Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did he say?

Started by Potosihog, January 08, 2017, 01:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

I see references to Monk and a broken heart as well as a reference to Dusty and allegations of dirty play.

I didn't watch the game.

I also saw where he had 10 points.  What did he say?

Dr. Starcs

He said he was heartbroken that he chose Kentucky instead of Arkansas. Also said he can't stand Calipari and that his own brother used him in the whole process.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 08, 2017, 01:51:44 pm
He said he was heartbroken that he chose Kentucky instead of Arkansas. Also said he can't stand Calipari and that his own brother used him in the whole process.

I love honesty.

PonderinHog

Sounds almost presidential.

Potosihog

Funny.  I'm guessing at this point no one on here knows or is willing to share.

I was glad to see he had less than a record night against the Hogs.

Hoggish1

Yep, I heard that too...

BigSexyHog

BS.  Hade his bed and he loves the Kentucky brand.  Screw both Monk's
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Dwight_K_Shrute

He is a kid. Free to go or do whatever and as long as he doesn't act like a total asshat there is no reason to hold much ill will toward him or more than any other opposing player

His brother on the other hand totally different story.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

lc480

We can talk about Monk all we want but after watching several Kentucky games they can have Monk just send the Fox kid to Arkansas and I would be more than pleased, he was the best player on the floor for either team.

Captain Morgan

Sounds very accurate statement from the Jump Ball sources 😉

lynbug

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 08, 2017, 03:53:34 pm
He is a kid. Free to go or do whatever and as long as he doesn't act like a total asshat there is no reason to hold much ill will toward him or more than any other opposing player

His brother on the other hand totally different story.
This.  A master manipulator.

HamIAm

What he said...

QuoteTo describe how Arkansas fans will regard watching him play against their beloved Razorbacks on Saturday, Kentucky freshman star Malik Monk made a telling word choice.

He said: "I think (thoughtful pause) heartbreaking."

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article124817849.html

pigture perfect

I read about half the link and had to quit. Still makes me mad. Sure, I'll get over it, but the way the monks teased us all along sucks.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

LRHawg

the program all Southeastern Conference teams, including Arkansas, envy and want to emulate.

Kentucky and their fans need a reality check.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Link? I heard something completely different in the interview
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

So we despise the monks but have no problem with him still being on the Arkansas bench every week? He was even sitting with the Arkansas staff Saturday at Rupp Arena. That's a HUGE conflict of interest, but maybe im just over thinking it  :-\
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 09, 2017, 11:01:16 am
So we despise the monks but have no problem with him still being on the Arkansas bench every week? He was even sitting with the Arkansas staff Saturday at Rupp Arena. That's a HUGE conflict of interest, but maybe im just over thinking it  :-\

By "Him" do you mean Marcus?  If so, you are ignorant AF.  He is not on the Arkansas bench every week.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

AFWarrior83

How did Marcus Monk influence Malik to go to Kentucky? Idk the story...
Hogville member since 2005.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on January 09, 2017, 12:46:50 pm

Have you ever heard the story of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"? It's kinda the same...

daprospecta

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on January 09, 2017, 12:46:50 pm
The story goes Malik wanted to come to Arkansas.  Cal promised Marcus help with becoming an agent and somewhat of a pipeline to future NBA players.  Marcus nudged Malik towards Kentucky.  If you listen to Malik, he mentions Arkansas in general a lot.  I do believe he wanted to be a hog.  Anyone with an older brother that he/she looked up to knows that Marcus most certainly had some influence in the decision.  The reason why it gets sketchy is Marcus was loved here. He was allowed to play both bball/fball until the fallout.  He was given a job on the bball staff after the NFL didn't work out.  Don't see why he would want to show any kind of loyalty to Cal over us but what do I know.

HF#1

Who said that?  I'm confused.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Who said this and when?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PonderinHog

Hawg Red

Marcus Monk hasn't been on the Arkansas bench for the last two seasons. I believe the year we made the tournament was his last year as a GA. If it wasn't that season, it was the season before. He was definitely not part of the program during Malik's senior season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 02:16:41 pm
Who said that?  I'm confused.

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 02:17:01 pm
Who said this and when?

You forgot to include what, where, why and how. That will give you the total picture.

FineAsSwine

You are definitely not over thinking it. Trust me.

PonderinHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 09, 2017, 02:22:59 pm
You are definitely not over thinking it. Trust me.
Take the under ???

HF#1