Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The amount of stoppage in play in college basketball is a tragedy.

Started by luke hawg, January 07, 2017, 09:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

ChicoHog

A lot of that is due to fouling.  When teams start making 80-90% of their free throws then maybe there would be less fouls.  Hogs did good job in first half of not making stupid fouls.

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

WorfHog

Way too many and way too many on Arkansas. Frank THESE chubless UK sucking refs.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 07, 2017, 09:46:42 pm
49 fouls called in that game.

SEC bask.  Poor flow hurts the product.  But this was a physical game. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Knot2brite

Taking the physicality out of the game has ruined college basketball. I blame the NBA. Those bunch of over paid wusses cry when someone invades their personal space and it has flowed down to the college game
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogsanity

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 07, 2017, 09:51:28 pm
Taking the physicality out of the game has ruined college basketball. I blame the NBA. Those bunch of over paid wusses cry when someone invades their personal space and it has flowed down to the college game

Its being done because of how much scoring had dropped off a few years ago. As usual rules and officiating emphasis is being done in the name of offense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Knot2brite

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 09:56:38 pm
Its being done because of how much scoring had dropped off a few years ago. As usual rules and officiating emphasis is being done in the name of offense.
Yeah well they need to stop that crap and bring back physical basketball..this is like watching flag football...it looks like the real thing but it ain't the real thing
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Breems

Yeah, this sucks. I don't even enjoy non-Hog games as much as I used to because of it. I die a little inside every time there's a commercial break, 1 foul, commercial break.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on January 07, 2017, 10:00:49 pm
Yeah, this sucks. I don't even enjoy non-Hog games as much as I used to because of it. I die a little inside every time there's a commercial break, 1 foul, commercial break.

Yep. There are something like 16 stoppages if everyone uses all timeouts plus tv timeouts. That's does not even count fouls.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bigredone

Quote from: Breems on January 07, 2017, 10:00:49 pm

I think this is my first post on Jumpball this season. Trying to make college ball look like N(ot) B(asketball) A(nymore) sucks. I have tried to watch the Hogs a few times but the game itself sucks ass and I have only made it through 3 full games.

If Arkansas is not in it I cannot watch at all. Do away with the damn shot clock and allow more physical defense and it would be fun again to see the clash of styles. Each Not Basketball Anymore team plays 80 plus games a year, let all the non basketball fans enjoy that game and give us back college basketball.Shortening the shot clock has not helped scoring and everyone basically rushing around is not interesting. I miss the days where certain teams tried to slow it down, others teams tried to speed it up, and the Hogs scored off of defensive plays.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: bigredone on January 07, 2017, 10:46:13 pm
I think this is my first post on Jumpball this season. Trying to make college ball look like N(ot) B(asketball) A(nymore) sucks. I have tried to watch the Hogs a few times but the game itself sucks ass and I have only made it through 3 full games.

If Arkansas is not in it I cannot watch at all. Do away with the damn shot clock and allow more physical defense and it would be fun again to see the clash of styles. Each Not Basketball Anymore team plays 80 plus games a year, let all the non basketball fans enjoy that game and give us back college basketball.Shortening the shot clock has not helped scoring and everyone basically rushing around is not interesting. I miss the days where certain teams tried to slow it down, others teams tried to speed it up, and the Hogs scored off of defensive plays.

Even the crowd sucked.  The most thrilling parts of the game were the Dos Equis/Samuel Adams/Modelo/Heineken commercials.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 07, 2017, 09:51:28 pm

The NBA is garbage.

All offense (with walking allowed) and basically no defense has made that league a joke.

94 Hawg

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 07, 2017, 09:46:42 pm
49 fouls called in that game.
^^
it's beyond ridiculous. the whistle blows every trip down the floor.
just let them play
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers