Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What to do in Hot Springs

Started by Big Boi, April 06, 2016, 08:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Boi

Wife and I going down Friday and Saturday. Suggestions on where to go and what to do is appreciated, thx

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DeltaBoy

Bath House row,  the Train and the Tower
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ShooShooBlue

Bath House Row
Gangster Museum
The Arlington Hotel
Oaklawn
Lots of Shops and Places to eat
Enjoy!!!!
twatever!!!😂

Boog41

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boog41 on June 06, 2016, 04:07:40 pm
McClard's BBQ tamale spread

Ha.  I was thinking drive really fast and you will be past HS in no time. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

TX HOG

We are coming up to Hot Springs the week of the 4th. Renting in a house right on the lake. What are some good children friendly eating joints and then some places for the wife and i to hit up at night?

DLUXHOG

Gulpha Gorge Trail on the southeast side of downtown is a great place to get some good walking/hiking in.......... (I think you can access it from Mountain Drive...)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Jackrabbit Hog

Arkansas Bar Association annual meeting is tomorrow through Saturday at the Convention Center and the Arlington.  You can hang out with me and about 700 other lawyers. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

kibster

Quote from: TX HOG on June 14, 2016, 12:34:26 pm
We are coming up to Hot Springs the week of the 4th. Renting in a house right on the lake. What are some good children friendly eating joints and then some places for the wife and i to hit up at night?

DeLuca's is the best pizza in Arkansas (country?)  Very popular, but call ahead and reserve your dough because they run out.  As a matter of fact I will be driving down Sunday for father's day.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

TX HOG

June 15, 2016, 09:47:01 pm #11 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:27:40 pm by TX HOG
Quote from: kibster on June 15, 2016, 12:54:46 pm
DeLuca's is the best pizza in Arkansas (country?)  Very popular, but call ahead and reserve your dough because they run out.  As a matter of fact I will be driving down Sunday for father's day.

Like a few hours before?

My parents are coming with us. So a couple nights the wife and i will get out. What are some fun places for us to hit up at night?

kibster

Quote from: TX HOG on June 15, 2016, 09:47:01 pm
Like a few hours before?

My parents are coming with us. So a couple nights the wife and i will get out. What are some fun places for us to hit up at night?

I am not sure how soon you need to call in.  I always call when they open up to reserve dough.  I have seen the "out of dough unless you reserved" sign out as early as 4. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

TX HOG

Sir Oinksalot

...the boathouse closest to the Arlington is a brewery....they have 8-12 drafts and 10 or so from around the country....get the sampler to start off - 4 different kinds in 4 ounce glasses, good sammiches too,
watch the people go by .... there are trails behind the bathhouse for exercise ....

Do the baths and massage, it's what made HS famous ...ride a dang duck, kids will love it ...Oaklawn fireworks ...

Free mineral water...people have jobs that pay good filling orders for the water and ship it all over ...

Get a Sentinel Record for up to date happenings ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Jackrabbit Hog

Maintenance and repair, cleaning and yardwork on our lakehouse. 

Any takers?
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TX HOG

Boat House sounds like a good place for my wife and I to hang out one evening. Thanks.

kibster

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 01, 2016, 09:45:49 am
Leave.

What is the allure of Hot Springs?

I have always wondered that.  I grew up about 30 minutes outside of there and it was the place to "go to Walmart." But people love it. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 01, 2016, 09:53:40 am
To be fair, I'm sure the lakes have their allure but as (over)crowded as they seem to be their attractiveness factor has to be markedly diminished.

You can always fine a relatively quiet spot on Lake Ouachita.  That's where we spend the majority of our water time.

kibster

I grew up on Lake DeGray and loved it.

TX HOG

We made it to the lake house. Staying till Friday.

LSUFan

That massagy place on Olive street. The blond has great tits, and she love you long time, for $200
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

TX HOG

Walked downtown today. Boating tomorrow. The wife and I found a couple bars we may hit up one night.

Tusker4life

Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

bennyl08

Rod's Pizza Cellar, order the Godfather.

Oaklawn Horse Racing. Opening day is crowded but cheap and fun.

Get some mineral water.

Obviously for when you come down next as this thread is a year and half old or so.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Lao Tsuie

The Blue Monkey was good. Grass fed hamburgers thick, the French fries were the best for health, not greasy and really awesome....
Tested my Wit with the many tvs. triva- won more than I lost.
Good pours also. 

Lao Tsuie

DLUXHOG

Hike.... Gulpha Gorge....   thank me later...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

cosmodrum

Quote from: TX HOG on June 15, 2016, 09:47:01 pm
Like a few hours before?

Yes call earlier in the day to reserve your dough. When Anthony is out, he's out. If it's two people, one is plenty. Definitely the best pizza in AR. It's not close, really.
Go away, batin'

Lao Tsuie

If anyone wants to go cheap on a upscale houseboat.....

I'm your Captain, I'm your Captain...

Though I'm feeling mighty sick.......

Lanny

History of Hot Springs Gambling Museum
3339 Suite C
Central Ave
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hawkhawg

McClard's Tamale Spread.  Don't be intimidated by the way you wait on table. Just go in, stand around, and wait for someone to get up.
Oaklawn
Get a Hot Bath and massage downtown
Take a walk downtown (visit the bathhouse museum, springs and the trails around downtown) and drive up to the lookouts.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 09, 2018, 10:34:43 am
McClard's Tamale Spread.  Don't be intimidated by the way you wait on table. Just go in, stand around, and wait for someone to get up.
Oaklawn
Get a Hot Bath and massage downtown
Take a walk downtown (visit the bathhouse museum, springs and the trails around downtown) and drive up to the lookouts.

The spread is the greatest gut bomb in the state. Nothing like it.
Go away, batin'

Bigfoot

January 10, 2018, 04:17:23 pm #33 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:24:01 pm by Bigfoot
I've been to Hot Springs more the past 4-1/2 years (my wife is from Hot Springs, that's where we got married) than I had been my entire life previous to that. We had a blast in Hot Springs when we were dating. There's a lot to do there if you have time to do it.

Plenty of trails to walk if you like that type of thing. We hiked parts of the trails below the tower about a month ago.

There is a beef jerky place (I don't remember the name of it) that is pretty cool to visit. It's outside of town a little if I remember correctly. There used to be a burrito joint that had really good burritos. They'd put whatever you wanted on the burrito, while you watched them make it. And a plethora of different flavored ice cream, too. Don't remember the name of that place either, lol. I think they closed down, though.

Woodland Gardens is cool, too. We went there a couple years after we got married. As strange as it may sound I would actually like to go back there while it's raining, although not a downpour. I love rain. They provide umbrellas.

We're going this weekend. Not sure what all we will be doing yet.

Oh yeah, I love the onion rings at Rocky's Corner.

HawgWild

Mrs. Duck's on stage across from Oaklawn Thursday thru Saturday.

cosmodrum

I would like to check out the gangster museum.
Go away, batin'

kibster

Quote from: HawgWild on January 10, 2018, 04:47:54 pm
Mrs. Duck's on stage across from Oaklawn Thursday thru Saturday.

I have no idea what that means.  I didn't think there was a strip club in that area.

Bigfoot

The restaurant with the burritos was Nom Nom's. It did close down.

The jalapeño ice cream there was phenomenal.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Bigfoot on January 11, 2018, 12:13:02 pm
The restaurant with the burritos was Nom Nom's. It did close down.

The jalapeño ice cream there was phenomenal.

We have a Nom Noms here in McKinney. Haven't been though
Go away, batin'

Bigfoot

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 12, 2018, 12:18:02 am
We have a Nom Noms here in McKinney. Haven't been though

McKinney, Texas?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Bigfoot

kibster

cosmodrum

Quote from: Bigfoot on January 13, 2018, 02:00:21 pm
Didn't know you lived in Texas, cosmo.

Moved here late this summer. Really like it so far. Was in Conway for 20 years before that.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: kibster on January 13, 2018, 07:00:07 pm
I always stop in at Hutchins every time I am down your way.

Haven't been but hear it's good
Go away, batin'

Old Tusk

The Ohio Club for entertainment
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Bigfoot

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 14, 2018, 06:05:44 pm
Moved here late this summer. Really like it so far. Was in Conway for 20 years before that.

Yeah, I remember you saying you lived in Conway.

Drove by your neck of the woods back in November in route to Waco to visit relatives.

kibster

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 14, 2018, 06:06:02 pm
Haven't been but hear it's good

Go.  On Friday and Saturday they do texas twinkies.  Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and brisket, wrapped in bacon, and smoked.  As you can imagine, they run out early.