Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fox should have been ejected for shove

Started by ShadowHawg, January 08, 2017, 04:36:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Saw where an Arizona State player was ejected for the same thing Fox did. I thought when I saw it he would be ejected and was surprised that the referees did not do their job. A shove is considered fighting. Fighting is a flagrant 2 and requires immediate ejection from the games.

It's like there are different rules based on a team's ranking or tradition.

PORKULATOR

Same with hanging on the rim technicals. Should've been 3 last night on them.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 08, 2017, 06:22:00 am
Same with hanging on the rim technicals. Should've been 3 last night on them.

I noticed that too but unfortunately the refs didn't! 
#NolanRichardsonCourt

LR_Matt

And Barford shouldn't have been for stepping on their guard? Let's try and stay objective

ShadowHawg

Quote from: LR_Matt on January 08, 2017, 07:34:04 am
And Barford shouldn't have been for stepping on their guard? Let's try and stay objective

Yes let's do. What Barford did would be a flagrant 1 at most. In this case it wasn't even what he got the tech for. He got that for reacting to the shove.

Flagrant 2 covers fighting which is what the shove was and is actually in the description of what constitutes a flagrant 2.

So yes, please be objective.

HogBreath

That was a completely BS sequence...Barford was fouled 3-4 times, yet was called for numerous fouls.  The whole game was a joke.  Our guys never had a chance.

I also noticed all the hanging on the rim no calls.  More BS officiating.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

bvillepig

If Barford was looking down you might say to was intentional.  If he was looking forward which is what it looked like to me I think it was incidental. 

Fox should have been gone.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: bvillepig on January 08, 2017, 01:57:54 pm
If Barford was looking down you might say to was intentional.  If he was looking forward which is what it looked like to me I think it was incidental. 

Fox should have been gone.

Agree. Some people on here are acting like Barford did a Christian Laettner stomp.

https://youtu.be/6AwYVTB2rZw
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Razorback_Mack

I'm more disappointed with the announcer rushing to judgement and saying Barford did it on purpose. The only person that knows that is Barford. For the announcer to make an assumption about someone's character when the video shows no proof....that's bush league. Not to mention the idiot UK fans. Idk see how they enjoy basketball. They cry the entire game.

micali

Everytime they got a foul the UK players acted like there was no way they just fouled.  It was comical. The hanging on the rim should have been a T and Fox should have been gone.