Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miami & Fla State already have 34 commitments between them

Started by Hogwild, April 18, 2015, 06:08:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Miami (20) & Fla State (14), Miami also signed  xGator transfer Gerald Willis.  I wonder if this will impact Florida and/or open the Miami area for us again?

regi

Doubt it affects us at all. They have 200 D1 guys a year down there, give or take.

TejasPete

This staff has proved they can recruit to their system and develop players. I'm not concerned with the fact we only have five commits in April they are all excellent pickups and another good season will only help our recruiting.

HogPound

Nothing new from the state of Florida.

Once my canes decide to drop some money on a real coach, maybe we can utilize all that talent!

Uberanubis

Quote from: Hogwild on April 18, 2015, 06:08:37 pm
Miami (20) & Fla State (14), Miami also signed  xGator transfer Gerald Willis.  I wonder if this will impact Florida and/or open the Miami area for us again?
I am assuming that the numbers are current ranks, but that tells me that the quality may not be as good as advertised.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Uberanubis on April 18, 2015, 10:46:57 pm
I am assuming that the numbers are current ranks, but that tells me that the quality may not be as good as advertised.

I think the numbers are quantity, adding up to 34.  Ranks appear to be Miami #2 and Florida State #1 per 247.  Alabama is down around 20 due to low commit numbers so those rankings mean nothing right now.

TrueBlue

Quote from: HogPound on April 18, 2015, 09:34:58 pm
Nothing new from the state of Florida.

Once my canes decide to drop some money on a real coach, maybe we can utilize all that talent!

Didn't realize this was a Thug U. (Miami) website.

The_Bionic_Pig

April 19, 2015, 05:10:43 pm #7 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:17:32 pm by The_Bionic_Pig
Quote from: Uberanubis on April 18, 2015, 10:46:57 pm

We're  loaded down here and have as much or more 5 Star talent as the state of Texas.

Difference being  Texas H.S. coaches push fandom of instate schools towards their players (Past Relationship with Big12 Schools and possible job offers)

While the coaches down here are much more receptive and are more focused on their recruits successfully transitioning to the collegiate game.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

radar

Which hawg coaches are recruiting FL this year, any ties there with the current staff, with the exception of BB?

hardtimes79

Fla st class is legit.  Miami on the other hand will probably have a lot of guys flip like last year.  Golden is out of there with another sub par season.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

Styflin

Quote from: TejasPete on April 18, 2015, 07:54:28 pm
This staff has proved they can recruit to their system and develop players. I'm not concerned with the fact we only have five commits in April they are all excellent pickups and another good season will only help our recruiting.

We are at around the same number of commitments as usual at this time of the year.

We are all over Lousiana and what appears to be a solid push in Texas. I'm starting to wonder if we are easing up in Florida a little.

ricepig

Quote from: Styflin on April 19, 2015, 08:40:34 pm
We are at around the same number of commitments as usual at this time of the year.

We are all over Lousiana and what appears to be a solid push in Texas. I'm starting to wonder if we are easing up in Florida a little.

The Florida guys don't start showing up until the paid official visits, pretty hard to visit from that far away.

HogPound

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 19, 2015, 12:34:39 pm
Didn't realize this was a Thug U. (Miami) website.

It's a mind your own business website. Believe it not, some of us are a fan of all types of football programs not just the Razorbacks. I love the hogs and If we were playing the Hurricanes you better believe I would be cheering those hogs on.

In other words, take a freaking walk. If you don't like what I post, then find the block button.

lefty08

Quote from: HogPound on April 19, 2015, 10:23:39 pm
It's a mind your own business website. Believe it not, some of us are a fan of all types of football programs not just the Razorbacks. I love the hogs and If we were playing the Hurricanes you better believe I would be cheering those hogs on.

In other words, take a freaking walk. If you don't like what I post, then find the block button.

243 people walking and counting, the track is getting crowded
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HogPound

Styflin

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2015, 08:43:35 pm
The Florida guys don't start showing up until the paid official visits, pretty hard to visit from that far away.

Good point. I didn't think of that

Tsarcasm

Has Arkansas even offered any 2016 recruits in Florida?
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Richard_white

Quote from: hawgzzfan1152 on April 20, 2015, 08:13:57 pm
Has Arkansas even offered any 2016 recruits in Florida?

Quite a few. It's still a little early though but I only expect maybe 1-2 from Florida, if that for 16.

jackflash

Let Miami & Florida State fill up there list.  They will be plenty left for us to recruit.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jackflash on April 23, 2015, 03:15:28 pm
Let Miami & Florida State fill up there list.  They will be plenty left for us to recruit.

UCF won a BCS bowl game with the left overs (not recruited by FSU/Florida/Mia) recently.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*