Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Florida CB JC Jackson found not guilty; wants to rejoin team

Started by jbcarol, April 19, 2015, 03:39:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Florida cornerback Jerald Christopher "J.C." Jackson is being held in Alachua County Jail on a $150,000 bond after being arrested and charged with first-degree armed robbery, which is a felony.

The redshirt freshman, who is atop the Gators' depth chart this spring, was booked at 1:35 a.m. ET on Sunday, according to Alachua County Jail.

Quote"We are aware of the news involving J.C. Jackson, and he is currently dealing with a serious issue," said first-year Florida head coach Jim McElwain in a news release. "We don't condone any of his actions, and it is not something that reflects on the expectations we have in the program. It is being handled accordingly due to the severity of his actions."

Jackson, 19, entered the apartment of an acquaintance with two other men around 3:45 p.m. ET on Saturday, according to the Gainesville Police Department. Once inside, Jackson quickly left, acting as if he had a phone call, the arrest report states.

Meanwhile, one of the two men that Jackson arrived at the apartment with pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the resident and two visitors that he had over.

The two suspects made the victims get on the floor, where they removed money from their pockets, before departing with $382, marijuana and two video game consoles.

One of the victims, whose name was redacted from the report, told the Gainesville Police Department that he had a handgun pressed against his face, while one of the suspects demanded to know the location of his drugs and cash.   

Jackson, who had been to the apartment to party and smoke marijuana on other occasions, according to the report, was identified and later turned himself in to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office...

In December, a bullet grazed the cornerback during a shooting in his hometown of Immokalee, Florida. The former four-star recruit was in a car with two others when someone in a passing vehicle began shooting at them.     

Earlier that month, he, Florida quarterback Treon Harris and cornerback Jalen Tabor were stopped by school police for speeding on campus.

The University of Florida Police Department reported that the vehicle smelled of marijuana and that two small bags of drugs were found in a storage pocket of the car during the stop... none of them were charged in the indecent. 
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

jackflash

If your going to the crime, better be ready to do the time. Me I was too scare to be in jail. Spend 48 hours their one time was enough for me.

Rzbakfromwaybak

This guy is just not very smart.  Only 4 months ago, he almost got shot in another incident....now he gets arrested for felony armed robbery.  Sounds like he can't decide if he wants to be a thug, or a football player.  He's not doing very well with the thug part...   
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HiggiePiggy

And he wouldn't be on a football field if he didn't have skills.  He obviously is a very stupid person.  Maybe one day he will grow up and get to look back and see how stupid he was. 

Sad to get a free ride to college and throw it away because you are too stupid to realize what you have been handed because you can play a extremely popular sport that could make you millions if you are good enough to make it to the pros. 

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jbcarol

JC Jackson's coach in Immokalee saddened, not shocked

QuoteFlorida redshirt cornerback JC Jackson, an Immokalee High graduate, turned himself in to police on Saturday for allegedly being one of three men to steal cash, drugs and an Xbox gaming system at gunpoint from an acquaintance in Gainesville.

Jackson, The News-Press 2013 Offensive Football Player of the Year, is being held by the Alachua Sheriff's Office in lieu of $150,000 bond.

"It's really a shame," former Immokalee head coach Rich Dombroski said. "He was by far the best athlete I've ever been around as a coach. Now, a complete waste of talent, in my opinion, but I'm not shocked at all. ... I was truly hoping, with him getting out of Immokalee, he would stay on the straight and narrow, play some college football and get a degree."

According to the Gainesville police report, Jackson arranged the visit to the apartment to hang out and smoke marijuana with an acquaintance who lived there. Once he arrived, Jackson excused himself to use his phone outside and left his two unidentified companions inside with the three victims. With Jackson outside, one of his companions pulled a handgun, made the victims lie on the floor and demanded they empty their pockets.

The subject with the gun pushed it into Jackson's acquaintance's face and demanded drugs and money. The two suspects inside the residence fled with $382, an unknown amount of marijuana and two gaming systems.

All three victims identified Jackson after he turned himself in. Police are searching for the other two suspects.

Jim McElwain released a statement Sunday morning regarding Jackson's arrest: "We are aware of the news involving JC Jackson and he is currently dealing with a serious issue. We don't condone any of his actions and it is not something that reflects on the expectations we have in the program. It is being handled accordingly due to the severity of his actions."

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  9h 9 hours ago

McElwain says CB J.C. Jackson suspended indefinitely following arrest - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150421/ARTICLES/150429923 ...

jbcarol

J.C. Jackson has 'long row to hoe' to climb out of Gator doghouse

QuoteEven if (when?) he avoids a stint behind bars, it could be quite awhile before you see J.C. Jackson in a Florida Gator uniform again — if ever.

Over the weekend, Jackson was arrested in connection to an armed home invasion robbery and charged with three felonies.

"It's not something that's reflective of who we are and what we're all about as an organization," McElwain said according to the Orlando Sentinel. "So he's got a long row to hoe, and we'll go from there. ...

"As of right now he's dealing with these issues as it deals with the incident that occurred. Based on those choices and decisions we'll choose the consequence, and at the end of the day it is a choice that he made."

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  17h 17 hours ago

McElwain says J.C. Jackson has posted bond, has some academic issues he needs to take care of at end of semester.

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Florida defensive back J.C. Jackson enters not-guilty plea in armed robbery case http://es.pn/1yTMEKm

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on April 23, 2015, 10:16:09 am
Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  17h 17 hours ago

McElwain says J.C. Jackson has posted bond, has some academic issues he needs to take care of at end of semester.

So......sounds like the coach will let him stay.....if he takes care of academic issues & doesn't end up in prison or jail?
Pathetic.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on April 23, 2015, 04:52:22 pm

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Florida defensive back J.C. Jackson enters not-guilty plea in armed robbery case http://es.pn/1yTMEKm

Lol...you have got to be kidding?

jbcarol

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  34m 34 minutes ago

J.C. Jackson's attorney said #Gators CB was not involved in armed robbery last weekend: http://bit.ly/1d5cD7V

Quotehe attorney for UF football player J.C. Jackson said his client had no role in an armed robbery that led Gainesville police to arrest Jackson last weekend and charge him with three first-degree felony counts.

Christopher Brown of Naples told the Sentinel on Thursday he intends to meet with members of the Alachua County State Attorney's office some time next week and present evidence that absolves Jackson of a crime...

"I think that the evidence is going to show that not only did he not participate in a robbery, if there was one, I don't know," Brown said. "But that he didn't have knowledge of any robbery or intention. So not only did he not intend to participate, he did not even unwittingly participate. He didn't walk into that apartment with two other people."

Jackson was booked into Alachua County Jail early Sunday morning and held on a $150,000 bond. He was released to his parents on Tuesday and returned home with them to Immokalee.

Brown, a UF graduate and longtime Gators' fan, said he is a longtime resident of Collier County and familiar with Immokalee because he father taught school there (sic).

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on April 24, 2015, 09:07:33 am
Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  34m 34 minutes ago

J.C. Jackson's attorney said #Gators CB was not involved in armed robbery last weekend: http://bit.ly/1d5cD7V

Of course.....they are always innocent....

According to the police report.....Jackson arranged the visit to the apartment & brought the other 2 suspects with him.

Lawyer says Jackson came by himself.  That part should be easy to figure out....

jbcarol

Mike Bianchi @BianchiWrites  ·  Apr 25
Shame on new #Gators coach #McElwain for banning media from booster-club functions ... My column: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-mike-bianchi-saturday-circus-0425a-20150424-column.html#page=1 ...

jbcarol

Robbery charges filed against ex-Gator defensive back J.C. Jackson

Quote"J.C." Jackson led two men — one of them armed with a handgun — into an apartment at Canopy Apartments, and those two men robbed everyone inside, taking two electronic gaming systems and $382 in cash, according to a Gainesville Police Department report.

Jackson was arrested on three counts of armed robbery and taken to the Alachua County jail. He was later released on a $150,000 bond, court records show.

Cervone's spokesman, Darry Lloyd, said Jackson faces three counts of home invasion robbery with a deadly weapon and one count of burglary. No other charges are immediately expected from the case, Lloyd said.

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 1h1 hour ago

Zach Abolverdi Retweeted Cindy

Former #Gators CB J.C. Jackson, found not guilty today, says he wants to return to the #UF football team.

jbcarol

Cindy
‏@cindyswirko

Jackson after acquittal. Says he would like to plAy (sIc) for #UFGators. Atty says other D1 schools will be contacted