Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would you do if

Started by PIGskin Pride, April 19, 2015, 05:54:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGskin Pride

What would you do if you came across some long forgotten hats signed by Bobby Petrino? 

My wife and I are on a de-clutter mission and came across these.  Rachel said "what the heck should we do with these?"  I figured I would ask hogville for some ideas!

Hog N Bama

You should carry on with your decluttering

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PIGskin Pride

Finally got the picture up...

Hog n bama, I needed a break. 
Huds, that was my first thought. 

Pigskin

BornaHog

Give em to the BP lovers that haunt this board if they will PM you!!!!!!!!   LOL    WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Cinco de Hogo

Depends, I seldom keep things like that forever unless it might have monetary value which I doubt those would.  There not something you would want wear most likely but on the other hand they seem to have been signed for you in person by the man himself.  How much did that mean to you at the time and how much do you hate?  Myself I probably wouldn't keep something like that forever but not for the reasons others wouldn't.

I wonder how many rid themselves of Nolan Richardson or Eddie Sutton memorabilia.

RzRbAcK18

Keep them and you never know. Same reason I keep my Tyler Wilson signed football.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Hang on to them.  They might be worth something someday.  It's a crazy world. 

Richard_white

I have only kept two things as far as sports memorabilia.  The 1994 National Championship shirt signed by the starters and CNR.  And the 1992 Dallas Cowboys signed by Troy Aikman and Jimmy Johnson.

reddogjcss

TexArkHogFan

My step-daughter has a pair of cut off jean shorts signed by the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.  Wish I could wear them and was good at lying as to how I got them. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

HappyHogFan

I have a very few such items that I have kept.

A Peyton Manning signed football
A Matt Jones signed jersey
A Tim Tebow signed game program
A team signed ball from 1994

and a Houston Nutt signed game program

Of all those, I think we know which one is not the same as the others, but I keep it anyway.

I'd keep the Petrino signed hats, he was part of our history, regardless of how it ended.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: PIGskin Pride on April 19, 2015, 05:54:00 pm
What would you do if you came across some long forgotten hats signed by Bobby Petrino? 

My wife and I are on a de-clutter mission and came across these.  Rachel said "what the heck should we do with these?"  I figured I would ask hogville for some ideas!

See if you can get Jessica to sign them. Might make them more valuable to the BP lovers.

Hoggish1

Bubba's Bruisers

It could have been worse.  Like a bunch of hats signed by Nutt.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

rljjr

Maybe find some of the players from his teams and have them sign the hats too, so it's more about the teams than the coach.

Mike_e

You do the same thing as you would a soiled American flag. 

Build a fire, salute them, and then burn them.

Be sure to scatter the ashes.   ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

onebadrubi

All joking aside the wounds heal he caused and he will be just another coach that left with issues after getting us to our first BCS game.  Bielema winning will cure those wounds faster, making it worth it to keep your hats. 

Joking though, send to Jessica's husband

LAHog124

Funny story actually, my uncle was on a cruise the month before CBP decided to be Evil Kenievel and wreck, and he was at a auction on the ship and a CBP signed football came up for bid, he bid on it and won it (he's an A&M fan btw) and then at Christmas that same year he gave it to my dad and everyone was dying laughing, it was quite hysterical
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

(notOM)Rebel123

Aw, just put them in the Rubbermade tub with the rest of your stuff.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

lasthog

Put them under a black light.

Vildsvin

I'm no Petrino fan but I'd definitely keep them.

A) Arkansas history non-the-less

B) Bobby could end up doing something crazy and you could offload those on eBay for a pretty penny.

I still dont understand why everyone was so quick to ditch their Hernandez jerseys .. Imagine if you had a USC OJ Simpson signed jersey :D

PORKULATOR

Hang on to them and the good memories from those years.
wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

The Boar War

Never did "get" the appeal of autographs.

ZERO

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 19, 2015, 07:15:57 pmI'd keep the Petrino signed hats, he was part of our history, regardless of how it ended.

I agree. And he gave us two of the best seasons we've had since the '80s. We always talk about the hole he put us in by his actions (which is true), but he DID remind us that it was possible for Arkansas to be a fearsome football team for more than once every ten years. That's worth at least something, especially considering the damage our confidence has taken since we joined the SEC.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Sivad

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on April 19, 2015, 07:44:36 pm
It could have been worse.  Like a bunch of hats signed by Nutt.
Those make great gag gifts.

pigture perfect

Hats are always needed for fishing and lawn mowing or painting. Use 'em.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HogShat

Drop a duece in one and cover it up with the other....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on April 19, 2015, 10:52:53 pm
Never did "get" the appeal of autographs.

Especially from celebrities of any type.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HF#1

I'd ship them to Louisville with a pic of Jessica inside.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jry04

Quote from: Vildsvin on April 19, 2015, 09:49:26 pm
I'm no Petrino fan but I'd definitely keep them.

B) Bobby could end up doing something crazy and you could offload those on eBay for a pretty penny.

Only two of them. Not going to be able to get a pretty penny for personalized autographs, like "To Claire."

hogwild6700

Try to sell all four for $60 to a Louisville fan or a Petrino fanatic-then go out and buy you a bottle of A)Glenlivet 18 YR  B) Crown Royal Reserve  C) Any Bordeaux Wine  D) A Gift Card from Paper Moon.

Let us know which one you pick.

By the way-my wife suggested that you just mail them to Petrino's office.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

PorkRinds

Pee all over them, then mail to Petrino's office address, care of Jessica Dorell.

go hogues

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 19, 2015, 06:29:22 pm
My step-daughter has a pair of cut off jean shorts signed by the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.  Wish I could wear them and was good at lying as to how I got them. 
Otis? Is that you?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

TrueBlue

Quote from: HF#1 on April 20, 2015, 11:37:49 am
I'd ship them to Louisville with a pic of Jessica inside.

We have a winner! (We forgive, but we don't forget!)

Rzbakfromwaybak

Send them to 4 different media reporters, to wear when they interview Petrino at Louisville press conferences this fall.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Sportster365

Sed76

Why did you get him to sign multiple hats? One I can understand.

HogWall Jackson

Keep them hoping they will have value after he retires? or List them on E-Bay and see what they bring now.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 20, 2015, 03:31:31 pm
... I sang out of tune?

I'd very likely walk out on you.

Sorry.  I'm not going to lend you my ears or anything.

Hoginsavga

Some Hog fans are totally selfish and unforgiving. BP brought our team back to prominence for two years and I am proud for those years. Yes, he made a mistake and he and Hog fans paid dearly.  I don't hold a grudge against BP nor any other former Hog coach. For those of you that live in glass houses please cast the first stone.

I would keep the hats and wear them proudly, except the pink.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: lasthog on April 19, 2015, 09:18:30 pm
Put them under a black light.
This is very good advice. You never know where Petrino's hands might have been.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Hoginsavga on April 20, 2015, 05:01:19 pm
Some Hog fans are totally selfish and unforgiving. BP brought our team back to prominence for two years and I am proud for those years. Yes, he made a mistake and he and Hog fans paid dearly.  I don't hold a grudge against BP nor any other former Hog coach. For those of you that live in glass houses please cast the first stone.

I would keep the hats and wear them proudly, except the pink.
"Made a mistake".

It's not just "Crash & Fraud". He's abusive to his staff and players, and to the media and community as well by all accounts that I've heard. He has a pattern of dishonorable behavior that I consider to be a stain on the history of the program despite the W's on the field. I'd toss the hats without a second thought. Bad memories.

It'd be different if he'd learned. But it sounds like it's the same song and dance at UL.

SouthSide Johnny

I'll take them to add to my collection
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

CabotHog87

Give them to that reporter that was wearing the Florida hat. Now she'll have plenty of options.

slim72315

I would mail them to his office in Louisville

hawkhawg

Put them in a box and throw them in the back of your attic. When you die your grandkids can deal with them.  They will think they are cool or trash them.

hogginbama

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 20, 2015, 05:32:27 pm
"Made a mistake".

It's not just "Crash & Fraud". He's abusive to his staff and players, and to the media and community as well by all accounts that I've heard. He has a pattern of dishonorable behavior that I consider to be a stain on the history of the program despite the W's on the field. I'd toss the hats without a second thought. Bad memories.

It'd be different if he'd learned. But it sounds like it's the same song and dance at UL.

One of my Soldier's father-in-law is an alumni of UL and supporter of the team there. Haven't heard but good news coming from them about the return of BP. What might you be hearing and from what avenues of info?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.