Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 02:19:54 pm

Iraqi Dinar

Started by Anybody, January 18, 2015, 11:16:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PEtrader

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2015, 02:23:21 pm
I could be wrong but I have a feeling the OP started this thread in an attempt to broker some action on the Dinar and it didn't go to plan. History has told the story.

That, or he was just trying to make himself feel better.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

bplease

Quote from: twistitup on March 21, 2015, 05:46:27 am
They would stand a better chance doing scratch offs everyday
I keep trying to get them to go take a spin on the roulette wheel.
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

snoblind

My Dinar story goes back years.  Sitting at the office and get a call from a lady wanting to write an offer on a farm that was listed around $500K, IIRC.  So I start asking a few questions and it she says it will be a cash offer, but she needs a few months before she will have it and can close.

So I point out any seller will want proof of funds and ask what are the circumstances?  She proceeds to tell me about her Iragi Dinar investment.  Using her whole life savings.  A quick check of the Google shows page after page of scam stories as she is telling me how great it will be to have her whole family together on the farm.

So I wish her well and ask her to give me a call when she gets the money.  Still waiting.

Albert Einswine

She hit so big on the Dinar that she bought a much larger farm, obviously. Didn't have the time of day for small potatoes anymore.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PEtrader

Quote from: snoblind on April 10, 2015, 11:18:22 am
My Dinar story goes back years.  Sitting at the office and get a call from a lady wanting to write an offer on a farm that was listed around $500K, IIRC.  So I start asking a few questions and it she says it will be a cash offer, but she needs a few months before she will have it and can close.

So I point out any seller will want proof of funds and ask what are the circumstances?  She proceeds to tell me about her Iragi Dinar investment.  Using her whole life savings.  A quick check of the Google shows page after page of scam stories as she is telling me how great it will be to have her whole family together on the farm.

So I wish her well and ask her to give me a call when she gets the money.  Still waiting.

so is the original poster
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

JoeyCapital

Quote from: snoblind on April 10, 2015, 11:18:22 am

That type of story is way too common. Sad deal.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

theFlyingHog

Lemme tell yall bout some FCOJ

PEtrader

I wonder what ever happened to the OP.

We should start a poll.

twistitup

Quote from: PEtrader on April 15, 2015, 08:57:26 am

We should start a poll.

He keeps getting older while the Dinar stays the same value
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

CabotHog87

Quote from: PEtrader on April 15, 2015, 08:57:26 am

We should start a poll.

He hasn't got time for us anymore. He's playing golf with the Dalai Lama.

McKdaddy

Any moment now....
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

PEtrader

Well Ramadi just fell,  that is all they were waiting for.

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on May 18, 2015, 03:02:16 pm
Well Ramadi just fell,  that is all they were waiting for.

That's where the Dinar were stashed, party's over.

woodrow hog call

The lady that kept telling my wife about how good of a deal it was, has already
started with the excuses that if it hadn't been for Isis, it would have been a great
deal. I'm sure that will be what a lot of those people will be using to explain why the
people they convinced to buy it, will never get their money back.

We just politely declined when she tried to encourage us to buy.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

PEtrader

Quote from: woodrow hog call on May 20, 2015, 11:13:00 am
The lady that kept telling my wife about how good of a deal it was, has already
started with the excuses that if it hadn't been for Isis, it would have been a great
deal. I'm sure that will be what a lot of those people will be using to explain why the
people they convinced to buy it, will never get their money back.

We just politely declined when she tried to encourage us to buy.

It makes me so mad that as a professional advisor I am regulated to the point that even doing everything right you can still get in trouble  for not doing the correct paperwork,  yet yahoos like that lady are out bilking investors and the regulators aren't doing anything.

woodrow hog call

This lady is not bilking anyone, she has been convinced by someone else, possibly from her Church.
She is just the type that if she finds a good deal she wants everyone she knows to take advantage of it too. I know what you mean though, someone has preyed on these unsuspecting people and it's causing a chain reaction of sorts.

PEtrader

Quote from: woodrow hog call on May 20, 2015, 01:19:03 pm
This lady is not bilking anyone, she has been convinced by someone else, possibly from her Church.
She is just the type that if she finds a good deal she wants everyone she knows to take advantage of it too. I know what you mean though, someone has preyed on these unsuspecting people and it's causing a chain reaction of sorts.

Whoever is up the chain then,  that is who I am talking about.

I feel bad for her because what she thinks is a great deal will end up costing her friends she convinced some money.

HawgWild

I bet she also touted the Circle of Gold "investment" plan.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: PEtrader on May 20, 2015, 02:07:07 pm
Whoever is up the chain then,  that is who I am talking about.

I feel bad for her because what she thinks is a great deal will end up costing her friends she convinced some money.

I agree completely, not even seeing it from your perspective just knowing someone is going around getting gullible people to buy into it is upsetting. I can imagine how you and people in your profession feel.

But then again if they hit it big, we'll be kicking ourselves.😏

Old Tusk

you guys don't seem to get this upset about the big banks stealing  from their clients
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Old Tusk on May 20, 2015, 04:53:42 pm
you guys don't seem to get this upset about the big banks stealing  from their clients
Oh, I do.

Was going through a prospective clients portfolio the other day and noticed some unusual bonds. Turns out they are bonds issued by JP Morgan where the interest the client receives is dependent on LIBOR being in a particular range.

I get in the car and turn the radio on this morning. 102.9 was talking about a bunch of Wall Street firms, jpm included, that are pleading guilty and paying a fine for manipulating LIBOR.

Reading about Wall Street firms exploits has made me a believer in more regulation.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Old Tusk

Yesterday the banks pleaded guilty to conspiracy to front run currency translation actions. Criminal acts for Wichita no one goes to jail.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

McKdaddy

Generally speaking, I can't keep clients from owning a bank or two in their mutual funds, but I can educate the 1 or 2 yokels that come in wanting to buy Dinar.

McKdaddy

Quote from: golf2day on May 20, 2015, 06:52:40 pm

Was going through a prospective clients portfolio the other day and noticed some unusual bonds. Turns out they are bonds issued by JP Morgan where the interest the client receives is dependent on LIBOR being in a particular range.

I get in the car and turn the radio on this morning. 102.9 was talking about a bunch of Wall Street firms, jpm included, that are pleading guilty and paying a fine for manipulating LIBOR.

Reading about Wall Street firms exploits has made me a believer in more regulation.

Oy vey.  Sometimes you just have to smdh.

PEtrader

Why I started my own firm.  I 100% independent. 

PEtrader

Quote from: Anybody on May 29, 2015, 08:38:48 am
I sure have.  That is why I have placed my bet on foreign currencies.

History will tell very shortly.

SKTF    Still Keeping The Faith

He is still keeping the faith,  just in a different thread.

McKdaddy

Quote from: PEtrader on May 29, 2015, 10:11:37 am
He is still keeping the faith,  just in a different thread.

Ha

PEtrader

What's the Dinar at today?

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on June 23, 2015, 03:29:48 pm
What's the Dinar at today?

Depends, you interested in steak, or Italian?

twistitup

I'm still in on the Dong, the Dinar is just too much risk

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

twistitup

bplease

Greek default = global currency reset right guys!!!? GUIS!?
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

HawgWild

JoeyCapital

Heard from my buddy that has some money invested(term used loosely) in the dinar. Apparently it's not going to revalue. The group he bought it from is telling him that there are buyers for them, though. It's all hush hush. Something about some governments wanting to control all the dinar, but they can't let the public know so they are buying through dealers like them. His 6k investment is gonna sell for around 30M.

Now they are talking about investments for him "post liquidation". They told him about some investment account that does "30 day bullet trades" that will triple his money in that time. He has no risk because his money is going to be in an account in only his name and it's not going to be traded. His $$ is going to be used as collateral for the traders to get loans against, but the bank can't collect against him. He gets to keep all the profits, though.

Does anybody know the number to the LR area financial crimes division of the fbi?

PEtrader

Quote from: golf2day on June 29, 2015, 06:41:11 pm
Heard from my buddy that has some money invested(term used loosely) in the dinar. Apparently it's not going to revalue. The group he bought it from is telling him that there are buyers for them, though. It's all hush hush. Something about some governments wanting to control all the dinar, but they can't let the public know so they are buying through dealers like them. His 6k investment is gonna sell for around 30M.

Now they are talking about investments for him "post liquidation". They told him about some investment account that does "30 day bullet trades" that will triple his money in that time. He has no risk because his money is going to be in an account in only his name and it's not going to be traded. His $$ is going to be used as collateral for the traders to get loans against, but the bank can't collect against him. He gets to keep all the profits, though.

Does anybody know the number to the LR area financial crimes division of the fbi?

Call the arkansas securities department

PEtrader

There is a bit on American Greed on Iraqi Dinar,  keep the faith

theFlyingHog

Quote from: golf2day on June 29, 2015, 06:41:11 pm

Stop telling everyone my secret investment plan! It took a lot of work to convince W to overthrow Saddam so that I could spear this opportunity in the throat

JoeyCapital

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 07, 2015, 03:43:20 am
Stop telling everyone my secret investment plan! It took a lot of work to convince W to overthrow Saddam so that I could spear this opportunity in the throat
Somebody is definitely getting speared somewhere in that deal.

twistitup

theFlyingHog

Quote from: golf2day on July 07, 2015, 06:31:43 am
Somebody is definitely getting speared somewhere in that deal.
Somebody may get speared in TX this next week ;)

michaels

Anybody wanna buy sum bitcoin?  ;)

JoeyCapital

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 12, 2015, 01:43:49 am
Somebody may get speared in TX this next week ;)
Just don't pull an r kelly and go half on a baby.

Or piss on anyone. 👍🏻

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm trying to keep the faith, but I just don't know...
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Carl Lazlo

Doesn't Trump possess several billion dinar?

PEtrader

So you broke yet mate?

Anybody

Check back with me in two weeks.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  You gotta believe. 

GOD is Great.

KTFA   Keeping The Faith Always

Hog_Fink

check out Genesis Vision

greenEGnHAWGS

I've purchased some Dinar. Why? Cuz a wise man once said "if anybody gives you a million to one odds on anything, you take". Marginal investment with a big payout if it hits right. Why not put SOMETHING into it?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

ricepig

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 08, 2018, 11:11:25 pm
I've purchased some Dinar. Why? Cuz a wise man once said "if anybody gives you a million to one odds on anything, you take". Marginal investment with a big payout if it hits right. Why not put SOMETHING into it?

I put $2 in Powerball twice a week, somebody eventually wins.