIVATE.  :(
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Boarcephus

If Rahm gets through this match without breaking something I'll be surprised. 

GolfNut57

Yeah he has shown some growing frustration for sure.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Jackrabbit Hog

He's still a rookie.  He will learn from this spanking.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 26, 2017, 03:05:05 pm
The course they are playing at looks like it would be a good one to play. But I assume it is one of those that is exclusively PRIVATE.  :(

I just pulled it up....membership is by invitation only.  Not sure about you but I've yet to receive a call.   Dress code is about what you'd expect and caps must be worn with the bill facing forward.  ;) 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 26, 2017, 04:42:42 pm
I just pulled it up....membership is by invitation only.  Not sure about you but I've yet to receive a call.   Dress code is about what you'd expect and caps must be worn with the bill facing forward.  ;)

I blackballed you Boar.  Sorry 'bout that.  Gotta keep the riff raff out.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 26, 2017, 04:42:42 pm

I can get you on

As a looper.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 26, 2017, 04:44:13 pm
I blackballed you Boar.  Sorry 'bout that.  Gotta keep the riff raff out.

You sorry SOB!  Did you guys just catch the shot Rahm hit on the par 4 into wind?  293 yard carry and he flew it onto the green. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Rahm almost aced that drivable par 4 13th that's over water the whole way...... on the the fly into the wind.

Edit:  beat me by 20 seconds Boar